John Dorsey named GM

hornbybrown

12 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

Ok so you people that can’t stand sashi. You realize we’re a QB, RB and WR away from being 8-8?  We can get a qb this year. Deep at rb so we can get one this year. Wr is a bit weak but maybe we can get one thru FA. We built up the defense last year. I believe in sashis plan that we were going offense this year. One side at a time, no? Holy overreactions Haslam. LeSigh. 

Add HC to this list and we're playoff bound. 

12 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

So you have no issues with cutting Collins, Ogbah, Garrett, Peppers, Shobert, Njoku, Tretter, Zeitler, Kizer, Nassib, DeValve, BBC, Taylor, McCourty, etc... and giving up the extra picks that we have this year from trades?

Pshhhh I don’t see no real players in there. 

12 hours ago, ditchdigger said:

Dorsey already lost me.

Hue still being employed on January 2nd will end my 30 year tenure as Browns fan.

I have already chosen my new team.  Came into existence the same year I was born, switched from AFC to NFC just like I will, and owned by a billionaire who is the polar opposite of Jimmy Haslam.

Order saved to desktop, just waiting for confirmation.  Lord knows their forum could use some new blood (509 posts at this time).

ff_2633518_full.jpg&w=340

lol Seattle starting to get worst every year . Legion of doom gone I wouldn't be surprised if next year they where an 6-10 team 

23 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

So you have no issues with cutting Collins, Ogbah, Garrett, Peppers, Shobert, Njoku, Tretter, Zeitler, Kizer, Nassib, DeValve, BBC, Taylor, McCourty, etc... and giving up the extra picks that we have this year from trades?

When your plan is still stuck in demo or laying of foundaion mode your not building anything. Hey the blue print to winning looks nice just like the blue prints to the house I am building looks nice. 

Collins, Garrett, Ogbah, Njoku, and others look nice on the blue print PAPER but when the wins start coming then I’ll conside demo over and they are starting to build. 

We can look at all those players and envision what the house is going to look but until we are waiting.

sashi might of put up some frame work but that doesn’t really do much. Just gave a little hope. I want to see Dorsey frame the outside, board the walls, and put the roof up! 

22 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

What's there to destroy?  Everybody is 24 years old with like 2 years left on their deal.  They are gonna at least tryout for the team.  I feel like this is the best time to capitalize on our resources, trade up some instead of down in the draft, spend some money, and attempt to field a good team.  By virtue of current contracts, overall age our team, upcoming draft picks we will still be one of the youngest in the league.  It would be better to know who guys like Ogbah, Schobert, Shelton, BBC, Colemans, etc. are on a good football team instead of being a clown show for 3 years and losing intelligence on the youth we have because they could never "figure it out". 

I'm not saying that wasn't Sashi's plan.  But we know that being better was definitely a goal this year, something that shouldnt have been that hard since we had a ton of cap space and draft picks LAST off-season as well.  And honestly, we were 1-15, how the f do you manage to get worse than that?  If we fired Hue instead or as well I would be singing the same song.

Did the roster get worse tho?

We returned our best QB, at least statistically, and proceeded to bench him/keep him inactive as well as added the most physically gifted qb we've had since our return.

We improved the talent at RG, C, RT (through maturation), TE, DE, DT, MLB (again, through maturation), CB and safety.

OLB and RB are essentially the same/equal.

WR you could argue is worse, but not significantly and sure as hell not these last 5 games.

I get this isn't a Super Bowl roster, but it's not without talent and it sure as hell is good enough to win a few games, especially considering they have continued to play hard.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Did the roster get worse tho?

We returned our best QB, at least statistically, and proceeded to bench him/keep him inactive as well as added the most physically gifted qb we've had since our return.

We improved the talent at RG, C, RT (through maturation), TE, DE, DT, MLB (again, through maturation), CB and safety.

OLB and RB are essentially the same/equal.

WR you could argue is worse, but not significantly and sure as hell not these last 5 games.

I get this isn't a Super Bowl roster, but it's not without talent and it sure as hell is good enough to win a few games, especially considering they have continued to play hard.

The roster didn't significantly improve it got younger.  I don't think our S, MLB, RG, TE spots can be considered much more or less lateral moves performance wise.  CB and DT you're kind of splitting hairs too.  Once again, most of these kids will have a chance next year to prove themselves against stiffer competition, a lot of JAGs on other teams played a lot better, a lot of JAGs that Sashi let go played a lot better.

11 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

The roster didn't significantly improve it got younger.  I don't think our S, MLB, RG, TE spots can be considered much more or less lateral moves performance wise.  CB and DT you're kind of splitting hairs too.  Once again, most of these kids will have a chance next year to prove themselves against stiffer competition, a lot of JAGs on other teams played a lot better, a lot of JAGs that Sashi let go played a lot better.

It did get younger, but the talent level also improved.

Jabril is far more talented than anyone we had last season at safety, it's not Sashi's fault the coaching staff is woefully mismanaging him. 

Greco and Zeitler is a lateral move?? Gary Garbage is as talented as Njoku?

Who did we have last year at DT that played as well as Ogunjobi has?

You're either blind or lying to yourself if you think the talent level didn't improve.

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

It did get younger, but the talent level also improved.

Jabril is far more talented than anyone we had last season at safety, it's not Sashi's fault the coaching staff is woefully mismanaging him. 

Greco and Zeitler is a lateral move?? Gary Garbage is as talented as Njoku?

Who did we have last year at DT that played as well as Ogunjobi has?

You're either blind or lying to yourself if you think the talent level didn't improve.

You just put a lot of stock in talent, I put a lot of stock in results.  Jabrill was never a good safety in college, he was a good LB, but Ed Reynolds, Jordan Poyer, Nacua....those guys are better players for how we use him.  It's hard to argue playing him over Kindred in the box.  So he remains positionless, his biggest knack in college.

Gary Barnridge was a better player last year than Njoku is now.  I believe Njoku will become better for us than Barnridge, I dont mind letting him go, but we aren't currently better.

Zietler is solid as Greco was solid.  You aren't winning or losing games with either.

DT we've legit improved and it shows in our run d.

It's splitting hairs man.  It's viewing the young guys with rose colored glasses because they are young and dismissing the players who actually produce.  Most of the best players even on this team are veterans.

21 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

You just put a lot of stock in talent, I put a lot of stock in results.  Jabrill was never a good safety in college, he was a good LB, but Ed Reynolds, Jordan Poyer, Nacua....those guys are better players for how we use him.  It's hard to argue playing him over Kindred in the box.  So he remains positionless, his biggest knack in college.

So of all the things he DID show he could do in college, the only thing we adopted was using him as a PR. Sound like a talent issue? How about using him to spark our anemic offense?

Gary Barnridge was a better player last year than Njoku is now.  I believe Njoku will become better for us than Barnridge, I dont mind letting him go, but we aren't currently better.

Interesting take considering Barnidge is out of the league.

Zietler is solid as Greco was solid.  You aren't winning or losing games with either.

I'll wait for someone to agree that they were equal players, that's simply not the case.

DT we've legit improved and it shows in our run d.

It's splitting hairs man.  It's viewing the young guys with rose colored glasses because they are young and dismissing the players who actually produce.  Most of the best players even on this team are veterans.

I'm not dismissing anything, young guys do get some benefit of the doubt, but it's not as if we let Jerry Rice walk in the middle of his prime.  

Of ccourse the best players are vets, but that's not to say that rookies and young guys can't outproduce fringe vets if put in a reasonable position to do so.

Jabril is the clearest example possible of a coaching staff that has clearly thumbed its nose at the front office, to no ones benefit.

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

So of all the things he DID show he could do in college, the only thing we adopted was using him as a PR. Sound like a talent issue? How about using him to spark our anemic offense?

Interesting take considering Barnidge is out of the league.

I'll wait for someone to agree that they were equal players, that's simply not the case.

I'm not dismissing anything, young guys do get some benefit of the doubt, but it's not as if we let Jerry Rice walk in the middle of his prime.  

Of ccourse the best players are vets, but that's not to say that rookies and young guys can't outproduce fringe vets if put in a reasonable position to do so.

Jabril is the clearest example possible of a coaching staff that has clearly thumbed its nose at the front office, to no ones benefit.

He showed he was a good LB, which he's too undersized to play in the NFL, and a good support safety, which we already have a better one.  I don't know where on this defense you would fit Jabrill that would turn him into the superstar you insist he is.  Oh and he was a good wildcat QB...should we try him there?

Barnridge isn't in the league because he's old and marginal.  Njoku and Devalve are young and marginal, as they were expected to be.  That doesn't become a roster improvement until they play better.

8 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

He showed he was a good LB, which he's too undersized to play in the NFL, and a good support safety, which we already have a better one.  I don't know where on this defense you would fit Jabrill that would turn him into the superstar you insist he is.  Oh and he was a good wildcat QB...should we try him there?

Straw man.... I'm not even mad that he's playing safety, I'm mad he's the only safety in the league playing 25 yards off the ball.

Why not use him as a gadget player on offense/slot/RB?  Dude's an explosive athlete and has shown the ability to do it in college.

Barnridge isn't in the league because he's old and marginal.  Njoku and Devalve are young and marginal, as they were expected to be.  That doesn't become a roster improvement until they play better.

Njoku, from day 1, offered more matchup problems than Barnidge. Njoku has managed twice the TD's despite significantly worse qb play.

14 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Straw man.... I'm not even mad that he's playing safety, I'm mad he's the only safety in the league playing 25 yards off the ball.

Why not use him as a gadget player on offense/slot/RB?  Dude's an explosive athlete and has shown the ability to do it in college.

Njoku, from day 1, offered more matchup problems than Barnidge. Njoku has managed twice the TD's despite significantly worse qb play.

Okay where on defense do you want him to play?  FS 12 yards off the ball?  You think he'd be good there?

Half the receptions.  Half the yards.  None of the blocking. More penalties.  Half the playing time.  He's a project player at a position that doesn't usually produce year 1, no teams are losing sleep because of David Njoku.  Barnridge 2016-Njoku 17 is a lateral move at best.  Next.

3 hours ago, big poppa pump said:

We got Kirksey, Shelton, Bitonio, and Duke from Farmer....should we have kept him?

I mean let's be real here...when the team starts winning, the HC and GM will start to get some credit.

No, because Farmer built the oldest and most expensive defense that was not even top 20 in the league.

And because he drafted Johnny, Gilbert and Erving.

Archived