SNF: Chiefs vs Jets,, Hello?

JetsandI

Don't care about Carter Warren getting a RS year.  I care more about if him and Mitchell can be serious contenders for starting roles.  We have Tippmann who can play RG or C for us.  AVT can realistically play LT, LG, RG, RT for us.  Becton may want a change of scenery.  It would be great if one of them can play OT next year and we don't have to spend a high draft pick.

2 hours ago, ekill08x said:

Agreed but Becton has easily been the worst graded OL on the team and the film checks out. He’s been horrible as a pass blocker. 

I don't think he has been horrible by the eye test. Once in a while he looked like he missed a block, but there have been a ton of lockdown blocks where he completely standstills the guy. Becton is 24 and missed 2 years of football, so I wasn't expecting him to be all pro. His miss blocks are correctable, not like he is getting beat because he sucks. So far I have been happy to see Becton out there. 

I think the worst linemen on the OL is McGovern, tons of times he looks overmatched.  Even Tomlinson is improving. 

I still think long term Tippmann will be at center,, but it is very encouraging to see him playing football at a high level. AVT might be a long term answer at RT, he looks really good there.  What is more important, RT or RT?  

Edited by NYJets4716

I would ride this O-line setup for as long as we can. It definitely looks much improved with Becton on the left side, Tippmann at RG and Vera-Tucker at RT.

I am even wondering now if the LT next season should be No. 75.  IF Becton wants out or is traded or whatever, maybe the solution is to put our best O-lineman (by far) at the most important position? Then you SHOULD be able to figure out a RT between Warren and Mitchell, and you potentially have a starter in Tippmann (either at RG or C). Then, you draft an interior lineman in the middle rounds and sign a free agent to shore up the interior.

That might be the best course of action. Because with our first-round draft pick, we could decide to go with one of three other positions that might really improve us:

- future QB (discussed ad nauseum, no need to say anything more)

- WR to play opposite Garrett Wilson, or if Lazard stays outside you can draft a guy to replace what Cobb is bringing. I would even bring Cobb back if he wants to run it back with Rodgers one more year, but an upgrade here could help both the team in general, and very specifically Garrett Wilson.

- RCB to play opposite Sauce Gardner. I think Reed has been fine, but maybe we would be better off replacing him with a top prospect to line up opposite Gardner. Right now, it feels like the field is tilted a bit when we are on defense. Like I said, Reed is fine. But this could be an option.

And of course, you could also scrap these plans for the right O lineman. I am just glad we have a first round pick in 2024. I guess we have the field turf at MetLife to thank for this?

On 10/4/2023 at 4:04 PM, Jag68Sid87 said:

- RCB to play opposite Sauce Gardner. I think Reed has been fine, but maybe we would be better off replacing him with a top prospect to line up opposite Gardner. Right now, it feels like the field is tilted a bit when we are on defense. Like I said, Reed is fine. But this could be an option.

Is Reed someone we should even be looking to replace? He's been solid from what I've seen.

On 10/4/2023 at 2:04 PM, jetsfan4life51 said:

Don't care about Carter Warren getting a RS year.  I care more about if him and Mitchell can be serious contenders for starting roles.  We have Tippmann who can play RG or C for us.  AVT can realistically play LT, LG, RG, RT for us.  Becton may want a change of scenery.  It would be great if one of them can play OT next year and we don't have to spend a high draft pick.

I dont mind Becton coming back on prove it deal.   If he finds richer contract with other team then so be it.  Still, we should not count on Warren or Mitchell as next up in the line at all.