We Can Still Crack the Top Ten

MacReady

Just now, Zycho32 said:

I thought of him as an example, since he met the criteria- Houston traded for him... though wasn't it at a price much steeper than a mere 1st Rounder?

yeah, it was a couple 1st I think.   Just not sure why Houston would trade a LT when they have a potential franchise QB in Stroud to protect.  

1 minute ago, ReasonablySober said:

You want me to guess at which team is willing to trade offensive lineman and which lineman are available now? 

Okay, they should trade for Lane Johnson. 

???

I am asking you to put some thought into what you are posting.  Saying GB should trade for a LT vs drafting a LT in the top 10 is fine, but without names and the rationale for the team that would be trading said LT is the next step to the conversation.  

Just now, squire12 said:

I am asking you to put some thought into what you are posting.  Saying GB should trade for a LT vs drafting a LT in the top 10 is fine, but without names and the rationale for the team that would be trading said LT is the next step to the conversation.  

That's fine, ask me next April. I'm speaking from a historical perspective you don't even have to go that far to mine. The bust rate on OTs in the first round is exceptionally high. 

4 minutes ago, squire12 said:

All Gute has to do is fire up his XBox and turn on Madden and he can see everyone on the trade block, then he just offers a 2nd for the best one, and if it doesn't go through he can just turn the force trade on.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

This is such a dumb comment I almost admire it.

I'd wonder what the mods are up to around here but they're in on being total di*ks. 

I've posted here an enormous list of very recent first round busts at the position. If you'd like to argue against what I said, go ahead. But what you're doing is lame.  

2 minutes ago, ReasonablySober said:

That's fine, ask me next April. I'm speaking from a historical perspective you don't even have to go that far to mine. The bust rate on OTs in the first round is exceptionally high. 

is the bust rate on OT much different than other positions?  like WR, QB, etc?