In Flores We Trust - How Good Can This Defense Be?

cconocool

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

Josh Oliver won that game with the tackle at the one yard line.

@wcblack34is it possible Oliver is being underpaid?!?

In seriousness, I'm not sure what play you're talking about.

In commitment to the bit: UNDERPAID??? There's probably a clause in his contract about having his own separate crapper made of gold! He uses gold leaf as toilet paper! UNDERPAID???

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

In seriousness, I'm not sure what play you're talking about.

In commitment to the bit: UNDERPAID??? There's probably a clause in his contract about having his own separate crapper made of gold! He uses gold leaf as toilet paper! UNDERPAID???

Didn't Oliver make the goal line tackle?

10 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

No, we fumbled the ball and Atlanta almost scored.

Our first half was forgettable so I could be making this up lol

You are not making it up.  Game log shows it.  And that was a heck of a defensive stand to hold the Falcons to an FG.  Game could have got away from the team many different times.  That tackle and then that defensive stand were just two of the times the team rose up and slayed adversity that could have ripped out the heart of the Vikings.  They showed, however, they have more heart and resilience than some here gave them credit for.

I give Mr. @vike daddy the award amongst fans on this board for keeping hope alive when some thought all was lost.  He does it time and again.  Nice work @vike daddy. You might be cut out of the same cloth as coach O'Connell.

Minnesota Vikings at Atlanta Falcons - November 5th, 2023 | Pro-Football-Reference.com

• Like 5

23 hours ago, Cearbhall said:

I give Mr. @vike daddy the award amongst fans on this board for keeping hope alive when some thought all was lost.  He does it time and again.  Nice work @vike daddy. You might be cut out of the same cloth as coach O'Connell.

I got a notification a short time ago about someone liking this quoted post, which caused me to look at it.  I saw that Mr. @vike daddy didn't like the post.  At first, I thought that made sense given Mr. Vike Daddy's humble nature.  As a daddy, he is used to not getting recognition.  Part of the job is to listen to the complaints and rarely be appreciated. Anyone here that is a dad had to learn this at some point.

It's true that Mr. Vike Daddy is a humble fellow, but then I realized that I accidentally insulted Vike Daddy. For that, I apologize.  I shouldn't have said that Mr. Daddy might be cut out of the same cloth as coach O'Connell.  Clearly, it is O'Connell that may have been cut out of the same cloth as Mr. Vike Daddy.

Coach Flores is a different cat, but I like him too.  His aggression shows in the players. It is doing the team good. They needed both O'Connell's positive attitude and Flores' aggression.  Would love to keep these two coaches together. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

I got a notification a short time ago about someone liking this quoted post, which caused me to look at it.  I saw that Mr. @vike daddy didn't like the post.  At first, I thought that made sense given Mr. Vike Daddy's humble nature.  As a daddy, he is used to not getting recognition.  Part of the job is to listen to the complaints and rarely be appreciated. Anyone here that is a dad had to learn this at some point.

It's true that Mr. Vike Daddy is a humble fellow, but then I realized that I accidentally insulted Vike Daddy. For that, I apologize.  I shouldn't have said that Mr. Daddy might be cut out of the same cloth as coach O'Connell.  Clearly, it is O'Connell that may have been cut out of the same cloth as Mr. Vike Daddy.

what the...? gee whiz, thanks.

as far as not giving up on the Vikes when they play lousy/stupidly/mistake prone/blow opportunities early in games, yes i too wish they would come storming out of the gates and the other teams would have to alter their gameplans and play catchup, but alas that's not how we're constructed right now.

but when there's still time on the clock, and often quarters worth of it, this team can still come back and win.

thanks again, @Cearbhall, but i doubt there are others who would agree with you that i am humble, lol. in fact, i don't!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, vike daddy said:

what the...? gee whiz, thanks.

as far as not giving up on the Vikes when they play lousy/stupidly/mistake prone/blow opportunities early in games, yes i too wish they would come storming out of the gates and the other teams would have to alter their gameplans and play catchup, but alas that's not how we're constructed right now.

but when there's still time on the clock, and often quarters worth of it, this team can still come back and win.

thanks again, @Cearbhall, but i doubt there are others who would agree with you that i am humble, lol. in fact, i don't!

It really has been a crazy couple of seasons to be a Vikings fan. I think we have been conditioned to expect the worst out of this team. For as long as I can remember, they’ve had a nasty habit of playing down to their competition. That has always seemingly been coupled with an inability to overcome adversity. But over the last year and a half, they have done nothing but overcome adversity. They are certainly still a flawed team, but it is starting to feel like they are never actually out of a ball game. However, my blood pressure would appreciate it if they could just dominate in a few games here and there lol. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

It really has been a crazy couple of seasons to be a Vikings fan. I think we have been conditioned to expect the worst out of this team. For as long as I can remember, they’ve had a nasty habit of playing down to their competition. That has always seemingly been coupled with an inability to overcome adversity. But over the last year and a half, they have done nothing but overcome adversity. They are certainly still a flawed team, but it is starting to feel like they are never actually out of a ball game. However, my blood pressure would appreciate it if they could just dominate in a few games here and there lol. 

We've been saying that for a few years now too.

I just turned 50 and the Vikings have played down to their competition...save 1998...for basically my entire football watching life. 

• Like 1