Stefan Diggs HOF case.

TecmoSuperJoe

He's 29 now, and can break the 10K barrier for receiving yards this year. How many more quality seasons on par with what he's had starts to move him into HOF candidacy?

I feel like he never gets talked about these days, because of Justin Jefferson's crazy start to his career. 

If Diggs can keep up his play for at least another 3 years after this, then I think he'd be in ring or not. Hard to keep up that kind of play into one's thirties though. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

5 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

He's 29 now, and can break the 10K barrier for receiving yards this year. How many more quality seasons on par with what he's had starts to move him into HOF candidacy?

I feel like he never gets talked about these days, because of Justin Jefferson's crazy start to his career. 

If Diggs can keep up his play for at least another 3 years after this, then I think he'd be in ring or not. Hard to keep up that kind of play into one's thirties though. 

Interesting thread. For example Mike Evans who i  don’t see as a HOF Is his peer has more yards, and 24 more touchdowns. But Diggs has more all pros and peaked higher 

Edited by CP3MVP
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

Interesting thread. For example Mike Evans who i  don’t see as a HOF Is his peer has more yards, and 24 more touchdowns. But Diggs has more all pros and peaked higher 

Yeah, Mike Evans is a weird case. He has that hallmark of consecutive 1K seasons, and will probably get another one this year. Maybe at some point that simply can't be overlooked. That being said I think the lack of 1st Team All-Pros will hold him back with voters. But that's even funnier, because guys like Tim Brown, Andre Reed, or Isaac Bruce never had a 1st Team All-Pro, but I feel like each of those guys were still at some point had some people here, and there thinking they were in the conversation for best WR in the league. Never got that with Evans who has a SB ring too. Diggs already feels like he has a bigger shot though anyway. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

3 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Yeah, Mike Evans is a weird case. He has that hallmark of consecutive 1K seasons, and will probably get another one this year. Maybe at some point that simply can't be overlooked. That being said I think the lack of 1st Team All-Pros will hold him back with voters. But that's even funnier, because guys like Tim Brown, Andre Reed, or Isaac Bruce never had a 1st Team All-Pro, but I feel like each of those guys were still at some point had some people here, and there thinking they were in the conversation for best WR in the league. Never got that with Evans who has a SB ring too. Diggs already feels like he has a bigger shot though anyway. 

Evans will get into the HOF eventually because of everything you basically laid out in this post. All Pro's aren't everything. 

Let alone if he ends up with 11 or 12 straight 1K seasons a 100TD.

That SB ring, is what 2 of the 3 HOF names above never achieved, and one of the reasons why Diggs won't make the HOF. 

16 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

I don’t think he’s anywhere close, at no point in his entire career was he ever considered the best receiver in the league, or even Top 3 for that matter. Like right now for example I don’t think he is even in the same realm as Jefferson, Hill, and Adams. 

Eh... he was definitely considered one of the league's best WRs in 2020. Only other guy you might be able to argue over him was Davante, really.

3 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Eh... he was definitely considered one of the league's best WRs in 2020. Only other guy you might be able to argue over him was Davante, really.

That’s why bulk stats will never be the end all be all. Hell we’ve seen guys like Dak throw for a billion yards. I don’t think anyone on the planet outside of Bills fans had Diggs as the #1 WR for 2020. It was absolutely Adams. Watch their tape and he’s not even remotely on Adam’s level. Almost everyone had Hill and Hopkins over Diggs as well. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Funny thing is that "All Pro" season was almost Identical to Mike Evans 2015 campaign.  

Only Evans needed 41 less receptions to put up  the same 1500/8. Omly a Pro Bowler that season so go figure on the rankings of the WR's that year?

Edited by Nabbs4u

3 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Funny thing is that "All Pro" season was almost Identical to Mike Evans 2015 campaign.  

Only Evans needed 41 less receptions to put up  the same 1500/8. Omly a Pro Bowler that season so go figure on the rankings of the WR's that year?

I think we did a WR Tournament after 2020 season and Diggs was 4th, a distant 4th. It was Adams, then Hill, then Hopkins. 

1 minute ago, Tank4Drake said:

I think we did a WR Tournament after 2020 season and Diggs was 4th, a distant 4th. It was Adams, then Hill, then Hopkins. 

Very little has changed other then Hopkins has been replaced by at a minimum Jefferson ,Chase and maybe even Lamb. Then Diggs!

Diggs is not a HOF'r and needs a whole lot more to even be considered in the future IMO.

Just now, Nabbs4u said:

Very little has changed other then Hopkins has been replaced by at a minimum Jefferson ,Chase and maybe even Lamb. Then Diggs!

Diggs is not a HOF'r and needs a whole lot more to even be considered in the future IMO.

Chase is better than Diggs 100%. I’d put Diggs at five but it’s Jefferson, Adams, Hill, tier break, Chase, tier break, Diggs, Lamb. 

• Like 2