The 2024 Commanders NFL Draft Thread

MikeT14

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

I just think you take Maye at 2. I like Williams a lot but I'd rather have Maye plus all of our picks over Williams and that's it. 

Just to change it up a little. Does this guy interest anyone with our 2nd rd pick if CW is not going to happen. One thing that might scare people away is his 2 ACL surgeries. 
He has some serious arm talent. More in line with todays QB. 

Would you guys be happy with these first 3 picks- Marvin Harrison Jr, Michael Penix Jr and Troy Fatanu

Edited by ARTMONK HOF

9 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Just to change it up a little. Does this guy interest anyone with our 2nd rd pick if CW is not going to happen. One thing that might scare people away is his 2 ACL surgeries. 

Nah I think I’d just take Maye. It’s not just the major knee injuries, he’s older too. 

1 hour ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Would you guys be happy with these first 3 picks- Marvin Harrison Jr, Michael Penix Jr and Troy Fatanu

Penix  has some nice accuracy.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Xavier Worthy is another one of my favorite prospects in this draft. Dude is electric. 

I love worthy!!!! Sadly he doesn’t help this teams red zone offense but he def gives a explosive element we can’t seem to utilize

11 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Blake Corum is probably my second favorite player in this draft(Brock Bowers 1). Just love the dude. If he's there in the third I'm taking him. 

He’s gonna be the 6th or 7th taken and he’s just going to produce because that’s what he does. His vision and decisiveness and contact balance are amazing

• Like 1

I think Penix Jr is a fine QB. I think he has a lot of talent but his receiving corp in college is probably better than ours in the pros. He's a lefty with a weird, quirky throwing motion and a ton of injury history. He's also older than Howell. None of this means he can't/won't be a success at the next level but I don't think its a coincidence older more veteran college QBs are torching all these defenses. Nix, Daniels and Penix all have an insane amount of collegiate starts under their belt. 

Bo Nix- 61 starts

Penix Jr- 48 starts in 6 years in college

Jayden Daniels- 55 starts

All three of them took off in their 5th year in college. There has to be some kind of correlation here for it to happen with all three. I mean, the exact same thing happened with Kenny Pickett. Just odd I guess. 

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I think Penix Jr is a fine QB. I think he has a lot of talent but his receiving corp in college is probably better than ours in the pros. He's a lefty with a weird, quirky throwing motion and a ton of injury history. He's also older than Howell. None of this means he can't/won't be a success at the next level but I don't think its a coincidence older more veteran college QBs are torching all these defenses. Nix, Daniels and Penix all have an insane amount of collegiate starts under their belt. 

Bo Nix- 61 starts

All three of them took off in their 5th year in college. There has to be some kind of correlation here for it to happen with all three. I mean, the exact same thing happened with Kenny Pickett. Just odd I guess. 

I agree having 2 acls is not ideal, he does have very good receivers but his arm talent with ball placement is unreal. Injuries could happen anytime to anyone, part of the game. QBs that are older should be more seasoned are playing longer now and if you get 10 years out of any QB, you would take it. 
If the Bears are looking for a big ransom for the first pick; I’m not really sold on D. Maye to be our pick. If this new FO is going to address the QB position, I wouldn’t hate it if we used one of our 2nd round picks for him. 
We can use our 1sr rd pick possibly for MH or LT or trade down, it gives us a lot more options. 

4 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

He’s gonna be the 6th or 7th taken and he’s just going to produce because that’s what he does. His vision and decisiveness and contact balance are amazing

6th or 7th RB? Oh man, I don't think so. I think he's Top 3. 

10 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Bo Nix- 61 starts

Those are the numbers I love. I subscribe to the Parcells philosophy of drafting QBs. And one thing he was always looking for was a guy who was a 4 year starter. 

8 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

I agree having 2 acls is not ideal, he does have very good receivers but his arm talent with ball placement is unreal. Injuries could happen anytime to anyone, part of the game. QBs that are older should be more seasoned are playing longer now and if you get 10 years out of any QB, you would take it. 
If the Bears are looking for a big ransom for the first pick; I’m not really sold on D. Maye to be our pick. If this new FO is going to address the QB position, I wouldn’t hate it if we used one of our 2nd round picks for him. 
We can use our 1sr rd pick possibly for MH or LT or trade down, it gives us a lot more options. 

Only problem there is with his performance in the playoffs (if it continues like this weekend) will he still be available in the 2nd?

• Like 1