GDT: Week 5 - Dallas @ SF

WizardHawk

The litmus test.

Dallas simply can’t lay an egg in this one imo. Dallas has been burnt by some missed opportunities in last 2 matchups. This can’t happen if they hope to pull off a road win. 

@D82 time to mod up and unsticky GDT 3 and 4. Get it together man

Edited by WizardHawk
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

The litmus test.

Dallas simply can’t lay an egg in this one imo. Dallas has been burnt by some missed opportunities in last 2 matchups. This can’t happen if they hope to pull off a road win. 

@D82 time to mod up and unsticky GDT 3 and 4. Get it together man

I've been busy wrangling two kids, and dealing with 2,000 people old people who can't seem to understand how the internet works. Cut me some slack.

Time to see if our run D is really improved or not.  If SF can get a lot of 3rd less then 5 then they we will have a hard time getting them off the field.  On O SF seems to have our number. We’ve been unable to run inside while they’ve been able to get pressure with out committing extra rushers.    Still this is the healthiest we’ve been in the past two years when playing them especially if both Smith’s are active.  Still not happy with how Gallup is playing but with Cooks and Tolbert we’ve upgraded as well.  

Well, this is what I was complaining so much about in our loss to Ariz. Already back 1 game to SF and Philly, this game almost becomes a must win. 

If we lose this we are 2 back from SF and they have head to head. With Philly on deck twice, we cannot afford to be in that situation and hope to have a shot at a bye.

3 minutes ago, Rtnldave said:

Well, this is what I was complaining so much about in our loss to Ariz. Already back 1 game to SF and Philly, this game almost becomes a must win. 

If we lose this we are 2 back from SF and they have head to head. With Philly on deck twice, we cannot afford to be in that situation and hope to have a shot at a bye.

With SF schedule and ours a loss almost guarantees finishing behind SF in the standings.   A win keeps us in line for a 1 seed.  Falling two behind Philly is bad but manageable as they have a ton of tough games as well. 

47 minutes ago, quiller said:

With SF schedule and ours a loss almost guarantees finishing behind SF in the standings.   A win keeps us in line for a 1 seed.  Falling two behind Philly is bad but manageable as they have a ton of tough games as well. 

Agreed, I just never liked NOT being in control of our own outcome. Never felt comfortable having to rely on another team to lose a few or stumble in order to give us a chance. 

3 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

What was the last game in the first half of a season that felt this critical?

I am trying to not get too invested emotionally in win or else.  
Still it has been a long time.  I think it was back when we played Seattle on road and ended the season three way tie for best record.  Then lost the shoot out at GB in playoffs.  Seattle if I remember got 1 seed that year GB 2 us 3.  Really upset me as we won the head to head but didn’t count as a three way tie. 

• Like 1