Rank the 32 Starters at QB

Tank4Drake

1 hour ago, 43M said:

Lamar is a great regular season QB and has been really good this year.   Definitely top 5.   Maybe top 3.     He should have had an elite day vs the Steelers.   Instead his receivers were absolute garbage (as Ravens WRs tend to be) and absolutely let him down and were the main reason they lost that game....but people will still act like thats on Lamar.

The problem is when the games really start to matter later in the season and into the playoffs.   I have yet to see a pivotal game where Lamar dominates the way he does when there isnt much on the line.  

Lamar is 14-3 with 28 TDs and 5 INTs in regular season games in December and January with a 103 passer rating.

Lamar's first two playoff losses came at his age 21 and 22 seasons, when most QBs haven't even entered the NFL. The demand that a QB be instantly dominant in the playoffs seems to be only applied to Lamar Jackson and no other QBs (considering Lamar was the youngest QB to ever start a playoff game).  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, The BILLievers said:

Please never have Nick Wrights opinion to mean anything lol he's a clown.

I'm not praising or criticizing him, just using him to demonstrate that it is fairly common in NFL media to have Lamar ranked in the top 5 QBs, which according to Mox, virtually nobody outside of Ravens fans do. 

42 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

I'm not praising or criticizing him, just using him to demonstrate that it is fairly common in NFL media to have Lamar ranked in the top 5 QBs, which according to Mox, virtually nobody outside of Ravens fans do. 

Yeah I don't think it's crazy at all.

I'd go Mahomes, Allen, Burrow then you can make an argument for Lamar/Hurts/Tua/Herbert in any order for spots 4, 5, 6 and 7.

4 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Looks like virtually everybody doesn't watch football, then if you think Lamar isn't better than whoever you're putting above him besides Mahomes/Allen/Burrow.

You were one of Lamars critics just recently. A handful of games puts him in the Top 5? I like Lamar. He's 7 for me. Which is really good. 

1 hour ago, AngusMcFife said:

The "for clicks" media is a whole other ball game. 

1 hour ago, AngusMcFife said:

Lamar is 14-3 with 28 TDs and 5 INTs in regular season games in December and January with a 103 passer rating.

Lamar's first two playoff losses came at his age 21 and 22 seasons, when most QBs haven't even entered the NFL. The demand that a QB be instantly dominant in the playoffs seems to be only applied to Lamar Jackson and no other QBs (considering Lamar was the youngest QB to ever start a playoff game).  

I think it’s applied to any league mvp with 13 pro bowl teammates like Lamar had in 2019

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

I think it’s applied to any league mvp with 13 pro bowl teammates like Lamar had in 2019

Man, you are still going back to this talking point? Pro-bowlers? 

Since there hasn't been a 22 year-old MVP since Jim Brown, it's kinda hard to demonstrate that standard since it's never happened since 1958. FYI Browns were 0-2 in the playoffs in Jim Brown's first 2 MVP seasons at ages 21 and 22, just like Lamar coincidently.   

7 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

Man, you are still going back to this talking point? Pro-bowlers? 

Since there hasn't been a 22 year-old MVP since Jim Brown, it's kinda hard to demonstrate that standard since it's never happened since 1958. FYI Browns were 0-2 in the playoffs in Jim Brown's first 2 MVP seasons at ages 21 and 22, just like Lamar coincidently.   

Yeah That Ravens team was loaded. Dominant defense, offensive line,  and special teams 

18 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

Media is generally representative of fan opinion. Someone like Nick Wright wouldn't move Lamar up from 11 to 2 unless he was getting serious blowback for having an outlier opinion. 

That's a fundamental misunderstanding of who Nick Wright is.

2 hours ago, AngusMcFife said:

That's not true. People are already calling Herbert a fraud. People think the Bills window is closed already.

As for other QBs, they've just simply found success already like Mahomes, Burrow and Hurts.

2 hours ago, AngusMcFife said:

Ok...he is 26 now.    He has choked in numerous high profile situations.     

You can sugarcoat it all you want, but you "conveniently" left out the fact that he is 1-3 in the playoffs with 4 TDs, 7 turnovers and has a sub 70 QB rating. 

Im not even trying to bash Lamar.   Maybe he will turn it around...but if you were even remotely capable if being objective, you could at least admit that he has left alot to be desired when it comes to those types of situations.

Again, Lamar's story is far from over.   He could become a legendary playoff performer going forward.   But at this point, he is like the anti-Joe Flacco, who was mediocre most of the time but money in big games.

15 minutes ago, 43M said:

Ok...he is 26 now.    He has choked in numerous high profile situations.     

You can sugarcoat it all you want, but you "conveniently" left out the fact that he is 1-3 in the playoffs with 4 TDs, 7 turnovers and has a sub 70 QB rating. 

Im not even trying to bash Lamar.   Maybe he will turn it around...but if you were even remotely capable if being objective, you could at least admit that he has left alot to be desired when it comes to those types of situations.

I'm not conveniently leaving anything out. Lamar was 0-2 in his first two playoff appearances in his age 21 and 22 seasons, when virtually no QBs have much playoff success at all. 

At age 23 he was 1-1 in the playoffs, and was knocked out of the loss due to a concussion. 

Age 24 and 25 seasons he got injured and missed the playoffs. During those seasons he had plenty of clutch plays and comeback wins despite the team having collapsed around him due to injury. 

So I'm not really sure what the criticism is. He should have been a dominant playoff performer in his rookie year when he was the youngest QB to ever start a playoff game? I don't see that as having realistic expectations of what a young QB should have to accomplish. 

Again, Lamar's story is far from over.   He could become a legendary playoff performer going forward.   But at this point, he is like the anti-Joe Flacco, who was mediocre most of the time but money in big games.

Flacco won his first game going 9/23 for 135 yards and 0 TDs. 

The next year he won a playoff game in Foxboro vs. Brady and Belichick going 4/10 for 34 yards and 1 INT. 

Lamar could never perform so poorly in the playoffs and win because he is the centerpiece of the offense, while Flacco was a role player (although he went insane in the 2012 playoff run)