Rank the 32 Starters at QB

Tank4Drake

23 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Who would you put above Carr right now? Like Im not saying Carr is definitely above other QBs so it can be argued imo other QBs but I just think that if I had to choose right now Id take Carr over guys like Dak, Cousins, and I want to see more from Purdy. Other QBs like Stroud same thing I have to see more.

In addition to the ten you mentioned, I would pretty easily take all four of those guys over Carr, as well as Geno.

Edited by jonnguy2015

34 minutes ago, Forge said:

I don't think Carr is very good right now at all. Even pre- AC joint . I think he was also pretty poor  last year, and I've been a big supporter in the past. I think something has just changed with him. 

I'd put Cousins over him for sure. Rodgers if we are counting him (yeah, he's not what he was, but I think that he's still over Carr. I just think that there's this 10% of the time where Rodgers pulls something great out that Carr can't). I think I would have Dak over him.  Watson would be a wildcard. Obviously what he has done since joining Cleveland hasn't been good at all, but at 28 years old I really can't believe that he's just fallen off a cliff and the guy we saw in Cleveland isn't there any more. I think you can make a strong case for Geno Smith as well, to be honest and though I'm not a Kyler fan, I think he can take over a game in a way that Carr just can't. For me, Carr is probably closer than 15-16 than #11, but at the same time, I think it's fairly reasonable to say something like #13 - #18 are all kind of the same dude anyway. 

You know I forgot about ARod lol yeah ARod over Carr lol. Until I see how ARod looks I won’t take him out of the top 11. Again I just forgot about him. I’ll still say Carr is top 12. Now Talent wise I like Murray but I still need to see more. He starts off great but then fades away in the end. Watson seems to not have it like he did in Houston. Geno is making a case I agree. And I can’t back Cousins bc if I need a win to save my life in a big spot I will bet on Carr over Cousins. Cousins is a great fantasy QB for sure.

40 minutes ago, Danger said:

Stafford and Carr in the top 11 is hilarious

Yeah you’ve planted your flag on Stafford being washed bc I’m assuming you still are looking at last season even though we are in Week 5 of this season with tonight’s game and Stafford is back relatively healthy leading the 4th ranked offense helping Puka, Tutu, and Kyren Williams look really good. I don’t know any washed QB that can do that but hey what do I know 🤷‍♂️ 

7 hours ago, Tugboat said:

I'm curious what the reasoning is, for most people pretty consistently ranking Herbert over Lawrence.  Aside from have a little bit more track record...what sets him a cut above?  And in quite a few cases, even a full "tier" above?

I'm curious how you can look at the "track record" of both these QBs and think they are comparable. Herbert has had 2 very good years and one good year that could partially be explained by injury, and Lawrence has had 1 bad year and 1 good year. Herbert's worst year is on part with Lawrence's best year. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Tugboat said:

I'm curious what the reasoning is, for most people pretty consistently ranking Herbert over Lawrence.  Aside from have a little bit more track record...what sets him a cut above?  And in quite a few cases, even a full "tier" above?

I can see Lawrence surpassing him, but Herbert has more of a track record. 

11 hours ago, Tugboat said:

Herbert has a better frame, better pocket presence, a stronger arm and more mobility. Lawrence is probably more accurate and has a better processing mind imo.

13 hours ago, Tugboat said:

Lawrence has been wildly inconsistent in his NFL career so far. Needs to fix that and he has Top 4-6 type of potential. 

strictly 2023 season thru 4 weeks...

1. Patrick Mahomes

2. Tua Tagovailoa

3. Matt Stafford

4. Justin Herbert

5. Josh Allen

6. Brock Purdy

7. Jalen Hurts

8. Dak Prescott

9. Lamar Jackson

10. Baker Mayfield

11. CJ Stroud

12. Russell Wilson

13. Jared Goff

14. Trevor Lawrence

15. Jordan Love

16. Derek Carr

17. Anthony Richardson

18. Bryce Young

19. Joe Burrow

20. Geno Smith

21. Josh Dobbs

22. Kirk Cousins

23. Mac Jones

24. Jimmy Garoppolo

25. DeShaun Watson

26. Justin Fields

27. Ryan Tannehill

28. Daniel Jones

29. Kenny Pickett

30. Sam Howell

31. Desmond Ridder

32. Zach Wilson

Edited by BrownLeader

12 minutes ago, BrownLeader said:

strictly 2023 season thru 4 weeks...

1. Patrick Mahomes

2. Tua Tagovailoa

3. Matt Stafford

4. Justin Herbert

5. Josh Allen

6. Brock Purdy

7. Jalen Hurts

8. Dak Prescott

9. Lamar Jackson

10. Baker Mayfield

11. CJ Stroud

12. Russell Wilson

13. Jared Goff

14. Trevor Lawrence

15. Jordan Love

16. Derek Carr

17. Anthony Richardson

18. Bryce Young

19. Joe Burrow

20. Geno Smith

21. Josh Dobbs

22. Kirk Cousins

23. Mac Jones

24. Jimmy Garoppolo

25. DeShaun Watson

26. Justin Fields

27. Ryan Tannehill

28. Daniel Jones

29. Kenny Pickett

30. Sam Howell

31. Desmond Ridder

32. Zach Wilson

Explain to me how Mahomes #1 so far in 2023 and Josh Allen is #5. I’ll hang up and listen. 

edit: Allen has more yards, TDs, completion %, qb rating, rushing TDs and rushing yards. 

Edited by The BILLievers

8 hours ago, The BILLievers said:

Explain to me how Mahomes #1 so far in 2023 and Josh Allen is #5. I’ll hang up and listen. 

edit: Allen has more yards, TDs, completion %, qb rating, rushing TDs and rushing yards. 

Essentially Mahomes is doing as much as Allen or arguably more, with much less.

10 hours ago, BrownLeader said:

Essentially Mahomes is doing as much as Allen or arguably more, with much less.

Alright so an incorrect, flawed and wrong reason. 

He is not doing as much as Allen, and def not more. With much less? Take out kelce and Diggs and I agree the bills skill positions are better but it’s not like they have another all pro or pro bowler on offense outside of Diggs. 

2 hours ago, The BILLievers said:

Alright so an incorrect, flawed and wrong reason. 

He is not doing as much as Allen, and def not more. With much less? Take out kelce and Diggs and I agree the bills skill positions are better but it’s not like they have another all pro or pro bowler on offense outside of Diggs. 

Josh Allen has a brother who is his best friend named Jason who has a degree in Agriculture Business and has supported him his entire career. He has two athletic sisters (one pro) and another who works for the freakin' Leukemia and Lymphoma society to help save people's lives. They all seem like wonderful people. 

Patrick Mahomes has an (alleged) sexual assaulting, clout-chasing, obnoxious and often disrespectful brother who constantly provides unnecessary distractions and criticism toward his family. Mahomes has single handedly had to shoulder that burden his entire career.

Pretty obvious Allen has had a much better situation to work with during his career.

Hate having to ruin my joke with /sarcasm but I'm afraid it won't be obvious enough to some readers lol.

Edited by Soggust
  • Like 2