New Regime Options

beardown3231

31 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

If it’s a first time HC Ben Johnson is my guy… but I want him keeping playcalling duties. I LOVE the way he calls games. 

He's my top guy as well. While I've been throwing some potential staffs around the Ben Johnson one might be hard for me to find an equal. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

He's my top guy as well. While I've been throwing some potential staffs around the Ben Johnson one might be hard for me to find an equal. 

I was super excited about Matt Nagy, but honestly BJ has the plusses of Nagy but with the (big deal) added bonus of having called plays. And, trying to say this in the nicest way possible, but something tells me "Motor City Dan Campbell" may not be the source of offensive sophistication over there. 

5 hours ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

I was super excited about Matt Nagy, but honestly BJ has the plusses of Nagy but with the (big deal) added bonus of having called plays. And, trying to say this in the nicest way possible, but something tells me "Motor City Dan Campbell" may not be the source of offensive sophistication over there. 

Aberflus. That's better. 

On 9/25/2023 at 2:59 AM, Madmike90 said:

By this logic let’s just hire guys from winning franchises like KC & Philly…oh wait…

I am not so fussed about where we would hire Dodds from and more the man himself…he would add a toughness and demand more than our last few GMs ever have…only reason I could see him not being hired is he might be too intense for George who is always looking for “great men” in other words nice guys who don’t rock the boat…enough of that nonsense…get someone in who will rub people up the wrong way if they are not doing what they should…ideal top jobs for me right now…

GM: Ed Dodds

HC: Ben Johnson

OC: John Morton

DC: Lesley Frazier

I don't think Poles is going anywhere.

However... I don't think I'd hate Leslie Frazier here as DC, mostly because we wouldn't have to overhaul what we've been building defensively (not saying we're any good but...)

10 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Hopefully Warren is the ***hole the franchise needs.

I don't want to say that Poles can't be a good GM or leader, but yeah I do think you need a touch of ruthlessness in that type of a role.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, G08 said:

I don't want to say that Poles can't be a good GM or leader, but yeah I do think you need a touch of ruthlessness in that type of a role.

The bad part is we won't know for a few years if Poles is good or bad too. 

- If he said he wanted to put heavy pressure on Fields and the coaching staff in a sink or swim mode and gather high draft picks if they don't do well. *chef's kiss*  Hopefully he and Warren can decide on a better HC and staff for the next QB. 

- If they had full intentions of competing for the NFL North now that GB and MIN have taken a step back, then he has sucked something fierce and just has been lucky.  Hopefully Warren has a better eye for talent for HCs and GMs than the Bears' top brass. When Lovie is the best you've put forward in 30 years... 🤮

Warren should have been up front and met with everyone from Poles down in the management tree and been able to get their "honest" expectations for the season, where they think they are now as a team and how their responsibilities should help lead the area they control. That should at least give Warren some insight as to their plans and execution of said plans. 

2 hours ago, Sugashane said:

The bad part is we won't know for a few years if Poles is good or bad too. 

- If he said he wanted to put heavy pressure on Fields and the coaching staff in a sink or swim mode and gather high draft picks if they don't do well. *chef's kiss*  Hopefully he and Warren can decide on a better HC and staff for the next QB. 

- If they had full intentions of competing for the NFL North now that GB and MIN have taken a step back, then he has sucked something fierce and just has been lucky.  Hopefully Warren has a better eye for talent for HCs and GMs than the Bears' top brass. When Lovie is the best you've put forward in 30 years... 🤮

Warren should have been up front and met with everyone from Poles down in the management tree and been able to get their "honest" expectations for the season, where they think they are now as a team and how their responsibilities should help lead the area they control. That should at least give Warren some insight as to their plans and execution of said plans. 

It seems like Warren is pretty well connected so I am hoping, at minimum, he will have insight into an up-and-coming head coach / offensive mind.

I don't think Poles' job is on the line but who knows. If we have the #1 overall pick I would understand detonating the franchise and bringing in a brand new GM, head coach etc.

Selfishly, I'm just tired of the perpetual rebuild. Feels like the mf'ing Cleveland Browns.

• Like 1