Mahomes Tier:
1. Patrick Mahomes

Elite:
2. Josh Allen(+1)
3. Justin Herbert(+1)
4. Tua Tagovailoa(-2)
5. Jalen Hurts
6. Lamar Jackson
7. Joe Burrow(I fully expect him to rise back up once he's healthy, but hard to rank him any higher right now when he's playing like one of the worst QBs in the league)

Good:
8. Kirk Cousins
9. Trevor Lawrence
10. Jared Goff
11. Dak Prescott
12. CJ Stroud(+3)
13. Geno Smith(-1)
14. Matthew Stafford(-1)
15. Brock Purdy(-1)

Mediocre:
16. Russell Wilson(+5)
17. Baker Mayfield(+3)
18. Jordan Love(-2)
19. Derek Carr(-2)
20. Joshua Dobbs(+2)
21. Jimmy Garoppolo(-3)
22. Mac Jones(-3)
23. Sam Howell(+4)
24. Anthony Richardson(+1)

Bad:
25. Deshaun Watson(+4)
26. Bryce Young(+3)
27. Ryan Tannehill(+3)
28. Daniel Jones(-5)
29. Kenny Pickett(-5)
30. Desmond Ridder(-4)

Terrible:
31. Justin Fields
32. Zach Wilson

How does Purdy drop after the weekend?

On 10/2/2023 at 11:28 PM, stl4life07 said:

The Rams would’ve still won. That lost was more on Kyle bc they didn’t gain a positive yard on offense for the last 10 minutes of the game. Plus if you bring up the Tartt drop please bring up the Ramsey pick 6 drop that came after the Tartt drop. Which nobody brings up makes me think either nobody cares about the Ramsey drop or people don’t remember he dropped a pick 6 late in the 4th quarter.

But yeah every QB throws int or near int or near fumbles or even fumbles. It’s just QBs like Stafford people run to mention his turnovers or almost turnovers. Nobody talks about the almost turnovers Brady made or Mahomes made in the playoffs. It happens. 

Nobody talks about the Ramsey drop because nobody is rating Jimmy G highly.

1 hour ago, Melbourne 9er said:

Nobody talks about the Ramsey drop because nobody is rating Jimmy G highly.

It’s not about that. It’s about people act like Tartt drop was the ONLY big thing that happened in the 4th and had it not happened the Niners win. That’s not the case. Again the Niners offense didn’t gain a positive yard the last 10 minutes of the game. Ramsey dropped a pick 6 later on in the 4th quarter. So when people tell the story of the NFCCG between the Niners and Rams tell all of it. Don’t leave parts of it out. 

But again I say every QB turn the ball over or nearly turn the ball over. It’s just QBs like Stafford people make a bigger deal. That’s why in another thread I said Stafford is still the whipping boy in the NFL. He won’t be fully appreciated until many years after he retires bc what he does throwing the ball and just the guts playing through injury and leading comebacks getting beat to hell in game not many QBs are doing that these days. 

Edited by stl4life07

1) Mahomes (He's proven the most. Has one of the highest peaks, and is consistent as it gets. He'll have the greatest legacy when all is said and done, and while another QB may be able to match him talent wise over time- I doubt they'll ever touch his legacy. Reid deserves a ton of credit as well) 

2) Allen (if he finds consistency, which is possible, he's in Mahomes tier as far as talent goes. His peak is already at Mahomes tier (perhaps even higher), but needs to dampen those lows)

3) Burrow (injuries have derailed his season. He's still a savage when healthy until proven otherwise)

4) Herbert (I think he'd be in Burrow's spot if he were on the Bengals. The Chargers are just a tire fire. Herbert has everything you want in a QB. Unfortunately, he's in an incompetent franchise.)

Those are the 4 best QBs in the league, imo. I believe a lot of the other QBs who may be better 'statistically' are more system-based success. The next tier can go in any order. 

5) Hurts (This was tough, but Hurts has proven a lot even if he is in a stellar situation in Philly. He's a better athlete than Tua and has a better arm than Lamar, so I put him slightly above them, though they're interchangeable)

6) Lamar (My man hasn't had anything close to what Tua and Hurts have had as far as coaching and personnel. He's a beast, though. If there's one QB that can jump into that elite tier...it's him)

7) Tua (He gets a bit overrated 'round these parts, but he's still a damn good QB. Quick release, accurate, good pocket presence...but McDaniel makes his life easy. Lots of 1st read throws with YAC. It's why they're the top team in the league in getting the ball out quickly. His issue is he can't extend plays and improvise well enough to be in that elite tier. He also struggles against the good teams of the league while dominating the trash teams in the league, which I think his coach deserves a lot of credit for)

8 ) Lawrence (Ok. I lied. Lawrence is another QB that can make that jump to elite status. He has everything you want in a QB: strong arm, can extend plays with his legs, improvises well enough. He just needs to put it all together, and some of that is on coaching, though it is much better than the Urban Meyer show)

9) Cousins 

10) Goff

1 hour ago, WizeGuy said:

5) Hurts (This was tough, but Hurts has proven a lot even if he is in a stellar situation in Philly. He's a better athlete than Tua and has a better arm than Lamar, so I put him slightly above them, though they're interchangeable)

Maybe Lamar in 2019, but I'd say Lamar in 2023 has a better arm than Hurts. Maybe others will disagree. Lamar refines his mechanics every offseason and it shows. 

On 10/3/2023 at 7:33 AM, Danger said:

1. Mahomes
Patrick Mahomes

2. Elite
Josh Allen
Joe Burrow (Healthy)

3. Rock Solid Franchise QB
Justin Herbert
LaMar Jackson
Jalen Hurts
Trevor Lawrence (on the rise)
Tua Tagovailoa (Healthy)

4. Good Starting QB
Kirk Cousins
Dak Prescott
Russell Wilson
Jared Goff
Brock Purdy (on the rise)
CJ Stroud (on the rise)
Geno Smith

5. Journeyman/Serviceable 
Baker Mayfield
Mac Jones
Ryan Tannehill
Derek Carr
Jimmy Garroppolo
DeShaun Watson
Kyler Murray

6. Flat out not good
Matthew Stafford* (washed)
Zach Wilson
Justin Fields
Kenny Pickett
Desmond Ridder

X. Too Soon
Sam Howell
Anthony Richardson
Bryce Young
Jordan Love

With all due respect you saying Stafford is flat out not good and washed is a horrible take.

Stafford playing at a very high level this season is the reason why the Rams are one of the surprises of the league. The Rams have the 4th ranked offense and scoring at a high rate despite never starting a drive in their opponents territory all season. Stafford is 2nd in the league in passing yards. He leads the NFL in big time throws and is tied for the least int worthy passes with 3. Which is why people shouldnt read into the stats of 5 ints. Only one and you can argue two of those 5 ints is his fault. And Ill lean more into it, Dobbs has 8  int worthy passes and he has no ints. Mac Jones leads the NFL with 14 int worthy passes and has 4 ints which is one less than Stafford. So it goes back to the eye test.

In short, if anyone cant see this season how well Stafford is playing then I cant help you. But I get it. Some people looked at how bad last season was and then leaned heavily into in the offseason and 4 games into this season isnt going to move from things. But I think its a joke to put Stafford in the same conversation as Wilson, Fields, Pickett, and Ridder. But if this is how a washed Stafford look so far in 4 weeks then he is definitely a 1st ballot HOF'er bc Ive seen really washed QBs look like they barely can make it let alone doing what Stafford is doing right now. 

For the record I cant take any QB rankings seriously if the list doesnt start with these 11 QBs. After that I dont care how you rank the other QBs but if these names dont appear first on the list then again I cant take your list seriously with all due respect. 

Mahomes

Allen

Burrow

Herbert

Jackson

Stafford

Hurts

Goff

Lawrence

Tua

Carr

5 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

For the record I cant take any QB rankings seriously if the list doesnt start with these 11 QBs. After that I dont care how you rank the other QBs but if these names dont appear first on the list then again I cant take your list seriously with all due respect. 

Mahomes

Allen

Burrow

Herbert

Jackson

Stafford

Hurts

Goff

Lawrence

Tua

Carr

Stafford may have been a top 10 QB after the Super Bowl, but after last season I would easily take Hurts, Tua, Lawrence, Goff, and a few other guys over him right now, though I would agree ranking him near the bottom of the league is also very wrong. And Carr? No way, I wouldn't even rank him in the top half of QBs, let alone 11th

Edited by jonnguy2015

7 minutes ago, jonnguy2015 said:

Stafford may have been a top 10 QB after the Super Bowl, but after last season I would easily take Hurts, Tua, Lawrence, Goff, and a few other guys over him right now, though I would agree ranking him near the bottom of the league is also very wrong. And Carr? No way, I wouldn't even rank him in the top half of QBs, let alone 11th

Here is the thing with Stafford. Yes we know last season was a disaster. It was a lost season. Wasnt due to his skills dropping off. Wasnt due to old age. It was due to injuries. Not just to him but to practically the entire team. So I feel like nobody should hold that against him especially since we see him healthy now and looking great. And Ive been consistent during the offseason without even knowing that Puka was going to be this amazing. I said Stafford was the best QB in the NFC. And if you want to say Hurts then ok but Stafford is still the 2nd best. 

As for Carr, I think he is vastly underrated. The QB position is the most important position for a reason. It should be the plus multiplier. When Carr was with the Raiders we knew how dysfunctional it was. Players getting kicked off the team and/or arrested, coaches getting fired, bad draft after bad draft, the list goes on. Yet Carr carried that team to the playoffs and had the Raiders close to beating the eventual AFC champs the Bengals in the playoff game. Carr comes to the Saints and when healthy had the Saints up 17-0 on the road at Green Bay. The second he got hurt of course the Saints collapsed. Carr shouldnt have even played last week against the Bucs. I put him in the same category as Burrow this season in that they shouldnt be playing right now. But a healthy Carr is a top 11 QB.

28 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Mahomes

Allen

Burrow

Herbert

Jackson

Stafford

Hurts

Goff

Lawrence

Tua

Carr

I'm not sure how you have Carr in there but other than that, I think this is a fine list and may look pretty close to my top 11 (order may vary, of course). 

9 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'm not sure how you have Carr in there but other than that, I think this is a fine list and may look pretty close to my top 11 (order may vary, of course). 

Who would you put above Carr right now? Like Im not saying Carr is definitely above other QBs so it can be argued imo other QBs but I just think that if I had to choose right now Id take Carr over guys like Dak, Cousins, and I want to see more from Purdy. Other QBs like Stroud same thing I have to see more.

4 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Who would you put above Carr right now? Like Im not saying Carr is definitely above other QBs so it can be argued imo other QBs but I just think that if I had to choose right now Id take Carr over guys like Dak, Cousins, and I want to see more from Purdy. Other QBs like Stroud same thing I have to see more.

I don't think Carr is very good right now at all. Even pre- AC joint . I think he was also pretty poor  last year, and I've been a big supporter in the past. I think something has just changed with him. 

I'd put Cousins over him for sure. Rodgers if we are counting him (yeah, he's not what he was, but I think that he's still over Carr. I just think that there's this 10% of the time where Rodgers pulls something great out that Carr can't). I think I would have Dak over him.  Watson would be a wildcard. Obviously what he has done since joining Cleveland hasn't been good at all, but at 28 years old I really can't believe that he's just fallen off a cliff and the guy we saw in Cleveland isn't there any more. I think you can make a strong case for Geno Smith as well, to be honest and though I'm not a Kyler fan, I think he can take over a game in a way that Carr just can't. For me, Carr is probably closer than 15-16 than #11, but at the same time, I think it's fairly reasonable to say something like #13 - #18 are all kind of the same dude anyway. 

55 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Mahomes

Allen

Burrow

Herbert

Jackson

Stafford

Hurts

Goff

Lawrence

Tua

Carr

Stafford and Carr in the top 11 is hilarious