The 2024 Commanders NFL Draft Thread

MikeT14

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

I agree with most of this like signing Higgins & Shultz if they'll have us and OL but why are we signing a DT? 

We have Allen, Payne, Ridgeway & Mathis.

I’ll agree Mathis hasn't shown though to be relied upon to start or anything, but to be our 3rd or 4th DT yes.

I really think like others have mentioned J.Allen should get traded and I think would net us a 2nd rd pick. We owe him that. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

I really think like others have mentioned J.Allen should get traded and I think would net us a 2nd rd pick. We owe him that. 

Oh, well if he does get traded then maybe?

If we're doing a true rebuild then I'd rather roll with Mathis and draft a DT in the mid-rounds to back him/Ridgeway up or we could Re-sign Tim Settle and not pay too much $.

1 hour ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

I'm not trading him unless he requests it. We already dumped both of our ends and that went terribly although I get why they did it. We can't gut the middle too. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Oh, well if he does get traded then maybe?

If we're doing a true rebuild then I'd rather roll with Mathis and draft a DT in the mid-rounds to back him/Ridgeway up or we could Re-sign Tim Settle and not pay too much $.

I personally thing we are going to package Allen / Pick # 2 / Pick # 40 - to grab the number one pick. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I'm not trading him unless he requests it. We already dumped both of our ends and that went terribly although I get why they did it. We can't gut the middle too. 

I’m thinking he’s 29, sacks have gone down each of the last 2 years and is making 18m. Get something while he still has some value. I guess we should wait to see what the new DC is looking and needing. 

20 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

I’m thinking he’s 29, sacks have gone down each of the last 2 years and is making 18m. Get something while he still has some value. I guess we should wait to see what the new DC is looking and needing. 

I mean, I agree with you but I guess its the fan in me that doesn't want to deal him. It would pain me to see he or Terry play elsewhere. 

• Like 2

Kliff Kingsbury interviewing for Bears OC and Schefter said he was a strong candidate for the job. Just thinking he would want some like K. Murray to run his offense which points to C. Williams. Just guessing but sounds logical. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Kliff Kingsbury interviewing for Bears OC and Schefter said he was a strong candidate for the job. Just thinking he would want some like K. Murray to run his offense which points to C. Williams. Just guessing but sounds logical. 

I think Fields can very much run that offense. That said Chicago is out here just drafting QB’s to fire a staff is a crazy thing to me. That’s why we’re here with Fields. They set that franchise up for this drafting fields with Nagy. Now they have a different staff that okay you draft Caleb and he doesn’t take the team anywhere are they firing this staff? Like say they go 5or 6 wins next year what they doing? I just don’t know if I buy it. I think this is more Kingsberry runs that system with Fields and they still get fields MHJ. But that’s just what I see when I look at their team

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Troublez said:

I personally thing we are going to package Allen / Pick # 2 / Pick # 40 - to grab the number one pick. 

Maybe, but that depends on what the Bears are going to do and, it depends on how Peters & the next HC evaluate the QBs. 

2 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

I think Fields can very much run that offense. That said Chicago is out here just drafting QB’s to fire a staff is a crazy thing to me. That’s why we’re here with Fields. They set that franchise up for this drafting fields with Nagy. Now they have a different staff that okay you draft Caleb and he doesn’t take the team anywhere are they firing this staff? Like say they go 5or 6 wins next year what they doing? I just don’t know if I buy it. I think this is more Kingsberry runs that system with Fields and they still get fields MHJ. But that’s just what I see when I look at their team

I agree more with Monk. I think they're going to go with Caleb unless they're blown away from a deal that no one would pass up like if we traded Jon Allen w/ this years 1st & next years 1st & more etc but, I think it's smartest for them to reset the offense with a QB & OC who I would say are simpatico & you're resetting the rookie QB contract too for the next 4 years.

Fields to Atl seems like a good bet to me. Have him run some zone read w/ Bijan & throw it around the yard to London & Pitts.

2 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

Bears lucked out with the B. Young trade now they have the same situation. This front office seems all over the place on what they’re doing with this pick and who’s going to coach him. They just know they better get it right. 

Edited by ARTMONK HOF

11 hours ago, Troublez said:

I would absolutely hate this trade. Pretty much any scenario where we trade away needed assets for one spot is an absolute loss to me. I don't care what people think of the QB. 

15 hours ago, Troublez said:

I'd do it. Future 1sts gets dicey for me though bc next year's 1st is likely to be a top 10 first too, maybe top 5 again.

17 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Bears lucked out with the B. Young trade now they have the same situation. This front office seems all over the place on what they’re doing with this pick and who’s going to coach him. They just know they better get it right. 

Chicago remind me of the Browns when they were stockpiling picks. The only difference is the Browns refused to draft a QB. The Bears might draft 3 of them you just don’t know. They definitely lucked out with the top pick. But how much luck did they have because if they could actually scout Stroud would be their QB. So trust me when I say nothing Chicago is doing would surprise me.

They have crippled Fields development. And the locker room loves him. Yeah let’s take Williams who don’t know either of them but fields is a humble guy who’s had his *** kicked and kept fighting in the NFL. As we’ve all said we don’t know what Caleb will do with adversity. and again they draft Williams use all their picks they’ve stockpiled and go 5-12 because they play good defense and Caleb looks just okay then what? You drafted another QB on a fired staff and you’re doing the exact same thing lol. Not my problem. If I was them I’d go MHJ and Draft a OL to actually protect Fields. And I’d get Blake Corrum on that team at some point. But that’s just me I’d put some real fire power on that roster and protect Fields. But I liked Fields coming out I still think he’s got what it takes he’s tough as nails!!!