Week 3 GDT: Lamar and Backups vs. a really good college team from Indianapolis

AFlaccoSeagulls

On 9/25/2023 at 11:20 AM, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I'd love to see the All-22 of Bateman's routes. I don't believe for a second he's not getting open. We also haven't really gotten Mark Andrews involved, either. Lamar, as he's done throughout his entire career, picks one guy and just force feeds that guy the ball. 

That guy this year is Zay Flowers.

EDIT: Last thought I had as I was falling asleep last night - when the game was on the line and we needed yards, I don't recall a single Lamar designed run except for I think one play where Lamar got 12 yards.

Yup. This is a long TD to Bateman if Lamar isn’t hyper fixated on Flowers 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

Yup. This is a long TD to Bateman if Lamar isn’t hyper fixated on Flowers 

for all the pre-snap stuff Lamar does, he sees single high here and doesn't even think to go to Bateman on a double move? Idk, I'm not in the room/huddle and I don't know the progressions but that seems weird.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

for all the pre-snap stuff Lamar does, he sees single high here and doesn't even think to go to Bateman on a double move? Idk, I'm not in the room/huddle and I don't know the progressions but that seems weird.

Y'all are really concluding what you want to there. The Colts, who were getting pressure with 4, blitzed with a free rusher on a rare occasion. We are (validly) criticizing Lamar for holding the ball too long. 

You have the audacity to say he should have waited for the double-move route there. Pause that play at 11 seconds. Absolutely not.

• Like 2

if its blitz you throw it quick? wasnt there a problem with lamar holding the ball too long and taking unnecessary sack the corner only start moving when lamar released it  wouldnt even have enough time to make that throw unless bate was his 1st read which he obviously wasnt

Edited by Nobellythrower
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, Nobellythrower said:

if its blitz you throw it quick? wasnt there a problem with lamar holding the ball too long and taking unnecessary sack the corner only start moving when lamar released it  wouldnt even have enough time to make that throw unless bate was his 1st read which he obviously wasnt

It's such a bad take that exposes their facade of support. It's unfortunately not uncommon for many Ravens fans to have this super weird resentment of Lamar. So many pretend to clap when things go well, but cope with losses by at least having the opportunity to lash out with whatever brainless thought they can muster. They'll say it is just them being "reasonable and rational" fans, but data shows that the "reason and rationale" they have doesn't equate to insightfulness.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

Y'all are really concluding what you want to there. The Colts, who were getting pressure with 4, blitzed with a free rusher on a rare occasion. We are (validly) criticizing Lamar for holding the ball too long. 

You have the audacity to say he should have waited for the double-move route there. Pause that play at 11 seconds. Absolutely not.

He can certainly max pro and hit the double move, but that's being picky. Your analysis is actually correct.

I would, and I've said this before, like to see Lamar tunnel vision on guys less, though. He's done it for years with Andrews and this year Zay Flowers seems to be that guy. 

3 hours ago, Nobellythrower said:

Now if you want to say something about lamar its that he gotta get this ball to andrews (on the first clip)

also missing aghlor late in the game 

I remember watching that first play going "what in the world was that?!". I didn't even realize Mark Andrews was wide open over the middle of the field. Yikes.

2 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I remember watching that first play going "what in the world was that?!". I didn't even realize Mark Andrews was wide open over the middle of the field. Yikes.

No human is perfect except Jesus, lamar makes mistake but so does every qb in the nfl , but  that was a play  you could've used 

22 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

It's such a bad take that exposes their facade of support. It's unfortunately not uncommon for many Ravens fans to have this super weird resentment of Lamar. So many pretend to clap when things go well, but cope with losses by at least having the opportunity to lash out with whatever brainless thought they can muster. They'll say it is just them being "reasonable and rational" fans, but data shows that the "reason and rationale" they have doesn't equate to insightfulness.

Yes, you are correct, our support for this team is merely a facade because in a thread containing posts like “Bateman needs to get HIMSELF involved in the offense more often” (made by you, in fact) there is simply no place to post an all 22 clip of Bateman getting himself open and not getting the ball. Blasphemous and out of line, tbh.

We resent Lamar, obviously

Edit: Also, shut up nerd lmao good lord do you have a super inflated opinion of yourself. I’ve said it many times but you’re not this ethereal voice of reason who blesses us with his reasonable and measured presence. You - like every football fan in the history of history - have had some really bad takes. You provide 0 insight, all you do is drop by after games and play the “haha yeahhhhh im cool because i don’t care we lost this game, doesn’t matter, we’re a playoff lock with lamar every year brodies”. We’re talking football. If Lamar plays poorly you’re going to see it discussed. If you’re a grown man and can’t handle that without getting your feelings hurt and going into this weird psychoanalytical tirade everytime someone criticizes him idk what to tell you. Flacco was roasted by fans for years. Some deserved some not. It comes with the territory of being a QB in the NFL. 

TLDR you stink, stfu and go cry about your Lamar conspiracy theories and how most fans actually secretly hate him somewhere else

Edited by Ray Reed