Week 4 GDT Dolphins @ Bills: A battle for first place

Trentwannabe

Miami Dolphins' Christian Wilkins had some nice things to say about Buffalo  Bills QB Josh Allen - The Phinsider

The Last 5: 

01/15/2023 *    Miami Dolphins    31    @    Buffalo Bills    34    (Playoffs)
12/17/2022    Miami Dolphins    29    @    Buffalo Bills    32    
09/25/2022    Buffalo Bills    19    @    Miami Dolphins    21    
10/31/2021    Miami Dolphins    11    @    Buffalo Bills    26    
09/19/2021    Buffalo Bills    35    @    Miami Dolphins    0    

Bills Injury Report:

Dolphins Injury Report:

Prediction:

It doesn't get much better than this for an early season game. The undefeated Dolphins travel to Western, NY to take on our beloved 2-1 Bills. It's really too bad this game could not have been flexed to prime time. Alas, a 1:00pm game in September is elite football watching time.

The Dolphins offense was on a whole other level last week against Denver, dropping 70 points with barely breaking a sweat and not even having Waddle at their disposal. Their defense under Fangio looks to be improved but is not at a level that strikes fear into the opponent. That's where Tua and Tyreek come in. Add the running game of Mostert and Achane and the Dolphins have something special cooking.

In Buffalo, the last two weeks have looked a lot more like what was expected from this team. Outscoring their opponents 75-13 and looking to be a well balanced offense. James Cook looks like a legit RB and the best one we've had since the early McCoy years. Diggs is Diggs and Gabe seems more consistent thus far. The story of the team the last two weeks has been the trenches. The Bills OL looks to be vastly improved and their DL made life a living hell for Sam Howell last week. It is not hard to see the impact Sean McDermott has had on the defense with taking over play calling duties. This will be their biggest test yet.

I expect a back and forth game and some "OMG" moments for both sides. In the end, I'll give the edge to the home team as Josh Allen seems to go to another level against Miami.

Bills 38
Dolphins 35

Week 18 will be for the division on Sunday Night Football. 

48 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

We've had three really close games during the McDaniel era and I expect this one will continue that trend. Good luck and I hope most of all for no injuries!

It’s definitely hard to see a blow out on either side - baring injury of course. 

I think the difference will come down to who is the cleanest and avoids costly penalties. Hoping the home crowd gives the Bills the edge this time around. 

Just try to get the running game going, protect Allen, and hope Allen plays a safe game. I don't have a lot of faith in Miami's defense stopping the run. They were gashed by the Chargers, and while they were stout against the Pats- the Pats were down 3/4 starters on their O line that game. So, even if the running game isn't gashing the Dolphins early...keep at it. 

It's going to be tough to slow down the Dolphins offense. I fear the Dolphins are going to run all over Buffalo, and then rely on Tua to get the ball to his weapons quickly when we're anticipating the run. That being said, win the LOS and good things happen. Buffalo is strong on the interior line. Jones and Oliver should put in work. The ends will give Tua fits if he holds onto the ball too long, and that's exactly what you want to do to Tua. Slow down the timing of the offense and make Tua go through his progressions. I'm not convinced he's mastered that yet. Also, if they can get some hits on him early, he's shown to get anxious in the past. 

MIA isn't a juggernaut (yet). It's only been 3 games, and they barely squeaked by two teams who are far from contenders. In fact- they may not even be playoff caliber teams. We're much better teams then both the teams they beat. The Pats slowed their offense down, so can Buffalo if they play disciplined. 

On the flip side, the defense hasn't really been tested yet, and the Dolphins defense has caused Allen to turn the ball over quite a bit by sending relentless pressure. We're not a juggernaut, either, but we've shown in the past we run this division, so run them out of town!

Buffalo-35

MIA-27

5 hours ago, WizeGuy said:

Just try to get the running game going, protect Allen, and hope Allen plays a safe game. I don't have a lot of faith in Miami's defense stopping the run. They were gashed by the Chargers, and while they were stout against the Pats- the Pats were down 3/4 starters on their O line that game. So, even if the running game isn't gashing the Dolphins early...keep at it. 

It's going to be tough to slow down the Dolphins offense. I fear the Dolphins are going to run all over Buffalo, and then rely on Tua to get the ball to his weapons quickly when we're anticipating the run. That being said, win the LOS and good things happen. Buffalo is strong on the interior line. Jones and Oliver should put in work. The ends will give Tua fits if he holds onto the ball too long, and that's exactly what you want to do to Tua. Slow down the timing of the offense and make Tua go through his progressions. I'm not convinced he's mastered that yet. Also, if they can get some hits on him early, he's shown to get anxious in the past. 

MIA isn't a juggernaut (yet). It's only been 3 games, and they barely squeaked by two teams who are far from contenders. In fact- they may not even be playoff caliber teams. We're much better teams then both the teams they beat. The Pats slowed their offense down, so can Buffalo if they play disciplined. 

On the flip side, the defense hasn't really been tested yet, and the Dolphins defense has caused Allen to turn the ball over quite a bit by sending relentless pressure. We're not a juggernaut, either, but we've shown in the past we run this division, so run them out of town!

Buffalo-35

MIA-27

This will be very interesting to follow.  Fangio took over the D this offseason and he's blitzing way less than Boyer ever did.  In the past, it seems like Allen always burned the Fins when they dialed up the blitz anyway.  I have absolutely no idea what to expect from Miami's D this weekend.  

2 hours ago, Billsfaninptown said:

Reports coming out saying Von Miller is supposed start practicing next week. This D line has been scary already. If Von is anywhere near his normal self this defense could be nasty.

My guess he makes his debut on SNF against the Giants at home.