Is Brock Purdy Actually Good?

NinerNation21

Is Brock Purdy Actually Good?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Is Brock Purdy Actually Good?

What QBs would you take over Purdy right now? 

Mahomes, Allen, Burrow, probably Jackson. that would be it for me at this point.

Stafford is too old. Stroud is less proven. Dak sucks in the playoffs. Herbert is all hype at this point.  Goff is a ben johnson merchant (see: his time with the rams). hurts is more of a RB who throws. Cousins is too up and down. Murray and Lawrence have flashes but i just think Purdy is better.

Edited by Herodreamer79

17 hours ago, Herodreamer79 said:

What QBs would you take over Purdy right now? 

Mahomes, Allen, Burrow, probably Jackson. that would be it for me at this point.

Stafford is too old. Stroud is less proven. Dak sucks in the playoffs. Herbert is all hype at this point.  Goff is a ben johnson merchant (see: his time with the rams). hurts is more of a RB who throws. Cousins is too up and down. Murray and Lawrence have flashes but i just think Purdy is better.

Mahomes, Jackson, and maybe Burrow.

I'm assuming this was inspired by that dumb Cowherd segment?

1 hour ago, typecast said:

Mahomes, Jackson, and maybe Burrow.

I'm assuming this was inspired by that dumb Cowherd segment?

I'm a little embarrassed that Kyler is on there.

I don't know, Kyler's a weird one. Even though he's better at creating when the play breaks down, has a cannon of an arm, and is really accurate... somehow I feel like Brock Purdy would be better in AZ. That could be the homer in me though. 

Purdy and I are the same age (I'm like a month older than him), we grew up in the same city, and played against each other in high school. Wished he would go to ASU but then we got Jayden Daniels the next season.

Anyways, I digress.

I DO think Brock Purdy is actually good.

• Like 2

I saw this somewhere but i forget who pointed it out...

"49ers can't build a good team if they pay Brock Purdy"

They built a superbowl team after making Jimmy Garoppolo the highest paid QB in the league before they were good.

they even blew a bunch of first round picks on busts like Lance and Kinlaw in the process. 

Obviously now they have other players taking up big chunks of cap space but several of them likely won't be around by the time the heft of Purdy's contract kicks in. 

Trent is 36. Juice is 33. Kittle and Hargrave are 31. Deebo and CMC are 28 and have a lot of hard mileage on their bodies. 

not sucking at drafting over the next couple of years will go a long way. 

Edited by Herodreamer79
  • Like 4

The Niners have found ways to get top talent in mid to late rounds as well with trades. But you can't keep missing your early picks. I am not worried about finding weapons to surround Purdy as that will be a given with Shanny. Soon we will lose Deebo and Kittle or they will fall off but the offense should still be fine. Drafting potential pro bowlers like Puni in the 3rd round is huge. Trent is still Trent and can play at an high level until he retires. But after you play Purdy, you need to invest picks on the offensive side of the ball and then sign free agents on the defensive side. This regime is not afraid to trade picks to acquire top talent but I don't know if they will have the luxury of making those types of trades when Purdy is making 60M+.

• Like 1