Rank the 32 Starters at QB

Tank4Drake

1 hour ago, Trentwannabe said:

You'd have to ask the OP what his definition was of the conversation. My response was to the guy saying Allen was only in it for 2020. Being a finalist those other years IMO at least puts him "in the conversation".

1 hour ago, Soko said:

Again, is 9 in the conversation for being bigger than 10? I don’t really view it as a conversation if one guy is receiving 90%+ of the votes. I mean, 2021 he didn’t even receive any. 

Unless you mean like, in the conversation during midseason? Then I guess that makes sense. Like, Jalen Hurts was in the conversation last year…until he got hurt at the end. So I guess at one point he was in consideration, but not by the time actual voting started. Probably a dozen+ people you could include in any given season, in that sense. 

EDIT: FWIW, I do consider Allen to be the type of guy that could win it in any given year. Just questioning the history of contention, here. It’s not like he was ever close to winning it (again, by the time voting began). 

Meh. I don't really care to argue semantics of my wording. It's inconsequential to my point, and the debate will go in circles and lack substance.

Here's my point- Allen is consistently near the top of the league in QB play during the regular season, and he's a maniac in the playoffs. That's pretty much it, and I think him consistently being one of the top- QBs in the league during the regular season over the past 4 seasons + being an even better playoff performer has him #2 for me.  

• Like 2

On 1/10/2024 at 2:16 PM, Soggust said:

So where would we rank Lamar?

Playoff choker and we can't act like 21' didn't happen, right? (and 22' arguably with ~240typg lowest of his career) 

Not a top 10 QB until he proves it in the playoffs (despite a great year), but a step ahead of Dak? #11?

edit- owait you said bottom 12 so that would put Lamar like #18-19?

I took your souls in this thread. 

@Soggust @MaddHatter

I need my fake validation… I stood on business and never once backed down. 

On 1/10/2024 at 1:59 PM, El Ramster said:

We’re gonna act like

last yeR didn’t happen? All the playoff chokes. F outta here. Dak needs to prove it first. He’s bottom 12. Jordan love about to come in and outplay him. 

Wow I was so money.. Regular season merchants I tell ya. Just when you thought you were out, THEY PULL YOU BACK IN. 

I took heat. Yall can’t hit me the o shucks it happened. There’s so much proof it’s disgusting. KISS me Bebe.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, El Ramster said:

@Soggust @MaddHatter

Wow I was so money.. Regular season merchants I tell ya. Just when you thought you were out, THEY PULL YOU BACK IN. 

I took heat. Yall can’t hit me the o shucks it happened. There’s so much proof it’s disgusting. KISS me Bebe.

lol I actually think you proved yourself right 3 weeks ago. 

I know it sounds like I was hating on your logic, but actually I really don't care what anyone's logic is, I just like to make sure that they are applying their own logic equally across the board.

And you were.

Even 3 weeks ago, you were applying that same Dak choker label to Lamar, even as he was winning MVP. So I didn't even hate your logic then honestly, even if I don't care about playoff stats personally, because you were consistent across the board with it.

But I do want to give you credit still. Many people were calling Lamar redeemed after his game vs the Texans and you held firm that he would fail so consider this credit given!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, El Ramster said:

@Soggust @MaddHatter

2 hours ago, Soggust said:

lol I actually think you proved yourself right 3 weeks ago. 

I know it sounds like I was hating on your logic, but actually I really don't care what anyone's logic is, I just like to make sure that they are applying their own logic equally across the board.

And you were.

Even 3 weeks ago, you were applying that same Dak choker label to Lamar, even as he was winning MVP. So I didn't even hate your logic then honestly, even if I don't care about playoff stats personally, because you were consistent across the board with it.

But I do want to give you credit still. Many people were calling Lamar redeemed after his game vs the Texans and you held firm that he would fail so consider this credit given!

I just want to give you both credit for being able to debate things and keep a level head. That's rare on the internet now-a-days; even over something as trivial as QB rankings. 

Lamar is such an interesting case to me. He's always teetering between elite and franchise QB in my rankings. I thought he was going to pop off these playoffs, but credit to the Chiefs defense- they're nasty and were getting a lot of pressure from what I saw of the game, though Lamar did get caught holding the ball too long at times, but with his athletic ability- I suppose he assumes he can get away with it more. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

1. Mahomes 2. Allen 3. Stafford 4. Burrow 5. Herbert 6. Stroud 7. Love 8. Prescott 9. Hurts 10. Jackson 11. Carr 12. Murray 13. Russell Wilson 14. Rodgers* 15. Mayfield 16. Tagovailoa 17. Purdy 18. Cousins* 19. Geno Smith 20. Lawrence 21. Goff 22. Will Levis 23. Anthony Richardson 24. Deshaun Watson 25. Justin Fields 26. Gardner Minshew 27. Bryce Young 28. Jake Browning 29. Aiden O’Connell 30. Jacoby Brissett 31. Jaren Hall 32. Tyler Huntley

HM: Flacco, Tyrod Taylor, Pickett, Mason Rudolph, Andy Dalton, Howell, Dobbs, Ridder, Tannehill, Mac Jones

Rookies: Caleb Williams, Maye, Daniels, Rattler, McCarthy, Penix, Joe Milton, Bo Nix, Hartman.

On 2/12/2024 at 1:52 PM, HerbertGOAT said:

Final update until next season.

1. Mahomes

2. Allen

3. Lamar

4. Burrow

5. Herbert

6. Stroud

7. Purdy

8. Dak

9. Love

10. Stafford

HM: Tua, Cousins, Hurts, Lawrence 

Like this list a lot tbh.  Think Love may too high but other than that I like it

• Like 1

23 hours ago, bigbadbuff said:

Like this list a lot tbh.  Think Love may too high but other than that I like it

boy just used mine as a template and swapped lamar with stafford essentially and booted hurts just outside the top 10 for ice cream flavor of the month Purdy. WHERE’S MY FOOTBALL.

Edited by DoleINGout

1. Mahomes

2. Allen

3. Burrow

4. Herbert

5. Jackson

6. Purdy

7. Rodgers

8. Stroud

9. Cousins

10. Hurts

11. Stafford