Rank the 32 Starters at QB

Tank4Drake

32 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:
2 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

2020 Lamar was 22nd in passer rating. 2021 he was 25th, 2022 he was 27th, this year he is 14th.

Ummm he is 7th with a 101.0 passer rating this year. I'll always count on you barge in and spread disinformation, though. 

Yep, I don't know how I screwed that one up. I got him confused with Fields? I dunno.

Anyway, you can see why 22nd, 25th, 27th and 7th would keep him out of the top 5. I know passing isn't his strength but it is a big factor overall.

Lamar was top 5 in 2019 though. He was a different animal. There is tape on him now which is why his first full season of starting will likely be his career year. His only 3k passing year thus far, though he may reach it this year if he stays healthy. On pace for less than 20 passing TDs though.

4 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Yep, I don't know how I screwed that one up. I got him confused with Fields? I dunno.

Anyway, you can see why 22nd, 25th, 27th and 7th would keep him out of the top 5. I know passing isn't his strength but it is a big factor overall.

Lamar was top 5 in 2019 though. He was a different animal. There is tape on him now which is why his first full season of starting will likely be his career year. His only 3k passing year thus far, though he may reach it this year if he stays healthy. On pace for less than 20 passing TDs though.

Lamar was 11th in passer rating (7th in QBR) in 2020, not 22nd. 

It's funny how all your innocent mistakes continually paint Lamar as worse than he is in reality. Can you give me a good reason not to ignore you if you continually make errors that always happen to go to support your argument? At a certain point, I think this is not a coincidence. Either you are a disingenuous poster or just not that bright. 

And it's not even a nitpick. If you followed football and evaluated Lamar in 2020, you'd know his passing was very good that year. If you mistakenly write down "Lamar was 22nd in passer rating in 2020," you need to think, was Lamar one of the worst passing QBs that year? Let's see, he had 26 TDs and 9 INTs, with 64.4%. That's pretty good..." 

You see, it just takes a modicum of intelligence to check the numbers you put out. But it doesn't seem like you follow the league or Lamar Jackson's career enough to notice when you make blatantly inaccurate claims. Weak stuff. 

8 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

Lamar was 11th in passer rating (7th in QBR) in 2020, not 22nd. 

It's funny how all your innocent mistakes continually paint Lamar as worse than he is in reality. Can you give me a good reason not to ignore you if you continually make errors that always happen to go to support your argument? At a certain point, I think this is not a coincidence. Either you are a disingenuous poster or just not that bright. 

And it's not even a nitpick. If you followed football and evaluated Lamar in 2020, you'd know his passing was very good that year. If you mistakenly write down "Lamar was 22nd in passer rating in 2020," you need to think, was Lamar one of the worst passing QBs that year? Let's see, he had 26 TDs and 9 INTs, with 64.4%. That's pretty good..." 

You see, it just takes a modicum of intelligence to check the numbers you put out. But it doesn't seem like you follow the league or Lamar Jackson's career enough to notice when you make blatantly inaccurate claims. Weak stuff. 

So I made a mistake, the point still stands.

I can also debate without making it about the other person which should tell you plenty if you know anything about debating.

When sorting stats it didn't keep the highlighted rating it went to yards passing. So he was 11th, 23rd, 17th and 7th so far this year. You believe he should be in the top 5?

2 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

So I made a mistake, the point still stands.

I can also debate without making it about the other person which should tell you plenty if you know anything about debating.

When sorting stats it didn't keep the highlighted rating it went to yards passing. So he was 11th, 23rd, 17th and 7th so far this year. You believe he should be in the top 5?

I'm not even bothering to argue whether Lamar deserves to be top 5. Just that there are people out there who are not Ravens fans who do have Lamar in their top-5 QBs. You are free to disagree with whether he deserves to be top-5. 

7 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

I'm not even bothering to argue whether Lamar deserves to be top 5. Just that there are people out there who are not Ravens fans who do have Lamar in their top-5 QBs. You are free to disagree with whether he deserves to be top-5. 

There really isn't a debate where he could be top 5 over the last few seasons. Someone could expect him to turn it up and put him in their top 5 on what he could potentially do, but really you could do that for any QB.

Top 5 isn't even prestigious right now.

1 hour ago, Thomas5737 said:

There really isn't a debate where he could be top 5 over the last few seasons. Someone could expect him to turn it up and put him in their top 5 on what he could potentially do, but really you could do that for any QB.

Top 5 isn't even prestigious right now.

Noted. 

On 11/2/2023 at 5:16 PM, Thomas5737 said:

Damn man. Crazy that it’s been about ~5 years of Lamar hate from you after the previous ~10 of calling Joe Flacco an overrated mediocre quarterback. Curious where you rank Harbaugh  among NFL coaches past and present considering since 2008 when he took over, the Ravens have the 5th best win % in the league and are tied for the 3rd most playoff wins in that span. You must have him ranked pretty high considering he’s achieved that amount of success with 2 QBs you’ve consistently derided for the past decade + on this forum. I’ll hang up and listen 

1 hour ago, Ray Reed said:

Damn man. Crazy that it’s been about ~5 years of Lamar hate from you after the previous ~10 of calling Joe Flacco an overrated mediocre quarterback. Curious where you rank Harbaugh  among NFL coaches past and present considering since 2008 when he took over, the Ravens have the 5th best win % in the league and are tied for the 3rd most playoff wins in that span. You must have him ranked pretty high considering he’s achieved that amount of success with 2 QBs you’ve consistently derided for the past decade + on this forum. I’ll hang up and listen 

Flacco was mediocre or at least hot and cold. Lamar has been mediocre for a couple years after a great and good season. We'll see how he finishes this season.

As far as Harbaugh, well, maybe Jim learned his ways from John.

At midseason

**Mahomes Tier**
1. Patrick Mahomes
**Elite Tier**
2. Joe Burrow
3. Josh Allen
4. Lamar Jackson
5. Jalen Hurts
6. Tua Tagovailoa
7. Justin Herbert
(Aaron Rodgers)
**Above Average Tier**
(Kirk Cousins)
8. Jared Goff
9. Trevor Lawrence
10. CJ Stroud
11. Brock Purdy
12. Dak Prescott
13. Geno Smith
14. Kyler Murray
15. Russell Wilson
16. Derek Carr
**Below Average Tier**
17. Matthew Stafford
18. Baker Mayfield
19. Sam Howell
20. Will Levis
(Anthony Richardson)
21. Gardner Minshew
22. Joshua Dobbs
23. Taylor Heinicke
(Tyrod Taylor)
24. Kenny Pickett
**Bad Tier**
(Justin Fields)
25. Deshaun Watson
26. Mac Jones
27. Jordan Love
28. Bryce Young
29. Zach Wilson
(Desmond Ridder)
(Jimmy Garoppolo)
(Ryan Tannehill)
(Daniel Jones)
** Backup Tier**
30. Aidan O'Connell
31. Tyson Bagent
(PJ Walker)
32. Tommy DeVito

7 hours ago, jonnguy2015 said:

At midseason

**Mahomes Tier**
1. Patrick Mahomes
**Elite Tier**
2. Joe Burrow
3. Josh Allen
4. Lamar Jackson
5. Jalen Hurts
6. Tua Tagovailoa
7. Justin Herbert
(Aaron Rodgers)
**Above Average Tier**
(Kirk Cousins)
8. Jared Goff
9. Trevor Lawrence
10. CJ Stroud
11. Brock Purdy
12. Dak Prescott
13. Geno Smith
14. Kyler Murray
15. Russell Wilson
16. Derek Carr
**Below Average Tier**
17. Matthew Stafford
18. Baker Mayfield
19. Sam Howell
20. Will Levis
(Anthony Richardson)
21. Gardner Minshew
22. Joshua Dobbs
23. Taylor Heinicke
(Tyrod Taylor)
24. Kenny Pickett
**Bad Tier**
(Justin Fields)
25. Deshaun Watson
26. Mac Jones
27. Jordan Love
28. Bryce Young
29. Zach Wilson
(Desmond Ridder)
(Jimmy Garoppolo)
(Ryan Tannehill)
(Daniel Jones)
** Backup Tier**
30. Aidan O'Connell
31. Tyson Bagent
(PJ Walker)
32. Tommy DeVito

Not bad at all. I do think Sam should move up a tier (being a homer here) and Geno and Derek should move down a tier. I'd also put Kirk in the elite category based on how he was playing this season

On 11/6/2023 at 11:56 PM, jonnguy2015 said:

At midseason

**Mahomes Tier**
1. Patrick Mahomes
**Elite Tier**
2. Joe Burrow
3. Josh Allen
4. Lamar Jackson
5. Jalen Hurts
6. Tua Tagovailoa
7. Justin Herbert
(Aaron Rodgers)
**Above Average Tier**
(Kirk Cousins)
8. Jared Goff
9. Trevor Lawrence
10. CJ Stroud
11. Brock Purdy
12. Dak Prescott
13. Geno Smith
14. Kyler Murray
15. Russell Wilson
16. Derek Carr
**Below Average Tier**
17. Matthew Stafford
18. Baker Mayfield
19. Sam Howell
20. Will Levis
(Anthony Richardson)
21. Gardner Minshew
22. Joshua Dobbs
23. Taylor Heinicke
(Tyrod Taylor)
24. Kenny Pickett
**Bad Tier**
(Justin Fields)
25. Deshaun Watson
26. Mac Jones
27. Jordan Love
28. Bryce Young
29. Zach Wilson
(Desmond Ridder)
(Jimmy Garoppolo)
(Ryan Tannehill)
(Daniel Jones)
** Backup Tier**
30. Aidan O'Connell
31. Tyson Bagent
(PJ Walker)
32. Tommy DeVito

pickett is pretty firmly in the bad tier for me, and just personally i don't bother ranking the rookies, but otherwise i'm more or less in agreement with this list

On 10/27/2023 at 12:56 PM, SteelKing728 said:

1. Mahomes

2. Hurts

3. Tagovailoa

4. Burrow

5. Allen

6. Herbert

7. Lawrence

8. Cousins

9. Purdy

10. Goff

11. Jackson

12. Smith

13. Prescott

14. Stroud

15. Stafford

16. Carr

17. Wilson

18. Mayfield

19. Watson

20. Garrapollo

21. Ridder

22. Pickett

23. Minshew

24. Howell

25. Young

26. M. Jones

27. Love

28. D. Jones

29. Dobbs

30. Bagent

31. Wilson

32. Levis

Saving this post for end of the season reevaluations.