GDT: Week 5 - Dallas @ SF

WizardHawk

2 minutes ago, HDsportsfan said:

So, we suddenly don't have a good line. Probably a piece of it. But I also think the 3 or 5 step drop and release the ball isn't happening. Dak has had decent time overall. Sure, give credit to the niners secondary,. But we're not playing well, odd calls here and there, and having out ***** handed to us.

I don’t see our receivers really winning early either is one of the big issues. 

that throw was trash though. 

5 minutes ago, Dallas94Ware said:

Purdy really is just incredible. I'm sorry I know you all want to blame our guys or coaches. But this Purdy guy is just remarkable.

Two big throws perfectly anticipated and dropped in the bucket between four zone defenders, and it was like he wasn't even trying.

100%. He has been spectacular.

3 minutes ago, HDsportsfan said:

So, we suddenly don't have a good line. Probably a piece of it. But I also think the 3 or 5 step drop and release the ball isn't happening. Dak has had decent time overall. Sure, give credit to the niners secondary,. But we're not playing well, odd calls here and there, and having out ***** handed to us.

This team hasn't had a good OL for years. It's why Bergeron was the better choice over Mazi in the draft, but they went Mazi.

Biadasz was a pro bowl alternate by name only. He isn't very good. Tyron Smith has been dominant and then a turn style, dominant than a turn style. For years now.

Steele has been consistent. Martin is great but doesn't protect the way he used to. Tyler has promise but we were crowning him way too early. This line still needs work. It needs coordination. It needs a big upgrade at center and it needs to learn to protect better. You can't just blow off the line and power up for the run game every down.

• Like 1

Just now, project T.O said:

At least I’m sure a majority of you guys are rangers fans? 

As an orioles and cowboys fan it’s been a rough day…

I’m actually a Phillies fan, so that’s a plus for me. 

but yesterday was rough for my Longhorns 

25 minutes ago, D82 said:

Tua looked like a bust until McDaniel took over. Geno Smith was basically done until Pete Carroll got ahold of him. Russell Wilson looks like a hack since leaving Seattle. Kyle Shanahan has made it work with mid-level QBs and has turned “Mr. Irrelevant” into a really good QB. 

Mike McCarthy struck gold with a good defense and having Aaron Rodgers as his QB. He was fired from GB for a reason. He’s a mid-level ok coach who will keep a team relevant, but I don’t believe he’s the guy to get you a championship in today’s NFL. 

To play devil's advocate: Tua has given Waddle, Tyreek and a strong run game. Geno Smith has KW3, DK and Tyler Lockett. Kyle Shanahan or John Lynch would've been fired for the Trey Lance fiasco if they hadn't struck gold with Brock Purdy. 49ers have Deebo, Aiyuk, Kittle and a strong run game. We see how Bill Belichick (arguably the greatest HC ever) is getting exposed w/o Tom Brady.

While there is a coaching gap between us and the 49ers, the Cowboys need an infusion of high-end talent on both sides of the ball. They struggle mightily to score and cannot stop the high end teams. 

Edited by Tony7188