The 2024 Commanders NFL Draft Thread

MikeT14

7 hours ago, e16bball said:

Agree those are big needs, but I don’t think we need to be wedded to those positions at both R2 picks. Especially because there isn’t a MLB or TE that I’d be willing to take at the top of the 2nd round of this draft. 

I will say that I can’t help feeling like one of those picks has to be used on an OL, whether it’s a toolsy OT or one of the high-end IOLs. But that still leaves another pick that could be used on a receiver if we aren’t sold on Dotson as WR2 moving forward and can’t snag a top guy in FA.

I think Xavier Legette is going to be a big riser after the combine, and it feels like Keon Coleman is really dropping (pun sort of intended). I suspect one of those guys may actually be there for our R2 picks, and either one would give us the big-body type we’ve been lacking for a long time.

I think that’s especially that the case if the OTs fly off the board like we’re afraid they might. If the OTs are gone, there might be value still at WR (or DE).

My thing is that people keep falling in love with flashy prospects - which i understand - but we shouldn't do what Rivera did the last few drafts and ignore our biggest needs bc we like a prospect IMO. 

There are DEs, MLBs, OL & TEs worth taking in R2, I'm taking that over another small WR.

I personally think WR should be solved in FA by signing a vet who's over 6’ to give us some height on the outside, whether that's spending high dollars on Tee Higgins or on someone in the 2nd tier.

41 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

My thing is that people keep falling in love with flashy prospects - which i understand - but we shouldn't do what Rivera did the last few drafts and ignore our biggest needs bc we like a prospect IMO. 

There are DEs, MLBs, OL & TEs worth taking in R2, I'm taking that over another small WR.

I personally think WR should be solved in FA by signing a vet who's over 6’ to give us some height on the outside, whether that's spending high dollars on Tee Higgins or on someone in the 2nd tier.

Rivera fell in love with flashy prospects? Like who lol. Rivera picked guys a round too early. He constantly passed on the flashy players and that's how we ended up with Dotson instead of a much better receiver in Olave or an All-Pro safety in Hamilton. 

I think you take the best player on the board regardless of position. This team has holes everywhere, including receiver. And I don't agree there are TEs worthy of taking in the second round this year. We missed that boat last season when I begged and pleaded for one. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Rivera fell in love with flashy prospects? Like who lol. Rivera picked guys a round too early. He constantly passed on the flashy players and that's how we ended up with Dotson instead of a much better receiver in Olave or an All-Pro safety in Hamilton. 

I think you take the best player on the board regardless of position. This team has holes everywhere, including receiver. And I don't agree there are TEs worthy of taking in the second round this year. We missed that boat last season when I begged and pleaded for one. 

Jamin Davis was an extremely athletic LB and flashy as a prospect. Rivera took him over the solid LT Christian Darrisaw who would've been a cornerstone at LT for a decade plus.

Emanuel Forbes led the SEC in interceptions returned for a TD, so bc Rivera wanted the flashy playmaker so, he took him over the more technically sound Christian Gonzalez.

Quan Martin was a Swiss Army, nickel CB/S in college & Rivera took him over Cody Mauch or O’Cyrus Torrence who would've been our starting LG.

Edited by turtle28

3 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Jamin Davis was an extremely athletic LB and flashy as a prospect. Rivera took him over the solid LT Christian Darrisaw who would've been a cornerstone at LT for a decade plus.

Emanuel Forbes led the SEC in interceptions returned for a TD, so bc Rivera wanted the flashy playmaker so, he took him over the more technically sound Christian Gonzalez.

Quan Martin was a Swiss Army, nickel CB/S in college & Rivera took him over Cody Mauch or O’Cyrus Torrence who would've been our starting LG.

Your flashy and my flashy are very different my dude 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

Your flashy and my flashy are very different my dude 

How is a fast WR who's a kick returner not flashy? 

We need guys that play inside the #s. We need to build the OL, restock DE, draft a MLB & a #1 TE is way more important than #3 WR.

Also, do we need another 6’ 170 pound WR? 

That size screams the Emmanuel Forbes of WRs to me. 

Edited by turtle28

Call me crazy but I'd like to draft Johnny Wilson in R4 and move him to TE. I think his 6’7 frame will be a huge asset over the middle & he's got more speed than most TEs to stretch the field vs LBs & SS’s and he has a huge catch radius.

I can't believe there's people who genuinely think Jayden Daniels is actually 210lbs. I get that's his listed weight but Stroud is apparently 218. Now look at Stroud and look at Daniels and tell me they look remotely the same in build lol. Daniels looks like Forbes. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I can't believe there's people who genuinely think Jayden Daniels is actually 210lbs. I get that's his listed weight but Stroud is apparently 218. Now look at Stroud and look at Daniels and tell me they look remotely the same in build lol. Daniels looks like Forbes. 

I'm still taking him over Drake Maye

https://www.ourlads.com/nfl-mock-draft/mock/2024/2024-nfl-mock-draft-1.0/99 

2. Washington Commanders

Jayden Daniels, QB , LSU 

They have us taking him over both Caleb and Maye.

36. Washington Commanders

Adisa Isaac, DE , Penn State 

I'm not even familiar with this guy, just Chop (who went three picks before). 

Probably go Morgan or Barton or consider trading up a little bit for one of the tackles that falls. 

40. Washington Commanders

Graham Barton, OG , Duke 

Good pick. If we took Barton at 36 then maybe Amenadjie here.

67. Washington Commanders

Ja'Tavion Sanders, TE , Texas 

Probably the clear #2 TE in the draft. Probably not a bad spot to get him either. Alternate maybe Darius Robinson, DE or Jackson Powers-Johnson, C. 

100. Washington Commanders

Malachi Corley, WR , Western Kentucky

Perfection.

4 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I agree with that.  Jamin Davis was a combine/workout warrior.

But that's why he was the flashy pick. He flashed just like Forbes did in certain ways and that's why Rivera & the Marty’s took them. They thought both would force turnovers bc of their speed/athleticism and so far they were wrong.

The safer pick in that draft was Darisaw but Rivera/Gurney didn't value 1st round OL or spending a lot in FA on OL so they resched by a round on a LB.

1 minute ago, MikeT14 said:

https://www.ourlads.com/nfl-mock-draft/mock/2024/2024-nfl-mock-draft-1.0/99 

They have us taking him over both Caleb and Maye.

I'm not even familiar with this guy, just Chop (who went three picks before). 

Probably go Morgan or Barton or consider trading up a little bit for one of the tackles that falls. 

Good pick. If we took Barton at 36 then maybe Amenadjie here.

Probably the clear #2 TE in the draft. Probably not a bad spot to get him either. Alternate maybe Darius Robinson, DE or Jackson Powers-Johnson, C. 

Perfection.

I wouldn't take Daniels over Caleb or Drake. 

Other than that I like it.

3 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I wouldn't take Daniels over Caleb or Drake. 

Other than that I like it.

Yeah, again I like JD, but not over the other two. Other than that the draft overall is good, except I don't know anything out PSU's other DE so I can't overly comment on it.