The Week 6 Thread: Red River Showdown at Noon at the Cotton Bowl

MikeT14

2 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Hahahaha yep seriously I signed up because Mario Williams was underrated in the pre draft process not for life advice damnit!

I miss the good old days where adolescent me gets a warning for using scUM in the college football forum

• Like 2

The Fitzgerald lawsuit is going to end in an undisclosed settlement.

Fitzgerald has smartly been silent and absolutely has a case considering the report said he had no knowledge of hazing and that 48 hours later they fired him for cause because of optics.

The Tucker situation on the other hand is a car wreck that I find myself slowing down and watching it all unfold and clogging up traffic behind me.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Have you seen the ty thread where we were all comparing/contrasting the prednisone side effects? 

I took that like 10 years ago when I threw out my back. Five day dosage. All it did was provide much needed help to getting me back on my feet and made me eat like I hadn't eaten in days. I was constantly uncomfortably hungry and seemed like I was throwing down 4-5k calories a day which is well over my average.

• Like 2

Just now, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I took that like 10 years ago when I threw out my back. Five day dosage. All it did was provide much needed help to getting me back on my feet and made me eat like I hadn't eaten in days. I was constantly uncomfortably hungry and seemed like I was throwing down 4-5k calories a day which is well over my average.

No emotions? No rage? No paranoia? No sleep deprivation?

What is this wizardry? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

No emotions? No rage? No paranoia? No sleep deprivation?

What is this wizardry? 

None. I was just so hungry all day, every day. My wife was pissy b/c I kept telling her I needed more food so she needed to go to the grocery store again lol. Three times in one week. My only emotions were pure elation from actually being able to walk again after the second day was completed.

• Like 2

Thankfully my wife has never seen me on pain killers or post operation totally under, because generally it’s completely one track mind.

Post shoulder surgery they stood me up, I passed out, they caught me, and sat me down and asked me what I needed.

”Water”

”Sorry, you’ll throw that up we can’t do that.”

”Can I please get some water.”

”No, sorry, what else do you need.”

”Just a glass of ice water please.”

This continued at least another 5 times before the nurse laughed and gave me a glass of ice chips. I then had to have the car pulled over on the way home so I could heave. I stand by that decision.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Thankfully my wife has never seen me on pain killers or post operation totally under, because generally it’s completely one track mind.

Post shoulder surgery they stood me up, I passed out, they caught me, and sat me down and asked me what I needed.

”Water”

”Sorry, you’ll throw that up we can’t do that.”

”Can I please get some water.”

”No, sorry, what else do you need.”

”Just a glass of ice water please.”

This continued at least another 5 times before the nurse laughed and gave me a glass of ice chips. I then had to have the car pulled over on the way home so I could heave. I stand by that decision.

lol as someone who is ever so polite coming out of surgery, it's because I've got more practice being blackout than you do. It's a good thing to be bad at.

• Like 1