New Regime Options

beardown3231

6 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

I understand the toughness thing but coincidentally Poles seems like a no nonsense guy too. Dodds is up for a GM role every year and nobody seems to hire him. It's one thing to be a hardass. It's another to be a good talent evaluator. Once again I'm not seeing the good young talent on Indy to be good with hiring Dodds

I don’t feel Poles comes across as no nonsense at all.

7 hours ago, blkwdw13 said:

No Frazier he has ties to past Baers  

I don’t mind the past connections…I think we need a DC that can use the players we have drafted (and Edmunds) as effectively as possible and brining that Buffalo defence which is Cover 2 but with a way more aggressive blitz package than Flus could seemingly imagine seems like the right mix…I also think Frazier’s past HC experience (all be it bad) would still allow Johnson to focus most of his efforts on the offence.

26 minutes ago, blkwdw13 said:

It's old school, cold weather football, can't be any other way. ;)

This is the one thing I can hear people say during a Bears game that will actually make me somewhat combative.  "BEARS FOOTBALL" being cold and ****ty and somehow because of being cold and ****ty it makes it unique and tough.

a) actual ******* BEARS ******* HIBERNATE in ******* WINTER. Symbolic value of being a cold bear = zero advantage, they're sleeping.

b) ALL of our division rivals other teams in the division in which we participate are from places far more cold and ****ty than Chicago (*Detriot arguably not but JFC have you ever been to Green Bay in winter? It's lovely if you're active but the second you stop you die instantly from frostbite. Minnesota? WAY  colder yet and somehow they still can't drive in it)  So by emphasizing cold and ****ty, we somehow come up last again.  AND all those teams have offensive identities that acknowledge the passing of the last century. 

Come to my backyard and start with this and you're getting only the worst parts of the bbq or undercooked chicken and your cocktail will be watery and your beer will be delivered by my ADHD daughter so it blows up in your face and your permit parking sticker will be expired and you get to sit in the sunny spot so you can't see the screen and when you get up we're just removing your chair. 

• Like 2

Dark horse addition could be Bobby Slowik, especially if Adam Peters is the GM hire. Could be a really high risk/high reward group. 

GM - Adam Peters

HC - Slowik

DC - Bowles gets to be overpaid as the DC if he is fired or Dennis Allen if he is. For first time DC you can go Kris Kocurek

OC - Brian Griese or Wes Welker

Outside of the vet DC options all have worked with Peters AND Slowik. Griese has worked with Purdy for the last two years, Welker worked with Shanahan and is now working with McDaniels in MIA, and also spent years under the other McDaniels as a player. 

20 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I don’t mind the past connections…I think we need a DC that can use the players we have drafted (and Edmunds) as effectively as possible and brining that Buffalo defence which is Cover 2 but with a way more aggressive blitz package than Flus could seemingly imagine seems like the right mix…I also think Frazier’s past HC experience (all be it bad) would still allow Johnson to focus most of his efforts on the offence.

Frazier does nothing for me, the ties to the Baers just make it worse. The only redeemable players the Baers might have on defense are in the secondary and they should be able to play multiple defense systems. Edmunds is a nothing and will most likely be gone in two years.

11 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Dark horse addition could be Bobby Slowik, especially if Adam Peters is the GM hire. Could be a really high risk/high reward group. 

GM - Adam Peters

HC - Slowik

DC - Bowles gets to be overpaid as the DC if he is fired or Dennis Allen if he is. For first time DC you can go Kris Kocurek

OC - Brian Griese or Wes Welker

Outside of the vet DC options all have worked with Peters AND Slowik. Griese has worked with Purdy for the last two years, Welker worked with Shanahan and is now working with McDaniels in MIA, and also spent years under the other McDaniels as a player. 

The former HC I would target at DC if I could in any situation would be Robert Saleh cause I don’t see how he survives in NY with the way that sideline imploded on Sunday but that is most the offence causing it…defence is still good and he would have a ready made staff with him…would fit well in the above situation…that OC situation would terrify me mind you 😂 give me as much experience as possible around any first time HC.

• Like 1

Just now, blkwdw13 said:

Frazier does nothing for me, the ties to the Baers just make it worse. The only redeemable players the Baers might have on defense are in the secondary and they should be able to play multiple defense systems. Edmunds is a nothing and will most likely be gone in two years.

I disagree on Edmunds…he has shown he is a player…but like on LB he needs something in front of him…we seen Roquan struggle last season…he’ll I remember watch Urlacher & Briggs struggle when the DL talent was bad at the end of their runs…until he has a decent DL in front of him I won’t judge him or indeed Edwards who clearly isn’t the player he was behind the Eagles front last season either.

On 9/24/2023 at 9:12 PM, Bowler1215 said:

I think Poles stays for his 4 year contract.  He inherited a crap team and he's in the middle of tearing it down and starting from scratch.  Everyone else is on the hot seat. 

I'm not sure who I'd want as head coach.  A part of me thinks offensive minded, but the last two we had, our offense was offensive. 

I too think that Poles is not going to be going anywhere. He's made some questionable choices as GM, most notably the Claypool trade, but how often are GMs fired this early into a rebuild unless they've done something really bad? I think he gets another hire at HC.

That said  think it's still too premature to say it's a given that Flus and his staff will be let go after this season although it doesn't look too good for them right now.. it is a long season and we'll have to see how the rest plays out

As for potential HC hires I don't really know who I really like candidates just yet since I wasn't expecting  us to be looking for another HC again so soon but let's say Poles were to stick around then I can see Bieniemy,  Kafka and Ben Johnson all getting serious consideration due to having connections to Poles