Sashi Brown out in Cleveland

BroncoSojia

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Honestly most/many Browns fans were fairly pleased with Sashi, I sure was.

He turned an old, expensive, crappy roster into a young, talented group with 100 million in cap space and 6 top 65 picks next year.

From the beginning he and DePodesta said this would be a long rebuild.  Maybe some folks should have listened??

There are obviously possible regrets about Wentz, and to a lesser degree Watson, but if Sashi has the chance to get his pick of the class in April and that player succeeds, are those previous trades even an issue moving forward?

Bottom line is a guy had a long term vision and stayed true to it, even when the other idiots in the building were trying to trade his hard gotten picks for AJ effin McCarron, Sashi was there to save them from themselves.

Dorsey may very well succeed here, but if he does he'd better make sure to thank the man that handed him a pile of assets almost unseen by another incoming GM in league history.

This was a lot more constructive than asking me if I'd been drinking haha. 

Thank you for this post I was gonna pick away on a bunch of minor details for a while I didn't really want to get in to an argument. 

If the AJ McCarron fiasco wasn't on him that turns a negative into somewhat of a positive because the optics of what had happened there were bad that it was bungled and didn't go through but would have also been bad if they gave up those picks to get him really a catch-22. 

I get this long term plan idea I really do and at the beginning I was intrigued and hopeful something could have gotten done. You are seeing some results with the sixers now and I think this is the NFL equivalent to that but I'm just not totally sure this works in the NFL. I just think the NFL is different in that regard. I think a 5-8 year plan doesn't exactly lineup with everyone's timeline coach/GM/players are all in different places with different mindsets. So many chances are being taken and it's not likebthe nba where you need 5 players on the court and 2 stars players. You need so many players and if it is a longer than 5 year plan why are some of the more veteran guys resigning and committing to a team that wins 0-4 games a year in hope that it's so close? 

Again I like some of his moves I dislike some of his moves are almost moves I mainly just believe this sort of thing cannot work in the NFL. That's it. 

2 minutes ago, kyle21121 said:

This was a lot more constructive than asking me if I'd been drinking haha. 

Thank you for this post I was gonna pick away on a bunch of minor details for a while I didn't really want to get in to an argument. 

If the AJ McCarron fiasco wasn't on him that turns a negative into somewhat of a positive because the optics of what had happened there were bad that it was bungled and didn't go through but would have also been bad if they gave up those picks to get him really a catch-22. 

I get this long term plan idea I really do and at the beginning I was intrigued and hopeful something could have gotten done. You are seeing some results with the sixers now and I think this is the NFL equivalent to that but I'm just not totally sure this works in the NFL. I just think the NFL is different in that regard. I think a 5-8 year plan doesn't exactly lineup with everyone's timeline coach/GM/players are all in different places with different mindsets. So many chances are being taken and it's not likebthe nba where you need 5 players on the court and 2 stars players. You need so many players and if it is a longer than 5 year plan why are some of the more veteran guys resigning and committing to a team that wins 0-4 games a year in hope that it's so close? 

Again I like some of his moves I dislike some of his moves are almost moves I mainly just believe this sort of thing cannot work in the NFL. That's it. 

I disagree.

I think two sacrificial years to acquire assets and build a roster can lead to solid growth by year 3 and sustainable success (perrienial playoffs) by year 4 or 5 with a ton of draft capital each year by continuing to trade down.

I truly loved the concepts and would have bet on it's success long term.

Also, please excuse any Browns fans today, the owner has a way of ruining our lives on a regular basis lol.  @Bonanza23 is really a good dude.

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I disagree.

I think two sacrificial years to acquire assets and build a roster can lead to solid growth by year 3 and sustainable success (perrienial playoffs) by year 4 or 5 with a ton of draft capital each year by continuing to trade down.

Also, please excuse any Browns fans today, the owner has a way of ruining our lives on a regular basis lol.  @Bonanza23 is really a good dude.

Yeah he apparently has an issue with my spellcheck. 

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I disagree.

It's completely fine to disagree with my assement and a few years from with hindsight some of what he did will be looked upon in a much different light however having an experienced football mind to take over and more properly use those assets my very well be more beneficial than having Sashi make those picks or make those deals. That's why I think this was a good move. Again not all bad but I wasn't trusting this process with him at the helm. I just think it's different in football and this super super long term rebuild that has yet to yield much results wasn't going to get it done. 

11 minutes ago, kyle21121 said:

Come on now you did start this haha. 

I got nothing but love for you. I'm sorry it's been a bad time under the Haslem regime to be a Browns fan I really am. 

I started it and didn’t see it finished. 

Thanks for the love. Nothing but love back, we’re all humans yes? That makes us family. Some for some odd reason feel differently. 

Dont ever feel bad for me. I have great friends. Have a great career. Love where I live. The Browns depress me yes, but my getaway is my life. I can always go out and enjoy life. Yeah believe it or not, away from a tv. 

And I got my Cavs B|

37 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

Thanks for the love. Nothing but love back, we’re all humans yes? That makes us family. Some for some odd reason feel differently. 

Dont ever feel bad for me. I have great friends. Have a great career. Love where I live. The Browns depress me yes, but my getaway is my life. I can always go out and enjoy life. Yeah believe it or not, away from a tv. 

And I got my Cavs B|

tenor.gif?itemid=4169872

30 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

And I got my Cavs B|

It's all good I may have misread the room. I thought if I felt one way I'm sure Browns fans feel the same way, etc. I wasn't being overly serious or overly mad with anything.

I am glad that the browns aren't the only thing in the world that brings you happiness haha or things would have gotten a heck of a lot darker rather quickly.

Cavs are rolling. I'm glad after the 6-7 (or whatever they were) some of the Celtics fans were feeling themselves a bit too much I remember one Celtics fan said something like "Boston's winning the east the Cavs still have to get into the playoffs" that lasted about a week and a half. 

I'm at good place with all my sports to right now. It's not the only thing that makes me happy but I do get that nice boost after a big win. 

5 minutes ago, kyle21121 said:

It's all good I may have misread the room. I thought if I felt one way I'm sure Browns fans feel the same way, etc. I wasn't being overly serious or overly mad with anything.

I am glad that the browns aren't the only thing in the world that brings you happiness haha or things would have gotten a heck of a lot darker rather quickly.

Cavs are rolling. I'm glad after the 6-7 (or whatever they were) some of the Celtics fans were feeling themselves a bit too much I remember one Celtics fan said something like "Boston's winning the east the Cavs still have to get into the playoffs" that lasted about a week and a half. 

I'm at good place with all my sports to right now. It's not the only thing that makes me happy but I do get that nice boost after a big win. 

Fellow bahstahn hate?  We best friends now! That’s how it’s done world. A little conversation and we’re good. I’d like your post but I’m out of likes. 

7 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

Fellow bahstahn hate?  We best friends now! That’s how it’s done world. A little conversation and we’re good. I’d like your post but I’m out of likes. 

Haha it's all good my man. I don't necessarily like the Cavs but my Boston/NE hate has been around a lot longer and may be the only sports town where I hate all 4 major sports teams. 

Archived