Rank the 32 Starters at QB

Tank4Drake

25 minutes ago, Soggust said:

So where would we rank Lamar?

Playoff choker and we can't act like 21' didn't happen, right? (and 22' arguably with ~240typg lowest of his career) 

Not a top 10 QB until he proves it in the playoffs (despite a great year), but a step ahead of Dak? #11?

edit- owait you said bottom 12 so that would put Lamar like #18-19?

You’re talking to the wrong guy. I despise Lamar. You’re preaching to the choir. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, El Ramster said:

We’re gonna act like

last yeR didn’t happen? All the playoff chokes. F outta here. Dak needs to prove it first. He’s bottom 12. Jordan love about to come in and outplay him. 

Trollworthy… lmao

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MaddHatter said:

Trollworthy… lmao

So in 2016 when they were the first seed!

2018 4th seed. 
2021 3rd seed.

2022 5t seed and now 

2nd seed. What the hell is the difference? Another year another choke joke. You tell me. They’ve been high, they’ve been low they’ve missed the playoffs like 3 years. 😂 what’s the difference between this cowgirls team to the others?? What magnificent play will Dak do this post season? Last time he ran the clock out! I just wanna know. 

4 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

So in 2016 when they were the first seed!

2018 4th seed. 
2021 3rd seed.

2022 5t seed and now 

2nd seed. What the hell is the difference? Another year another choke joke. You tell me. They’ve been high, they’ve been low they’ve missed the playoffs like 3 years. 😂 what’s the difference between this cowgirls team to the others?? What magnificent play will Dak do this post season? Last time he ran the clock out! I just wanna know. 

So you’ve got 20 QBs with better playoff numbers/success to justify Dak in your BOTTOM 12? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MaddHatter said:

So you’ve got 20 QBs with better playoff numbers/success to justify Dak in your BOTTOM 12? 

Dude doesn’t matter where I put him. He could be one for all I care. You want one? Dak is numba one. 

2 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

Dude doesn’t matter where I put him. He could be one for all I care. You want one? Dak is numba one. 

Put him wherever you want but don’t call him 20th and act like you ain’t trolling for reactions

Just now, MaddHatter said:

Put him wherever you want but don’t call him 20th and act like you ain’t trolling for reactions

No bro. He’s gonna choke again like he always does. Guys not a threat in the playoffs. Time and time again he’s shown it. 

On 10/10/2023 at 12:05 AM, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Been meaning to take a crack at this, finally have some time. These are not based on just 2023. The tiers represent a gap in quality, and QBs within a tier are guys whose rankings I'd expect to change within a season.

Adding a wrinkle to these rankings and that is a confidence level, where italics = not very confident, usually due to small sample size or age/injury. Normally wouldn't even bother rankings players with less than at least ~20 starts in the last 3 years, but the game here is to rank the 32 starters so I will play. 

I'll add that QB play in 2023 is the worst I've seen in awhile. Not long ago it was hard to make top 10 lists because there were 12+ good QBs and you didn't want to leave anyone out. Opposite problem these days. Starting with tier 3 you have QBs who can look pretty mediocre on any given Sunday.

Tier 1
1. Patrick Mahomes

Tier 2
2. Josh Allen
3. Justin Herbert
4. Joe Burrow
5. Matthew Stafford

Tier 3
6. Trevor Lawrence
7. Jalen Hurts
8. Kirk Cousins
9. Lamar Jackson
10. Tua Tagovailoa
11. Dak Prescott

Tier 4
12. Brock Purdy (the toughest QB to rank by far. What he's doing I firmly believe a solid ~15 or so QBs could do, however, A) no way to prove that and B) he has yet to give any real reason to doubt him besides lacking flashy physical abilities)
13. Jared Goff
14. Geno Smith
15. Sam Howell
16. Baker Mayfield
17. Russell Wilson
18. CJ Stroud

Tier 5
19. Deshaun Watson
20. Derek Carr
21. Ryan Tannehill
22. Josh Dobbs
23. Daniel Jones
24. Justin Fields

Tier 6
25. Jimmy G
26. Gardner Minshew
27. Mac Jones
28. Jordan Love
29. Kenny Pickett
30. Desmond Ridder
31. Bryce Young
32. Zach Wilson

Rankings at end of season. To reiterate, these are not based on just 2023. The tiers represent a gap in quality, and QBs within a tier are guys whose rankings I'd expect to stay within that tier over the next year (obviously some exceptions, especially with guys who've come out hot and still haven't played a ton)

Tier 1 (The Flacco tier)
1a. Joe Flacco
1b. Patrick Mahomes

Tier 2 (Expectation is great QB play)
2. Josh Allen
3. Justin Herbert
4. Joe Burrow
5. Matthew Stafford

Tier 3 (Capable of great QB play)
6. Lamar Jackson (+3)
7. Dak Prescott (+4) 
8. Brock Purdy (+4)
9. Jalen Hurts (-2)
10. Kirk Cousins (-2)
11. Tua Tagovailoa (-1)
12. Trevor Lawrence (-6)

Tier 4 (Capable of franchise QB play)
13. Jared Goff
14. Jordan Love (+14)
15. CJ Stroud (+3)

16. Baker Mayfield
17. Derek Carr (+3) - jumped Carr a tier, was too harsh on him 1st ranking.
18. Sam Howell (-3)
19. Geno Smith (-5)
20. Russell Wilson (-3)

Tier 5
21. Justin Fields
22. Devin Ridder
23. Gardner Minshew
24. Bryce Young

No other QBs worth ranking (not to say there aren't unranked guys who I'd rank higher than Bryce, although he's more an unproven than flat out bad QB in my eyes. Lot can change in a year for young QBs, for better or worse).

On 1/9/2024 at 5:34 PM, HerbertGOAT said:

Dak being in the "Lamar Allen Burrow" tier is laughable.

Yeah. One year of elite play doesn't get him in that tier. He needs to prove it for another year before he gets that blessing. It's another reason why I'd have Lamar below Allen. He was better this year, but not by much. Allen has been better since 2020. I want to see him outperform Allen for another year.

That being said, in Lamar's case- he had **** all to work with and a dumb OC- so him blowing up when they actually give him weapons and an OC that wants him to be a passer first- is merit to put him in the elite QB status. That, and he's shown he can be an elite QB in the past, though that was back in 2019. So, I'm in more of agreement putting him in with the Allen and Burrows of the world than Dak. But Dak has had a very, very good season. Another one like this year, and I'll have him top-5 for sure. 

55 minutes ago, WizeGuy said:

Yeah. One year of elite play doesn't get him in that tier. He needs to prove it for another year before he gets that blessing. It's another reason why I'd have Lamar below Allen. He was better this year, but not by much. Allen has been better since 2020. I want to see him outperform Allen for another year.

That being said, in Lamar's case- he had **** all to work with and a dumb OC- so him blowing up when they actually give him weapons and an OC that wants him to be a passer first- is merit to put him in the elite QB status. That, and he's shown he can be an elite QB in the past, though that was back in 2019. So, I'm in more of agreement putting him in with the Allen and Burrows of the world than Dak. But Dak has had a very, very good season. Another one like this year, and I'll have him top-5 for sure. 

So 2021 wasn’t equally good? 2019?

2023 - 69% 4500 36/9 105.9

2021 - 69% 4450 37/10 104.2

2019 - 65% 4900 30/11 99.7

Edited by MaddHatter
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, MaddHatter said:

So 2021 wasn’t equally good? 2019?

2023 - 69% 4500 36/9 105.9

2021 - 69% 4450 37/10 104.2

2019 - 65% 4900 30/11 99.7

You don’t add playoff performance? Who cares about the regular season. Legacies are made in the playoffs. Does that not factor into your rankings? Why are you pounding the table? Instead of watching him. Then you can come at everyone with a vengeance. But if he fails again then this is just sad. Jalen> Dak 

Lets get it. 

10 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

You don’t add playoff performance? Who cares about the regular season. Legacies are made in the playoffs. Does that not factor into your rankings? Why are you pounding the table? Instead of watching him. Then you can come at everyone with a vengeance. But if he fails again then this is just sad. Jalen> Dak 

Lets get it. 

That wasn’t the topic, the topic was he had only “one good year” which I disputed.  I’ve already shared his post season numbers of 280ypg 60+% and 3:1 TD:TO with a 92.3PSR (memory might be a tad off) which you dismissed - move along troll