Hope?

Pool

Nope, no hope. In the past when we’ve sucked, I’ll say “I at least hope player x gets y yards”. This year there’s no goals, no hope. Just hope we somehow don’t screw up getting the first pick. And even then I imagine we’d screw up the draft prospects we get. I’ve never felt more disillusioned with this franchise. 

42 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

Nope, no hope. In the past when we’ve sucked, I’ll say “I at least hope player x gets y yards”. This year there’s no goals, no hope. Just hope we somehow don’t screw up getting the first pick. And even then I imagine we’d screw up the draft prospects we get. I’ve never felt more disillusioned with this franchise. 

This this this. Whoever they draft and whatever luck that may befall them they will 100% screw it up. The fat lady is singing.

• Like 1

My hopes right now are split between:

Hoping the staff finally dumps Fields and plays Bagent so we can evaluate him the rest of the season. 

Hoping that we still lose every game, regardless of how Bagent plays, for better draft position/options. I've said before that I think Bagent wins 2 more games than Fields in this same offense....my worry is that he also isn't the guy, but he is just competent enough to bump us out of the top 2 qbs and we get trapped in the pit of misery. 

4 hours ago, Epyon said:

My hopes right now are split between:

Hoping the staff finally dumps Fields and plays Bagent so we can evaluate him the rest of the season. 

Hoping that we still lose every game, regardless of how Bagent plays, for better draft position/options. I've said before that I think Bagent wins 2 more games than Fields in this same offense....my worry is that he also isn't the guy, but he is just competent enough to bump us out of the top 2 qbs and we get trapped in the pit of misery. 

Bagent to me is still maybe a backup QB, nice find with an UDFA, but I could foresee a situation in which he does just that.  Keep in mind I don't think he's going to be starter level, but teams are playing the Bears pretty weird right now.  I swear there seemed to be 2 spys on Fields at times.  Teams can get away with that because our OL is so bleh and our receivers are apparently from the future as they're putting in some tank level reps.  I think if you dropped in someone with a weaker arm, less scramble generally more boring but with a faster clockspeed, especially if it's a last minute change, you could totally catch some teams out especially if they're able to dink and dunk to a lead in the first half. 

All I can say is I don't think things are as bad as a lot of people, especially the media, are making them out to be

Putting some context into the whole situation we have played a pretty tough schedule to start the season and have a few different key injuries, namely on the OL

That's not excusing the poor coaching and play all around but we're not even a quarter of the season done and people are already talking about the #1 pick and firing everyone at seasons end

There's lots of time left for things to turn around.

Do I think Fields will be the guy we all want him to be? Maybe not but it's not time to pull the plug on that just yet 

Do I expect this team to be good and pushing for a playoff spot by week 18? No because I didn't really have that high of expectations to begin with going into this season

That being said I think things will be looking better by then than they are right now