GDT: Week 4 - Ya’ll are lame as hell. The Bill Belichicks @ The Semi-Elite Dak Prescotts

WizardHawk

Fantastic win to make up for last weeks horrible showing. We've now won 3 of our 4 games by an aggregate score of 108-13 lol. Feel better about losing last week, but I still have my doubts. Next week versus the 9ers I think will answer every single question we have about this team. Absolutely cannot wait.

7 hours ago, elevators_rule said:

Fantastic win to make up for last weeks horrible showing. We've now won 3 of our 4 games by an aggregate score of 108-13 lol. Feel better about losing last week, but I still have my doubts. Next week versus the 9ers I think will answer every single question we have about this team. Absolutely cannot wait.

I'm not getting excited. Expecting at least a TD loss. SF probably opened -4 or -6 (haven't checked), but I'd bet the 49ers, whatever the line is. 

Dallas will be @AFCS @SF/Philli @ SF/Philli in the playoffs, BEST case scenario. And this is really the year they have to do it before the window completely closes, and Parsons needs a megadeal. There is no way they are getting to the SB without winning the division. 

33 minutes ago, WheatieMan said:

I'm not getting excited. Expecting at least a TD loss. SF probably opened -4 or -6 (haven't checked), but I'd bet the 49ers, whatever the line is. 

Dallas will be @AFCS @SF/Philli @ SF/Philli in the playoffs, BEST case scenario. And this is really the year they have to do it before the window completely closes, and Parsons needs a megadeal. There is no way they are getting to the SB without winning the division. 

San Fran  opened -3.5 when I saw the initials last night 

5 hours ago, WheatieMan said:

Who pissed in your Wheaties, man?

We’re 3-1, with a +83 point differential. We lead the league in fewest points allowed by a considerable margin. We just gave BB the worst defeat of his entire career. I want postseason success too. But try to enjoy the journey, at least a little.

San Francisco is a great team. Supremely well rounded on both sides of the ball. Pass rush? Check. Stuff the run? Check. Zone and man capable? Check. Ball hawking safeties who can play deep or close? Check. Strong run game? Check. Great OL? Check. Multidimensional receivers on both sides of the field? Check. Efficient, ball protection at QB? Check 

They are also very well coached, with a great system in place on offense and defense and are very disciplined.

...and they are due for a loss.

Ill rethink this over the week, but I think Pollard has a huge play that splits the games closeness at the end, and Purdy finally makes a mistake to seal a tight game, 20-17.

12 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Who pissed in your Wheaties, man?

We’re 3-1, with a +83 point differential. We lead the league in fewest points allowed by a considerable margin. We just gave BB the worst defeat of his entire career. I want postseason success too. But try to enjoy the journey, at least a little.

It’s just one of those teams man. Couldn’t beat Rogers in the mid 2010s. Can’t beat the freaking 49ers in the early 20s. Before that, it was the Giants in Prime Eli years. The Giants and 49ers have derailed what should have been a HoF coaching career for McCarthy.

Sad thing is, no one is going to care about this game even if we win, because we also beat GB early in the regular season in ‘16.

Edited by WheatieMan
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, WheatieMan said:

It’s just one of those teams man. Couldn’t beat Rogers in the mid 2010s. Can’t beat the freaking 49ers in the early 20s. Before that, it was the Giants in Prime Eli years. The Giants and 49ers have derailed what should have been a HoF coaching career for McCarthy.

Sad thing is, no one is going to care about this game even if we win, because we also beat GB early in the regular season in ‘16.

A zone defense that can sit back in coverage but still generate pressure with 4. You have to be able to run the ball, and dink and dunk the coverage for 4 quarters without making a mistake.

And on the other side you have CMC, Deebo, Kittle, Aiyuk, and a QB that has an argument to be statistically QB1 in the NFL right now. 8th in yards, 3rd in cmpl%, 2nd in ANY/A, 5 passing TDs, 1 rushing TD, 0 interceptions, 1st in QBR, 1st in passer rating… 

Yeah, it’ll be tough

3 hours ago, DaBoys said:

A zone defense that can sit back in coverage but still generate pressure with 4. You have to be able to run the ball, and dink and dunk the coverage for 4 quarters without making a mistake.

And on the other side you have CMC, Deebo, Kittle, Aiyuk, and a QB that has an argument to be statistically QB1 in the NFL right now. 8th in yards, 3rd in cmpl%, 2nd in ANY/A, 5 passing TDs, 1 rushing TD, 0 interceptions, 1st in QBR, 1st in passer rating… 

Yeah, it’ll be tough

But you all so have to take into account who San Fran has played. 

Steelers  - first game of season.  And a team allowing 25 points per game while only gaining 15.5 points offensively per game. 

Rams - 25th ranked Defense as it stands right now 

Giants - need I say anymore? 

Cardinals - showed us offensively a few things that we can do to move the ball on that 9er defense. 

20 hours ago, WheatieMan said:

Man, that Giants D line vs Romo was something generational. I've won thousands betting on that DL vs Brady in both super bowls. That DL was truly once in a generation. Purple people eaters, Doomsday, LoB, that type of generational.

Rodgers is the best to ever do it. People say Brady. I say no, Brady is the most successful to ever do it. But Rodgers singlehandedly carried the Pack for years and made plays I may never see again at my age. Plus, had the refs made the right call on that one 4th down play, it may have been a whole different narrative to Romos career 

Point is, I don't see that generation setting tone, that best ever vibe, from anything on the Niners. They are a great team, with depth and superb coaching and a ton of talent. But this team is too. Maybe the coaching isn't quite on Shanahans level, but Quinns D is just as well coached as anything Shannahan puts out there. The teams match up very well. I don't see Purdy as the new Rodgers. And that DL is not JPP, Strahan, Umenyiora and Tuck. On their own, each good. But nothing compared when together, they fit each other and the system so well. The Niners? Talented for sure. But together, those four guys in NYG were simply ... well, generational. I don't see that in SF.