John Dorsey named GM

hornbybrown

4 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Whatever it would have taken.

Your quote ("Anyone still thinking he wasn’t worth the price?") implies that there was a price we wouldn't meet or beat.

I am just wondering what that price was, and your source.

5 minutes ago, bruceb said:

And are you saying that we wouldn't meet or beat that?

And, if so, how do you know that?

If sf gave uo a 2...isnt it reasonable to assume new england would prefer multiple 2s?  A first?  The word was they didnt want to deal within the afc...or at least the price would be steeper...methinks we could have made a better offer...they traded collins to us...unless that deal left a bad taste in their mouth...(which ultimately would fall on sashi)..then we should have been in on this

3 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

If sf gave uo a 2...isnt it reasonable to assume new england would prefer multiple 2s?  A first?  The word was they didnt want to deal within the afc...or at least the price would be steeper...methinks we could have made a better offer...they traded collins to us...unless that deal left a bad taste in their mouth...(which ultimately would fall on sashi)..then we should have been in on this

I think it is as simple as they wanted to ship him somewhere out of the conference to an organization that they respected, and that they did not respect ours.

Simplistic to pin most/all of it on Sashi.

1 minute ago, bruceb said:

I think it is as simple as they wanted to ship him somewhere out of the conference to an organization that they respected, and that they did not respect ours.

Simplistic to pin most/all of it on Sashi.

Maybe asking for more because it was an afc team makes sense....although its not even the same division...but why in the hell would new england not accept a better offer because they dont respect the organization?  That is utterly stupid...

6 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

Maybe asking for more because it was an afc team makes sense....although its not even the same division...but why in the hell would new england not accept a better offer because they dont respect the organization?  That is utterly stupid...

It is integrity.

If I respected the player, I would rather send him almost anywhere other than to a team with a culture as toxic as ours, even for lesser value in return.

6 minutes ago, bruceb said:

It is integrity.

If I respected the player, I would rather send him almost anywhere other than to a team with a culture as toxic as ours, even for lesser value in return.

Sooooo...new england would rather not improve their team if it means making the person they are gettin rid of sad.....mmmmmkay...yet they did it to collins just two years ago...yaGood makes sense

The same team that cheated in the super bowl has integrity...thats rich...lol

3 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

Sooooo...new england would rather not improve their team if it means making the person they are gettin rid of sad.....mmmmmkay...yet they did it to collins just two years ago...yaGood makes sense

The same team that cheated in the super bowl has integrity...thats rich...lol

These are some jumbled thoughts.

I will try to unjumble them.

First, "if it means making the person they are gettin rid of sad" is something you injected.

It's not about how anyone will feel; it's about putting them into a good place for them.

Second, unless you know otherwise, I highly doubt that the Hoodie's attachment to/relationship with Collins was anywhere near what they were with Jimmy G.

Word was that Collins didn't always toe the line in NE's D system.

Third, Deflategate was overblown (that's a funny juxtaposition, don't you think?).

Different plane, too.

Footballs vs. people.

Just to throw in on the Jimmy G situation - if you believe the Schefty theory, then Cleveland never really had a shot because Jimmy G was never on market. Schefty stated that he believes that the Pats realized that they had to move him at the deadline because they coudln't get an extension. 49ers were out of conference, BB has a certain respect for Shanny and Lynch etc, so the trade just fell into the 49ers lap. BB called the 49ers and asked if they had interest, 49ers said yes, and 5 minutes later there was a trade. I don't think that Jimmy G was ever actively "put out there" for the Browns to even offer on. It just so happened that the 49ers were the team BB wanted to call first, and then it was done. All guesswork by Schefty, though. 

1 minute ago, bruceb said:

These are some jumbled thoughts.

I will try to unjumble them.

First, "if it means making the person they are gettin rid of sad" is something you injected.

It's not about how anyone will feel; it's about putting them into a good place for them.

Second, unless you know otherwise, I highly doubt that the Hoodie's attachment to/relationship with Collins was anywhere near what they were with Jimmy G.

Word was that Collins didn't always toe the line in NE's D system.

Third, Deflategate was overblown (that's a funny juxtaposition, don't you think?).

Different plane, too.

Footballs vs. people.

Well you were talkin about integrity...most ppl-teams..that have integrity dont cheat...

Lets just say i completely disagree that a team (especially hoodies team)  wouldnt try to make the best deal possible for themselves

If the rumors are true, Garoppolo was never going to be a Brown.

Iirc we offered the 12th pick before the draft and they said no.  Part of it was his agent didn't want him playing here and he represents other players and they didn't want to make an issue for minimal improvement in value, again, if the rumors were true.

Lastly, to the "Sashi went home early that day" nonsense, it's 2017, folks have everything they need to make a trade happen in their pockets. 

Archived