John Dorsey named GM

hornbybrown

5 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Syntax is everything!

But for real someone needs to do a study comparing most used sentences to the letter arrangement on the keyboard. There has to be a more efficient arrangement. I’d hire a millennial. They’re good at the lazy more efficient way. 

3 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

But for real someone needs to do a study comparing most used sentences to the letter arrangement on the keyboard. There has to be a more efficient arrangement. I’d hire a millennial. They’re good at the lazy more efficient way. 

Once the current arrangement is soft-wired in your brain, it probably is about as easy as it gets.

Just entered all that with my eyes closed. ;)

11 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Once the current arrangement is soft-wired in your brain, it probably is about as easy as it gets.

Just entered all that with my eyes closed. ;)

It is softwired and inefficient. Again a study needs worked out. 

Querty needs to go the way if the sashi

5 hours ago, big poppa pump said:

And in year 1, he knew they would be bad enough to get one of the top QB's in the draft of year 3?  Just because you have assets, doesn't mean you will always have a trading partner.  If you are saying in year 1, he knew they would be picking 1 overall in year 3????  Then he is just as guilty for going Sam HInkie tank......

And yet that’s exactly what is happening. Sashi the visionary. Btw this is shaping up to be an exact draft as the Goff Wentz draft. Goff/Rosen to Wentz/Darnold. It’s happening, who do you want?

4 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

And yet that’s exactly what is happening. Sashi the visionary. Btw this is shaping up to be an exact draft as the Goff Wentz draft. Goff/Rosen to Wentz/Darnold. It’s happening, who do you want?

I see it more like Goff/Rosen, Wentz/Allen and Big Ben/Darnold draft.

I will take Big Ben.

4 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

I think I’m wrong, who am I thinking of?

You're not wrong.

https://www.si.com/mmqb/2017/06/29/kansas-city-chiefs-john-dorsey-fired-nfl-notebook

• The four-year, $48 million extension with left tackle Eric Fisher in August 2016. At the time of signing, Fisher had failed to entrench himself at the left tackle spot he was drafted to play. In fact, Fisher lost the job to Donald Stephenson during the 2015 season, and Fisher was flipped to the right side. The Chiefs still did the big contract, despite having a year left on Fisher’s rookie deal, and an option year after that.

• The five-year, $41.25 million deal for guard Laurent Duvernay-Tardif in February. This deal came, like Fisher’s, in Duvernay-Tardif’s first offseason eligible for a second contract. Meanwhile, the Justin Houston and Eric Berry contract talks simmered—cap guru Trip MacCracken was let go last month—and the team has spent the past couple years perilously close to the salary cap.

Those were his dudes that he drafted, so they got their money first - salary cap be damned.

4 hours ago, bruceb said:

I see it more like Goff/Rosen, Wentz/Allen and Big Ben/Darnold draft.

I will take Big Ben.

No offense, and I really mean that, but Darnolds comp is definitely not Big Ben, in my opinion. Ben is taller, bigger, shrugs off tacklers to extend plays, and a big arm. Darnold has an average to above average arm; many of his throws look a tick slow to me, but he has good anticipation. Id argue Baker and Rosen easily have better arms. Darnold runs around in the backfield to extend plays, but aint shrugging off guys. I can honestly say, I see no simularities between the two. Although both are caucasian.

Still love ya Bruce.

4 hours ago, ditchdigger said:

You're not wrong.

https://www.si.com/mmqb/2017/06/29/kansas-city-chiefs-john-dorsey-fired-nfl-notebook

Those were his dudes that he drafted, so they got their money first - salary cap be damned.

At least he was willing to sign his own dudes. I wonder where this team would be if they would of given 2nd contracts to the actually good players they drafted like Ward, Sheard, Schwartz, TBen, and etc

There are going to be pros and cons to any GM guy. There isn’t a perfect GM out there. Hopefully he learned from his mistakes, maybe Reid had more say, maybe they needed a better cap guy. Who knows. 

I rather the browns have a money issues than a losing issue lol

46 minutes ago, buno67 said:

At least he was willing to sign his own dudes. I wonder where this team would be if they would of given 2nd contracts to the actually good players they drafted like Ward, Sheard, Schwartz, TBen, and etc

4-12? 6-10?

We seemed to lose just fine when they were here...

36 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

4-12? 6-10?

We seemed to lose just fine when they were here...

Yeah but what about being able to build upon them or around them?

never gonna win if you have continue rotations at certain positions, specially if that rotation was created cause you let good guys go. 

So browns are spending picks on positions they should of already had filled. 

Say the browns kept Schwartz, so instead of drafting Coleman at #76 the browns go after say Kendall Fuller or Braxton Miller, guys drafted a couple picks after Coleman. 

Not signing our actually good talent has just caused some major holes, holes that weren’t necessary. 

Just now, buno67 said:

Yeah but what about being able to build upon them or around them?

never gonna win if you have continue rotations at certain positions, specially if that rotation was created cause you let good guys go. 

So browns are spending picks on positions they should of already had filled. 

Say the browns kept Schwartz, so instead of drafting Coleman at #76 the browns go after say Kendall Fuller or Braxton Miller, guys drafted a couple picks after Coleman. 

Not signing our actually good talent has just caused some major holes, holes that weren’t necessary. 

Don't disagree per se, but there's definitely an assumption that they wanted to stay.

From all reports Benjamin was never coming back, didn't even care to hear the offers.

Schwartz wanted to squeeze every dime from them and the front office set a good precedent in how they do business.  Free agency doesn't work well for a team if they consisitency pay top of the market value and then some.

I'm sure some did, but this is what happens when teams lack continuity.  Good thing we're working on regime number 4 in 5 years....

Archived