2023: Week 4: Kansas City Chiefs (2-1) @ New York Jets (1-2)

chiefs82

Damn. Beat me to it. I should have posted the game thread at lunch.

What is it about Rodgers and Mahomes? They seem destined to never meet.

The defense is currently in the Top Ten--4th in pts/gm, 7th in yds/gm. That said, it's against some weak opponents. We will see going forward, but the depth is already coming into play. Against the Jets--sans Aaron Rodgers--we could easily climb.

The offense looked much better against a talented but disorganized defense. It will be interesting to see how the Bears' defense does against the Broncos and vice versa.

On 9/26/2023 at 1:16 AM, onejayhawk said:

That said, it's against some weak opponents.

They did played really well against Josh Allen.

Feels like NE and Dallas beat them by playing relatively safe on offense and shutting down their defense. We don't have Dallas pass rush but we can sure bring the heat against Wilson and I'm not scared of him at all. As long as dont offer them golden opportunities on offense or special teams, I think we'll be alright

36 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

They did played really well against Josh Allen.

Not yet. The Bills game is in December. 

36 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

Feels like NE and Dallas beat them by playing relatively safe on offense and shutting down their defense. We don't have Dallas pass rush but we can sure bring the heat against Wilson and I'm not scared of him at all. As long as dont offer them golden opportunities on offense or special teams, I think we'll be alright

Dallas has a studly defense and ours is a step down at the moment. Osa Odighizuwa really juiced up the pass rush while we are still figuring ours out and Omenihu has yet to play a down. We will see what develops. 

It honestly kind of frustrates me when other teams overpay our free agents just to not know how to use them. Mecole Hardman is not a good WR, but why did they pay him that money if they aren't even going to use him on jet sweeps and swing passes, like they've had this drive?