SNF: Chiefs vs Jets,, Hello?

JetsandI

I'm shocked at how well Wilson did. This was probably his best game of his career. I just wish he did not fumble at the very end like that. I also hate the "ref lost us the game" path too. I have always said win the game so much even the refs can't change it. i thought the OL did a lot better. There where plays that Zach had plenty of time to make the throws and he did. If Zach plays like this the rest of the year the Jets can win some ball games. I also thought the line did very well with a well rested Chris Jones on he line. Oh by the way on the ref calls remember the jets where gifted a safety too. 

9 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

I wonder if playing RT all offseason has him off at LT.  Not an excuse, just a thought.

Do we all forget how he was manhandled by Lawson in TC before going down last year? The same Lawson who has been MIA. Becton is good in the run game but sucks in pass pro.  Then you put POS LG next to him and that spells disaster.

Time to admit to ourselves the reality that Mekhi is just not that good.

Easily the best game I’ve seen ZW play, they need to try to build off that game plan and quit with the hiding the QB. There’s no reason to do that. If he throws picks he throws picks. Sucks that he had to put a crap cherry on top of what was a good performance with the fumble.

Signing Cook is literally hurting the team. 6 carries for Hall is unacceptable. I get why they signed Hackett because they wanted Rodgers, but he is terrible.

Edited by GangGreen420
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

There where plays that Zach had plenty of time to make the throws and he did. If Zach plays like this the rest of the year the Jets can win some ball games

I did not see the game. Tied up with more important stuff. From what I have read and the clips I have seen, Zach outplayed Mahomey.

Zach needs to build confidence. Confidence that was obliterated by starting him day 1 behind a **** OL and continuing to trot him out there with a crappy OC creating a crappy game plan behind a crappy OL.  Does that sound like a recipe for successfully developing a QB?  If you say yes then you are a relative of the coaching staff.

Zach will have games like last night and in Tenn. last year, but will too often have performances like he did against all the NE games. The physical talent is there. He needed this year to sit.  Since that is no longer an option, he at least needs above average OL play and a creative game plan.  If he can get that, he may slowly develop the confidence he needs. There will still be WTF moments that will cost us games, but he will show improvement albeit with up and down performances. Can the OL and game plan help Zach?  That is question that needs answering. 

I have to believe that Wilson finally scored a touchdown on opening drive of either half.

tenor.gif

Anyway, Wilson seemingly finally knew how to play NFL. Let's see if he stays that way for the rest of this season. The way he played had opened many creative plays.  Please remember that, Wilson.

The run game still sucks.  A couple of good runs were on outside.  One problem to handle a time I suppose. shrug.

Please don't revert, Jets.  Keep building on better part.

I have to admit Zach Wilson ,did play a good game. What did us in was the same as all our other games lousy run blocking. The only run yards we got were around end. We got zero yards up the middle and off tackle. It's not our running back it is the O line who can't move anybody off the ball. Our center is one of our big problems. He got pushed around like a rag doll.  If we played like we did yesterday, things should get interesting.

Reading some of these comments is just strange to me. The Jets probably played their best game in the last few years last night. This was only the second time the OL has played together in these spots. You had a Chris Jones on KC that is well rested and ready to tear that line up and the Jets OL did really well with him. Zach made some throws that I NEVER saw him make in the NFL. The guy looks night and day in my eyes. He came out throwing the ball around and showing that he belongs in the league as a starting QB. Yes I still hate him as a QB but to see a turn around from last week to this week on a QB is unheard of. Stat wise he had the best game of his career. If he plays like this he will start to collect those W's we all want. Zach was throwing darts out there. Hall should have smoked that last guy in his big run. The old Hall would have never let him put a hand on him. I do agree that D. Cook is done. He has nothing left and I think the rookie should be taking his snaps. Cook should be the one on the inactive list going into game day. The D let them down to start the game but came on strong. I'm glad they are giving the younger guys more time to play now. 

4 hours ago, xrade said:

I did not see the game. Tied up with more important stuff. From what I have read and the clips I have seen, Zach outplayed Mahomey.

Zach needs to build confidence. Confidence that was obliterated by starting him day 1 behind a **** OL and continuing to trot him out there with a crappy OC creating a crappy game plan behind a crappy OL.  Does that sound like a recipe for successfully developing a QB?  If you say yes then you are a relative of the coaching staff.

Zach will have games like last night and in Tenn. last year, but will too often have performances like he did against all the NE games. The physical talent is there. He needed this year to sit.  Since that is no longer an option, he at least needs above average OL play and a creative game plan.  If he can get that, he may slowly develop the confidence he needs. There will still be WTF moments that will cost us games, but he will show improvement albeit with up and down performances. Can the OL and game plan help Zach?  That is question that needs answering. 

I wish you could find this full game to watch somewhere.   Despite he is unworthy of NFL, I always pick Mac Jones over Zach Wilson because he isn't afraid to throw football.  This game was the exact opposite what Wilson had been before.  Wilson actually threw football on money most of the game instead of waiting for extra time to find open (wider) receiver.    Right now, he has good tape to study and practice that way for better result.

If he reverts to old self then he is done as I consider it as a poor work ethic. Simple.

By far the best Zach Wilson has looked in his career. He has shown improvements in certain areas, last night it looked like it clicked. 

Now he needs to put a string of good performances and start stacking them up. That looked like BYU Zach Wilson. 

The OL is getting better. AVT is so good at RT, we honestly should just leave him there for good. He plays RT at a high level, why keep messing around? Just leave him there. 

Finally played Ruckert more, he is a legit ball player. Outstanding blocker and has upside as a receiver, that back shoulder catch was beautiful. 

It sucks that we got robbed of even having a chance because of the refs at the end. The offense needs to continue to build off of that. Dalvin Cook looks washed. I wish we would give Izzy and MC his carries, or start giving Breece more carries.  

Gipson flashes with the ball in his hand, talented player. 

I really like Cobb and Lazard on the team just because they are high character players, seeing them consistently trying to be supportive of their QB is nice to see. A lot of Wilson's struggles is just not having the confidence and mental.

Defense Carl Lawson playing time has gone down, he looks really bad. Probably not healthy. Bryce Huff is our best DE on the roster, I wish the Jets would extend him. 

That "holding" penalty was bs to end the game, should have been a INT. 

24 minutes ago, drew39k said:

I really hate that we didn't get to see if or how Zach would have responded following the fumble.  I really wanted to see if he was going to be able to step up and overcome it or if he was going to fall back into his shell 

The NFL robbed us of it. They should be ashamed with how they ruined a good game. I wanted to see what Wilson would do after Mahomes threw his 3rd INT. 

The refs didn't allow it.

Also, another blatant no call was on a TD run by the Chiefs. Sherwood literally had  the LT grab him hold him, fall to the ground and grab his ankle and twisted him to the ground. No call on it when it was blatant and basically allowed the RB to run free for a TD. 

5 hours ago, NYJets4716 said:

The NFL robbed us of it. They should be ashamed with how they ruined a good game. I wanted to see what Wilson would do after Mahomes threw his 3rd INT. 

The refs didn't allow it.

Also, another blatant no call was on a TD run by the Chiefs. Sherwood literally had  the LT grab him hold him, fall to the ground and grab his ankle and twisted him to the ground. No call on it when it was blatant and basically allowed the RB to run free for a TD. 

Yup. 

I'll say this though about the refs and how they screw us. It's pretty typical of bad teams to fell screwed by the refs. Thats a bi-product of being bad. Most teams deal with bad calls and play well enough to overcome them most of the time. Bad teams can't overcome them because they are bad so they are far more impacted by them. It's a cyclical effect. 

This games is a perfect example of that.  Even with the terrible calls that did screw us, this was a game, that had we executed, we win. Conklin's dropped td took 4 points off the board. Wilson's over throw of Wilson in the end zone took points off the board. Michael Carter's drop on third down took points off the board, CJ Mosleys dropped pick(likely would have been a td/) took points off the board, zeurleins missed field goal, Tyler Conklin's trip during the breece hall run, Zach's fumble at midfield with in a tie game ....

We lost by three points. If we were a better team, we don't have as many failed opportunities and the blown calls by the refs aren't as big of a factor.

Coaching staff seems to finally have gotten out of its own way, did a good job ... and made some necessary adjustments after getting down 17 ... we allowed 6 points ... defense definitely adjusted and locked down later on.

Zach had a great game ... Coaches simplified things for him and let him rip the ball ... honestly rest of the way Zach should have a green light to let its rip 80% of the time ... Good things happen when you give your playmakers chances to make plays on the ball ... sure you've got to put the ball in danger sometimes ... but id rather have us go down swinging and give Zach his shots and take any lumps ... 

Glad Zach was able to prove some haters wrong ... and show some maturity at the end ... lets hope we keep up this play and get to 2-3 next week

3 minutes ago, KBS756 said:

Coaching staff seems to finally have gotten out of its own way, did a good job ... and made some necessary adjustments after getting down 17 ... we allowed 6 points ... defense definitely adjusted and locked down later on.

Zach had a great game ... Coaches simplified things for him and let him rip the ball ... honestly rest of the way Zach should have a green light to let its rip 80% of the time ... Good things happen when you give your playmakers chances to make plays on the ball ... sure you've got to put the ball in danger sometimes ... but id rather have us go down swinging and give Zach his shots and take any lumps ... 

Glad Zach was able to prove some haters wrong ... and show some maturity at the end ... lets hope we keep up this play and get to 2-3 next week

Just by virtue of being willing to let him throw the ball should open up a more balanced offensive attack.