Rank the 32 Starters at QB

Tank4Drake

Again the disrespect for Stafford. He is an elite QB. Say it with me... STAFFORD IS AN ELITE QB!!!

Now I dont know how you all judge QBs but Stafford is definitely getting judged wrong especially compared to others. Stafford has the arm talent just like those who you put up there as elite. He is still slicing up defenses. He leads the NFL in big time throws this season. He is making guys that most people either didnt know or have long written off look great. Puka and Tutu are both top 15 in receiving yards. Puka already broke historical records. Stafford dont have Hill or Waddle like Tua. He dont have Diggs like Allen. He dont have Allen like Herbert. He dont have Kelce like Mahomes. He dont have Smith and Brown like Hurts. We know how deadly Stafford and Kupp is. Kupp has yet to play a single snap this season.

People constantly point at Stafford age. Yes he is 35yrs old but he dont look it this season so that is irrelevant this season. It would be something if he looked like he was washed this season then yes you can say he is no longer elite due to the eye test. The eye test right now says Stafford is still elite.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stl4life07 said:

Again the disrespect for Stafford. He is an elite QB. Say it with me... STAFFORD IS AN ELITE QB!!!

Now I dont know how you all judge QBs but Stafford is definitely getting judged wrong especially compared to others. Stafford has the arm talent just like those who you put up there as elite. He is still slicing up defenses. He leads the NFL in big time throws this season. He is making guys that most people either didnt know or have long written off look great. Puka and Tutu are both top 15 in receiving yards. Puka already broke historical records. Stafford dont have Hill or Waddle like Tua. He dont have Diggs like Allen. He dont have Allen like Herbert. He dont have Kelce like Mahomes. He dont have Smith and Brown like Hurts. We know how deadly Stafford and Kupp is. Kupp has yet to play a single snap this season.

People constantly point at Stafford age. Yes he is 35yrs old but he dont look it this season so that is irrelevant this season. It would be something if he looked like he was washed this season then yes you can say he is no longer elite due to the eye test. The eye test right now says Stafford is still elite.

He's already thrown four picks to two TDs this season

Edited by jonnguy2015
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, jonnguy2015 said:

He's already thrown four picks to two TDs this season

How many of those picks was his fault? One pick wasn’t even a pick. The refs called it but didn’t have clear evidence to reverse but it wasn’t a pick. So technically one you can argue was his fault. 

5 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

How many of those picks was his fault? One pick wasn’t even a pick. The refs called it but didn’t have clear evidence to reverse but it wasn’t a pick. So technically one you can argue was his fault. 

We can play this game with dozens of picks every year. How many passes has Stafford thrown that should have been picks but were dropped by the defender or bailed out by the receiver?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Since the SB: 12 G, 12 TDs, 12 INTs

Obviously not all on him but that ain't it. Guy has never had the consistency to move up to elite status. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jameson_Neat said:

Since the SB: 12 G, 12 TDs, 12 INTs

Obviously not all on him but that ain't it. Guy has never had the consistency to move up to elite status. 

He is elite. The eye test. We are in awe how amazing Puka look. Kupp had his best season with Stafford. Megatron had his best season with Stafford. Stafford had people confused thinking Golladay was a very good receiver by the way he made him look. You don’t make receivers look that or have historical seasons if you aren’t elite caliber.

And yes every QB has their flaws. Stafford is a gunslinger. The Rams literally wouldn’t have won the Superbowl if Stafford wasn’t. Led the NFL in ints but had the greatest 4th quarter season in I think NFL history and had three 4th quarter comebacks in the playoffs to win the Superbowl in his very first season with the Rams with all the pressure in the world bc the spotlight was on him. So yes again he is elite.

33 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

He is elite. The eye test. We are in awe how amazing Puka look. Kupp had his best season with Stafford. Megatron had his best season with Stafford. Stafford had people confused thinking Golladay was a very good receiver by the way he made him look. You don’t make receivers look that or have historical seasons if you aren’t elite caliber.

And yes every QB has their flaws. Stafford is a gunslinger. The Rams literally wouldn’t have won the Superbowl if Stafford wasn’t. Led the NFL in ints but had the greatest 4th quarter season in I think NFL history and had three 4th quarter comebacks in the playoffs to win the Superbowl in his very first season with the Rams with all the pressure in the world bc the spotlight was on him. So yes again he is elite.

During his first year with the Rams, I’d rank him 8 or 9. But coming into this year, I’d say 12-13. And with his first 3 games, I’d say 14-15. 

You have to keep performing to be ranked high…. 

22 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

During his first year with the Rams, I’d rank him 8 or 9. But coming into this year, I’d say 12-13. And with his first 3 games, I’d say 14-15. 

You have to keep performing to be ranked high…. 

Stafford has been floating around the 6-18 range his entire career. No different than most of the second tier QBs. Some thought he'd stay closer to 6 and possibly move into that elite tier after the SB but he's just not that guy. 

• Like 1

+ MVP Tier
1. Patrick Mahomes
2. Tua Tagovailoa
+ Elite Tier
3. Josh Allen
4. Lamar Jackson
5. Justin Herbert
+ Good Tier
6. Trevor Lawrence
7. Jared Goff
8. Matthew Stafford
9. Kirk Cousins
+ Consistent Winner Tier
10. Brock Purdy
+ NFL QBs Tier
11. CJ Stroud
12. Jalen Hurts (obviously moves up when not sick [3-6 is normal range])
13. Joe Burrow (obviously moves up when leg isn't hurt [2-5 is normal range])
14. Geno Smith
15. Russell Wilson
16. Baker Mayfield
17. Dak Prescott
18. Deshaun Watson
19. Jordan Love
20. Derek Carr
21. Anthony Richardson
22. Mac Jones
23. Jimmy Garroppolo
24. Daniel Jones
+ Back Ups/Developmentals/Replace ASAP Tier