GDT: Week 4 - Ya’ll are lame as hell. The Bill Belichicks @ The Semi-Elite Dak Prescotts

WizardHawk

1 minute ago, Dallas94Ware said:

Yeah. It's crazy when you think that some of the top coaches now aren't even the jock, hard nosed, former player types anymore. I mean, there's a few...Vrabel, Ryans in his first year, Dan Campbell ... but the majority of the new big time coaching hires are like....the nerds. The chess team guys.

Like Sean McVay and Mike McDaniels, Kyle Shannahan (grew up under his pops, but is still so new age). Even Sean Payton in a way, whatever brother that is in Green Bay now I always mix up their names. The guys in Indy and Arizona (and the last guy in Arizona)

It's all about the chess board. The outsmarting, the creative engineering, spreading the field and finding ways to work the handicaps of the new defensive rules to your advantage. Not just spreading the field to go vertical, but spreading it to cause more disadvantage for the defense. Getting passers who would never cut it in the old generation and having them be all pros in year one or year two because you spread the field and ask them to make two reads max. 

That out working, out hustling, two practices a day, putting on 25 pounds of muscle so you don't die as a rookie QB, needing to study complex reads for three years before even having a chance...that is all gone now isn't it.

Man I feel old.

And this game is over. I'm going to log off and watch from bed until I fall asleep.

If the game doesn't pass them by, the stress takes a huge toll.

Oh one last statement before I do log off.

If one of our starters gets hurt playing in a game that is clearly already won, I'm going to be pissed. I don't care about ladder stats, DPOY awards and pro bowls this year. We need to care about January and rings.

Sit Dak. Sit Micah. Sit Pollard. Give Tyron his rest. IDC if we go 3 and out the rest of the night. Escape this win healthy!

Edited by Dallas94Ware
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dallas94Ware said:

Oh one last statement before I do log off.

If one of our starters gets hurt playing in a game that is clearly already won, I'm going to be pissed. I don't care about ladder stats, DPOY awards and pro bowls this year. We need to care about January and rings.

Sit Dak. Sit Micah. Sit Pollard. Give Tyron his rest. IDC if we go 3 and out the rest of the night. Escape this win healthy!

I agree.

2 minutes ago, D82 said:

The play calling is just...so bad. 

I will say I had to get up and type this when I was already in bed - it was a nice wrinkle to see Turpin AND Vaughn out there on the same play. It seemed a little experimental, and creative.

But the stupidity was leaving both in the backfield to pick up the blitz. That was boneheaded.. 

But it's a wrinkle I would love to see more of. Speed, agility, versatility, both able to make a big play or be a decoy. That should already be something they've been practicing and planning.