Sashi Brown out in Cleveland

BroncoSojia

10 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Perfect, welp--looks like John Dorsey is going to be it. Heard he drafted Kareem Hunt, Tyreke Hill, Travis Kelce, Marcus Peters, Pat Mahommes and brought Alex Smith to KC. Wow. That gets me pumped. But the reason they let him go was because he would do things and wouldnt tell anybody?? Weird.

Dorsey is top 5 draft GM IMO.    I think Brown did an AMAZING job - but as long as Dorsey gets the hire and has complete control (and NOT interference from Haslem and Hue)...then it's a mitigating hire.  Brown had the right vision - the only mistake I can say he made was Watson...but everyone except HOU thought it was a huge reach pick.   Haslem's an idiot for being impatient...and keeping Hue.   The criticism on Wentz misses the key point that you take him, the team is literally a bottom 3 team talent wise without the rest of the picks.   Outside of QB and secondary, the team is actually league-average or better - and they're young AND cheap.   That's how you get into a situation where the massive leap occurs once you get the QB.   And again, that's all because of Brown & the Moneyball FO.  Not because of anything Hue's done.   SMH.

If this was all done because they knew they could get Dorsey if they acted now...it's justifiable to some degree.   As long as Dorsey embraces the blueprint Brown set up.   Get the QB now, whether it's Cousins with sign/trade, or Darnold/Rosen...and watch this team take off.  I'd say 8-8 in 2018...and playoff contender from 2019+.   But it's Brown who really gets the credit.  Still, Dorsey's a fine choice if you have to move on.   Better get it right - because if you don't, all of Brown's work and sacrifice of 2016-17 seasons were for naught.  CLE fans deserve better.

7 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

Hue may not make it:

> Hire Dorsey
> Fire Hue
> Hire Dave Toub
> Sign Cousins
> Trade #1 to Giants for #3, 2nd rounder
> Draft Barkley at 3
> Draft Fitzpatrick or top corner or Derwin James if he makes it to the Houston pick
> 4 2nd round picks

OR

> Hire Dorsey
> Fire Hue
> Hire Dave Toub
> Give Leveon Bell $17m
> Draft Rosen/Darnold at 1
> Draft whoever at 7, probably cornerback
> 3 2nd round picks

I wish I was John Dorsey

I just don't  get the credit people give Sashi Brown. Like he did well on the Wentz trade and he also did well on many trades like the Brock one. But the moves he made litterally any rebuilding gm could do.

I really  think he messed up not drafting Watson. I felt that Clevland had the right pieces  in place on offense to pull the trigger on a franchise qb if one was there for the picking. With Watson available there clearly was. I just can't  fathom how good Watson to Gordon would of been for the next 8 years as Watson has one of the best deep  balls I've ever seen. 

So what if the texans pick is top 8 having a franchise qb being groomed this year is way more important.  In my opinion  he got too cute. That being said he did well saving them from the Aj trade.

At the same time Brown could of drafted Watson to help Hue feel comfortable that he's  actually trying to help him keep his job and win some games. 

With all that being said Brown deserved to finish his 5 year plan. But, tanking for years and the trust the process mentality doesn't last that long. It didn't last for Sam Hinke owners and fans are too impatient. 

With everything being said Brown left the Browns in better position than they were when they got there so you have to give him some credit. Just not the amount he's been receiving in this thread. 

Also 2016 there was no need for that second trade down.  You can't pick number 2 in the draft and end up with no franchise  cornerstone. He should of drafted a franchise tackle that the titans got with the trade up.

I think a mix and match with Sashis mindset would of served him better.

1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

Dorsey is top 5 draft GM IMO.    I think Brown did an AMAZING job - but as long as Dorsey gets the hire and has complete control (and NOT interference from Haslem and Hue)...then it's a mitigating hire.  Brown had the right vision - the only mistake I can say he made was Watson...but everyone except HOU thought it was a huge reach pick.   Haslem's an idiot for being impatient...and keeping Hue.   The criticism on Wentz misses the key point that you take him, the team is literally a bottom 3 team talent wise without the rest of the picks.   Outside of QB and secondary, the team is actually league-average or better - and they're young AND cheap.   That's how you get into a situation where the massive leap occurs once you get the QB.   And again, that's all because of Brown & the Moneyball FO.  Not because of anything Hue's done.   SMH.

If this was all done because they knew they could get Dorsey if they acted now...it's justifiable to some degree.   As long as Dorsey embraces the blueprint Brown set up.   Get the QB now, whether it's Cousins with sign/trade, or Darnold/Rosen...and watch this team take off.  I'd say 8-8 in 2018...and playoff contender from 2019+.   But it's Brown who really gets the credit.  Still, Dorsey's a fine choice if you have to move on.   Better get it right - because if you don't, all of Brown's work and sacrifice of 2016-17 seasons were for naught.  CLE fans deserve better.

I'm just shocked you say the only  mistake he made was Watson. You bang the table for bpa in out forum. And in 2016 there was clearly a drop off in talent from the 8th pick to 15.

You're always talking about foresight and all of that which I largely agree. So passing up in Jack Conklin was also a mistake. Any time you start out with the number 2 pick in the draft and don't get a blue chip prospect at the end of the day that's a mistake all day. I agree with the wentz trade down. But not drafting Watson wasn't his only mistake. 

In politics there's two parties liberal and conservative.  If we compared Brown to that he was too much in one direction. Best option is always middle ground.

18 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

I just don't  get the credit people give Sashi Brown. Like he did well on the Wentz trade and he also did well on many trades like the Brock one. But the moves he made litterally any rebuilding gm could do.

I really  think he messed up not drafting Watson. I felt that Clevland had the right pieces  in place on offense to pull the trigger on a franchise qb if one was there for the picking. With Watson available there clearly was. I just can't  fathom how good Watson to Gordon would of been for the next 8 years as Watson has one of the best deep  balls I've ever seen. 

So what if the texans pick is top 8 having a franchise qb being groomed this year is way more important.  In my opinion  he got too cute. That being said he did well saving them from the Aj trade.

At the same time Brown could of drafted Watson to help Hue feel comfortable that he's  actually trying to help him keep his job and win some games. 

With all that being said Brown deserved to finish his 5 year plan. But, tanking for years and the trust the process mentality doesn't last that long. It didn't last for Sam Hinke owners and fans are too impatient. 

With everything being said Brown left the Browns in better position than they were when they got there so you have to give him some credit. Just not the amount he's been receiving in this thread. 

Also 2016 there was no need for that second trade down.  You can't pick number 2 in the draft and end up with no franchise  cornerstone. He should of drafted a franchise tackle that the titans got with the trade up.

I think a mix and match with Sashis mindset would of served him better.

Hindsight is always great. There wasn't many, if any, that thought Watson was a franchise QB. And truthfully, we still don't know if that's true either

3 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

Can someone please let me in on the crystal ballingism that’s going on that Watson is for sure a franchise  Qb? I mean the huge handful of games and he already being hurt and out for the season enough to know?

I mean you're right he could be the next rg3. But I bet he's the next Warren Moon again it's an opinion.

Hue is a snake in the grass. Some things never change. In Oakland, he kissed Al Davis's rear frequently, calling him "coach" in interviews, etc. Elevated from OC to HC when Davis passed, he became too cool for school. Aloof in interviews, cocky, etc. and made that awful Palmer trade he called "the greatest trade in football". 

How owners keep falling for his shtick is bizarre. He's the definition of a snake oil salesman. 

13 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Hue is a snake in the grass. Some things never change. In Oakland, he kissed Al Davis's rear frequently, calling him "coach" in interviews, etc. Elevated from OC to HC when Davis passed, he became too cool for school. Aloof in interviews, cocky, etc. and made that awful Palmer trade he called "the greatest trade in football". 

How owners keep falling for his shtick is bizarre. He's the definition of a snake oil salesman. 

Unfortunately it’s looked like from the beginning he’s charmed Dee Haslam. We know what sex rules the roost. Probably dees idea to cheat the truckers and let Jimmy take the fall. 

3 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

Ahhh so we don’t know that passing on him is a mistake? Strike that blunder off his resume. 

I just personally don't get what he did that was so special. I mean any gm would do what he did if given a 5 year plan. 

Let's not act like he had the Hershel Walker trade. He got one bpue chip plqyer and the Browns are in a better position then when he started. That's the only credit I give him.

He's  the sam hinke of the Browns

Archived