New Regime Options

beardown3231

35 minutes ago, Docknstein11 said:

https://x.com/lriddickespn/status/1720255897249726580?s=46

Former Bears coach on two occasions. Potential OC. Wonder if he’s HC material? 48 years old and has coached for 20 years. Has the experience. 

I wouldn't look at him for a HC gig but I do have to admit Levis looks pretty good considering.

• Like 1

Poles' presser yesterday got me thinking...

As much as he has to back Flus at this point in the season I was surprised at just how passionate he was in backing Flus...with the DC & RB coach already out could we see Flus stay and big changes on the staff below him taking place? Don't get me wrong I hope not because very rarely does that type of move ever work out but right now I could obviously a new RB coach and maybe a more experienced TE coach coming in...on the defensive side a new DC & we 100% need a new DL coach...

Again not what I would want but you just never know with this ownership.

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

Poles' presser yesterday got me thinking...

As much as he has to back Flus at this point in the season I was surprised at just how passionate he was in backing Flus...with the DC & RB coach already out could we see Flus stay and big changes on the staff below him taking place? Don't get me wrong I hope not because very rarely does that type of move ever work out but right now I could obviously a new RB coach and maybe a more experienced TE coach coming in...on the defensive side a new DC & we 100% need a new DL coach...

Again not what I would want but you just never know with this ownership.

Just give me Ben Johnson or Shane Waldron for HC and calling plays, with an established DC like Todd Bowles (if he's let go from TB at the end of the year. Or Harbaugh. Those are my top three, in no order, and there's no one else i'm really considering.

2 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

Just give me Ben Johnson or Shane Waldron for HC and calling plays, with an established DC like Todd Bowles (if he's let go from TB at the end of the year. Or Harbaugh. Those are my top three, in no order, and there's no one else i'm really considering.

I think that is what every fan wants...

Just looking at the options if that isn't possible.

32 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

Don't ever, for any reason, do anything to anyone for any reason ever, no matter what, no matter where, or who, or who you are with, or where you are going, or where you've been... ever, for any reason whatsoever...

Here is another one where apparently we can't figure out how to put a 2nd & 3rd round on the field in a rotation...

I like Flus as a man...I like him as a DC...but holy hell he is in so far over his head as an HC.

On 11/6/2023 at 3:11 PM, Madmike90 said:

Here is another one where apparently we can't figure out how to put a 2nd & 3rd round on the field in a rotation...

I like Flus as a man...I like him as a DC...but holy hell he is in so far over his head as an HC.

I agree. I get playing vets in hopes of saving your job, but when those vets are JAGs (looking at you, Justin Jones) your better chance to save your job is going to come from showing that the young players you had a hand in selecting are growing and are future key pieces. Flus isn’t alone in seemingly not understanding that at all, and in this case he can’t even blame the DC for making those calls because that’s him right now anyway. 

Edited by AZBearsFan
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

I agree. I get playing vets in hopes of saving your job, but when those vets are JAGs (looking at you, Justin Jones) your better chance to save your job is going to come from showing that the young players you had a hand in selecting are growing and are future key pieces. Flus isn’t alone in seemingly not understanding that at all, and in this case he can’t even blame the DC for making those calls because that’s him right now anyway. 

The Bears have scored 40 points TOTAL in their last 11 fourth quarters of one score games. The Bears are 1-10 in those games. 40 points comes out to 3.63 points per fourth quarter. Eberflus just had to have Edwards and Edmunds in free agency & had to have Dexter, Pickens, Stevenson, Brisker and Gordon in the first 3 rounds yet his defense is absolute dog****...and despite all of that Poles is going to bring him back because of the great culture he's created and that he LOVES him. Life is good!

Edited by beardown3231

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

This is utter BS IMO...but if it means Harbaugh wants to potentially come here I am all for it.

While I admittedly know little of the deal (stealing signs is basically it) this just sounds like a damn witch hunt. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Sugashane said:

While I admittedly know little of the deal (stealing signs is basically it) this just sounds like a damn witch hunt. 

you can steal signs in real time, but you cant scout opponents ahead of time and in person (NCAA rule since not all schools have the resources to do so). Michigan allegedly sent a guy to do just that 

Honestly Slowik has impressed the hell out of me. Stroud has been playing crazy well all year, theyvare ablento attack vertically to use his arm and he has players overpaying their assumed talent levels. Dude might be a one year wonder but damn he's killing it.

He's moved to my 3rd option for HCs.