Sashi Brown out in Cleveland

BroncoSojia

4 minutes ago, Tony7188 said:

But wasn't it ownership that forced the Cleveland F.O. to draft Johnny Manziel? If I recall correctly the coaches wanted Carr and the F.O. wanted Bridgewater...

That's the rumor, but it was always denied by the team.

I wouldn't mandate which qb, simply get the best one per our "qb whisperer".  Get the best guy in the draft, no compromises.

1 hour ago, Tony7188 said:

Hue might of like Wentz more than Goff but it’s not like he faught for the player. That’s what I meant. Never heard stories how Hue was upset over them not getting a player or anything like that. Sounds like hue never fought for Wentz or Watson like he fought to get McCarron

6 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Hue might of like Wentz more than Goff but it’s not like he faught for the player. That’s what I meant. Never heard stories how Hue was upset over them not getting a player or anything like that. Sounds like hue never fought for Wentz or Watson like he fought to get McCarron

Sure, but either way, the take home message is that Hue clearly didn't stump for either Wentz or Watson - the 2016 sources confirmed on Wentz, and 2017 sources clearly confirmed Hooker was what he wanted instead of trading for 2018's 1st.

To be clear, I love Hooker - but even there, Brown probably has been justified - not because Hooker tore his ACL (that's bad logic to justify any decision, you can't predict injuries), but the HOU pick looks like a top 8 pick at this pace.  And an instrumental piece to them getting their O upgraded.   Which is a bigger priority. 

The fact that Hue stumped for AJ McCarron the most should tell everything about the decision to keep him over Brown.  Wrong guy got fired for sure.  

13 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Sure, but either way, the take home message is that Hue clearly didn't stump for either Wentz or Watson - the 2016 sources confirmed on Wentz, and 2017 sources clearly confirmed Hooker was what he wanted instead of trading for 2018's 1st.

To be clear, I love Hooker - but even there, Brown probably has been justified - not because Hooker tore his ACL (that's bad logic to justify any decision, you can't predict injuries), but the HOU pick looks like a top 8 pick at this pace.  And an instrumental piece to them getting their O upgraded.   Which is a bigger priority. 

The fact that Hue stumped for AJ McCarron the most should tell everything about the decision to keep him over Brown.  Wrong guy got fired for sure.  

I have no problem with them firing sashi first but I have issues with them committing To hue for the 2018 season already. Hopefully a new GM changes that. 

Only way I will accept hue for next season is if the new GM truly loves Hue and truly believe in him and Forces Hue to hire an OC

15 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

So what were the real reasons Dorsey was fired? Looks like we’re pushing for him hard. 

Either John Dorsey or Scot McCloghlan.  Browns have been in contact with both.

My 2 cents is that either is a dynamite hire and finally we get a 'football guy' with a proven track record of success in drafting. You add one of them and do everything in your mighty power to bring in Peyton Manning in a director of player personnel role under Dorsey/McCloghlan. A role that would allow him to learn, offer his insight on roster decisions but have no final say.

That would be the best possible prayer for the Browns.

Meanwhile can any Cheifs fan tell me more about John Dorsey and share their opinions??

1 minute ago, AkronsWitness said:

Either John Dorsey or Scot McCloghlan.  Browns have been in contact with both.

My 2 cents is that either is a dynamite hire and finally we get a 'football guy' with a proven track record of success in drafting. You add one of them and do everything in your mighty power to bring in Peyton Manning in a director of player personnel role under Dorsey/McCloghlan. A role that would allow him to learn, offer his insight on roster decisions but have no final say.

That would be the best possible prayer for the Browns.

Meanwhile can any Cheifs fan tell me more about John Dorsey and share their opinions??

I’d love scot but I haven’t seen anything reliable that says we’ve been in contact with him. 

4 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I’d love scot but I haven’t seen anything reliable that says we’ve been in contact with him. 

Meh, I heard it on some lower level twitter report stuff. Nothing from anything major.

Either way, I guess I now have to do some digging. HOW DO YOU EMBED TWEETS!!!! Cause I have a good one I want to share. I hit 'insert other media, paste the tweet URL and nothing happens.

2 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Meh, I heard it on some lower level twitter report stuff. Nothing from anything major.

Either way, I guess I now have to do some digging. HOW DO YOU EMBED TWEETS!!!! Cause I have a good one I want to share. I hit 'insert other media, paste the tweet URL and nothing happens.

Just copy/paste, and then choose to paste it as plain text.   Don't bother with the media option.  The software does the rest.

Just now, AkronsWitness said:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">.<a href="https://twitter.com/nfldraftscout?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@nfldraftscout</a> tells <a href="https://twitter.com/BullandFox?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@BullandFox</a> league source told him today <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Browns?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Browns</a> made move today to get jumpstart on John Dorsey. Added several people that worked with him in KC believe he&#39;ll be next GM in Cleveland</p>&mdash; Keith Britton (@KeithBritton86) <a href="https://twitter.com/KeithBritton86/status/938907465797832704?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 7, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I just copy/pasted the twitter url and chose the option "paste as plain text instead":

5 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

I just copy/pasted the twitter url and chose the option "paste as plain text instead":

Perfect, welp--looks like John Dorsey is going to be it. Heard he drafted Kareem Hunt, Tyreke Hill, Travis Kelce, Marcus Peters, Pat Mahommes and brought Alex Smith to KC. Wow. That gets me pumped. But the reason they let him go was because he would do things and wouldnt tell anybody?? Weird.

Archived