Trade Deadline 2023

Louis Friend

4 minutes ago, detfan782004 said:

How was WR not a need right now?

If you were to rank our needs at the deadline where would you put WR?

If you were to rank depth WR in terms of impact at the deadline where you you rank it?

To suddenly act like WR was this gigantic need is being intellectually dishonest.

2 minutes ago, Millenhater said:

If you were to rank depth WR in terms of impact at the deadline where you you rank it?

To suddenly act like WR was this gigantic need is being intellectually dishonest.

I had WR as need for while. Several week. I had needs as CB, WR and edge.

Major need when you got Jamo who can't catch a cold right now and then that was before they released a WR 

Cant says it's dishonest when I quoted wanting him back on Oct 10th lol 

Edited by detfan782004
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, detfan782004 said:

I always find it hilarious when people get upset at trading 6th round picks or later. 

Players in round 5-7 go onto second contract less than 17% of time.

6th round and later make up less than 5% of leagues starters.

Less than 4% of round 6 are all pros.

Some of this data is old and some new but you get a known value with a 6th round pick in a WR here its a no brainer versus what you can get in the draft

And let’s not forget, Lions still get Phillys 2025 4th from the Swift trade. Losing a 6th for DPJ while still having an extra 4th is a pretty good spot to be in. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Millenhater said:

If I'm missing a left nut, eyeball, and thumb I'd probably rank them as follows:

1. eyeball

2. Thumb

3. left nut

However, I wouldn't be unhappy if I didn't get my eyeball but I gained a left nut.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, General Tso said:

I really think the FO thinks James Houston is our savior at Edge.

He should provide a boost with the pass rush as long as AG doesn't have him covering receivers 15-years downfield.  He is an under-sized pass-rusher who can probably play LB if he is in-the-box but asking him to drop in coverage doesn't seem like something he does very well.

Edited by Just Want A Title
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, LionArkie said:

If I'm missing a left nut, eyeball, and thumb I'd probably rank them as follows:

1. eyeball

2. Thumb

3. left nut

However, I wouldn't be unhappy if I didn't get my eyeball but I gained a left nut.

bro...left nut gotta be number one.  Right nut is the Will Harris of nuts...

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Just Want A Title said:

He should provide a boost with the pass rush as long as AG doesn't have him covering receivers 15-years downfield.  He is an under-sized pass-rusher who can probably play LB if he is in-the-box but asking him to drop in coverage doesn't seem like something he does very well.

He is good, but he is only one guy and would be coming off of injury.

People, especially those on the Ticket right now, are freaking out that the Lions didn't make a bunch of moves.  Most good teams don't, and most teams that do they don't often work out.  This isn't the MLB trade deadline.  Significant players don't make significant impacts typically.  Von Miller in LA was an exception.  The Egagles traded a 3rd for Quinn last year and although they made the SB, they got a total of 2 tackles out of Quinn.  The Cheifs traded a 3rd plus for Toney last year and got 14 catches and 2 TDs in the regular season and 2 catches for 14 yards in the AFC championship game and SB.  The year before the Bengals made zero trades and made the SB.  The year before that the Bucs traded for a DT with a 7th round pick as their biggest move before making the SB against the Chiefs who didn't make any moves other than trading away a depth RB.  No need to freak out.  It would have been nice to add Chase Young at that price.  Other than that no moves were made that I would have been interested in.  Teams look better on paper but working those guys in and getting actual value from them isnt guaranteed.  You win with your core, and our core is still pretty solid. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, detfan782004 said:

I had WR as need for while. Several week. I had needs as CB, WR and edge.

Major need when you got Jamo who can't catch a cold right now and then that was before they released a WR 

Cant says it's dishonest when I quoted wanting him back on Oct 10th lol 

Literally have had the same top 3 needs through 8 weeks. CB/DL/WR 🤣 Now people acting like it wasn’t a need. Less than 24 hours ago, we saw the Lions fail to convert in the red zone. Adding sure hands to Goff for redzone situations is not a bad thing. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

People, especially those on the Ticket right now, are freaking out that the Lions didn't make a bunch of moves.  Most good teams don't, and most teams that do they don't often work out.  This isn't the MLB trade deadline.  Significant players don't make significant impacts typically.  Von Miller in LA was an exception.  The Egagles traded a 3rd for Quinn last year and although they made the SB, they got a total of 2 tackles out of Quinn.  The Cheifs traded a 3rd plus for Toney last year and got 14 catches and 2 TDs in the regular season and 2 catches for 14 yards in the AFC championship game and SB.  The year before the Bengals made zero trades and made the SB.  The year before that the Bucs traded for a DT with a 7th round pick as their biggest move before making the SB against the Chiefs who didn't make any moves other than trading away a depth RB.  No need to freak out.  It would have been nice to add Chase Young at that price.  Other than that no moves were made that I would have been interested in.  Teams look better on paper but working those guys in and getting actual value from them isnt guaranteed.  You win with your core, and our core is still pretty solid. 

This is a great point.  I'm in agreement about Young  (and Sweat) but I wish we would have addressed CB depth.  An upgrade would have been nice but I would hate for Jacobs to go done next game and we have to rely on Harris the rest of the year.  Again I don't need an all pro i just think we needed more depth that will be hard to find after today.

1 minute ago, rob_shadows said:

One thing to remember about Young is that he doesn't fit in terms of the kind of personality Brad and Dan want our guys to have. Young is a narcissist who believes he's a lot better than he is and will probably demand more money this off season than he's worth.

Another thing about Young is he is bad against the run and although he has some sacks this year, he played on a line with Sweat, Daron Payne and Jonathan Allen and was still underwhelming as a pass rusher.  

Similarly with Sweat, he had a great DL and didnt get the numbers.  Moving to a different system with a less talented DL might hurt.  Although Chase Young went to a better DL probably. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Millenhater said:

This is a great point.  I'm in agreement about Young  (and Sweat) but I wish we would have addressed CB depth.  An upgrade would have been nice but I would hate for Jacobs to go done next game and we have to rely on Harris the rest of the year.  Again I don't need an all pro i just think we needed more depth that will be hard to find after today.

How many CB's were traded at the deadline? At least how many that have real value?  I am sure we asked around, but I am guessing we have faith in Gilmore and/or have our eye on guys on other teams practice squads.  Its not like Harris or Jacobs are that good but something is working in our system.  I have faith they will keep it going.