Raiders Rookie Watch

Darbsk

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.silverandblackpride.com/2023/12/27/24016741/raiders-rookie-watch-tyree-wilson-chiefs-week-16

Another disappointing week for the rookies.

Wilson flashed a little and seems to have found a bit of a role and maybe becomes an Arik Armstead type player moving forward, he made a few decent impact plays at least. Maybe the injury is not fully at 100% but he simply at this point in time us not urgent enough on the outside.

Mayer, to me has been our best rookie but obviously missed the last game.

Byron Young again a healthy scratch. Looks like as we feared he was overdrafted by at least a couple rounds. In fairness, Jenkins, Nicholls and Butler have stepped up their game and at least look like NFL DTs now. With Wilson playing inside too Young us getting squeezed out.

Tucker has figured more the last few weeks and made some nice impact plays, another bright spot in an increasingly bleak rookie class.

Bennett has gone from starter to ST player, partly due to the addition of Jack Jones who’s been a revelation. He’s a player who needs coaching though so long term outlook is promising.

O’Connell had a rough night and I think it’s clear now that he’s maybe backup material unless he shows a remarkable improvement. Still decent for a 4th round pick though.

Smith and Burney were on STs only and Silvera demoted to practice squad, with Pierce coaching for his future now and the potential of playoffs it’s probably a safe bet that the rookies won’t be thrown in unless needed with injuries.

Looking to be a more and more disappointing draft class by the week sadly. Still, it’s only year one and the lower drafted guys do take some time usually. Or is that just clutching at straws………….?

On 12/28/2023 at 4:36 AM, Darbsk said:

https://www.silverandblackpride.com/2023/12/27/24016741/raiders-rookie-watch-tyree-wilson-chiefs-week-16

Wilson flashed a little and seems to have found a bit of a role and maybe becomes an Arik Armstead type player moving forward, he made a few decent impact plays at least. Maybe the injury is not fully at 100% but he simply at this point in time us not urgent enough on the outside.

Byron Young again a healthy scratch. Looks like as we feared he was overdrafted by at least a couple rounds. In fairness, Jenkins, Nicholls and Butler have stepped up their game and at least look like NFL DTs now. With Wilson playing inside too Young us getting squeezed out.

Tucker has figured more the last few weeks and made some nice impact plays, another bright spot in an increasingly bleak rookie class.

Bennett has gone from starter to ST player, partly due to the addition of Jack Jones who’s been a revelation. He’s a player who needs coaching though so long term outlook is promising.

O’Connell had a rough night and I think it’s clear now that he’s maybe backup material unless he shows a remarkable improvement. Still decent for a 4th round pick though.

Smith and Burney were on STs only and Silvera demoted to practice squad, with Pierce coaching for his future now and the potential of playoffs it’s probably a safe bet that the rookies won’t be thrown in unless needed with injuries.

Looking to be a more and more disappointing draft class by the week sadly. Still, it’s only year one and the lower drafted guys do take some time usually. Or is that just clutching at straws………….?

Bennett looks like he's a disaster on par with Tyree. To go from starter to your team being so desperate you force them to look to the waiver wire for help at your position doesn't bode well for him. Raiders hit the lottery with Jones. 

16 hours ago, PhillyRaider said:

Bennett looks like he's a disaster on par with Tyree. To go from starter to your team being so desperate you force them to look to the waiver wire for help at your position doesn't bode well for him. Raiders hit the lottery with Jones. 

The issue was starting Bennett in the first place, not often do 4th round rookie CBs ball out. Depth piece is what you would expect, same goes for AOC. 

• Like 2

On 12/28/2023 at 1:36 AM, Darbsk said:

I think it's way too early to say. Ultimately, between tucker mayer and wilson I think we will have 3 quality starters.

• Like 3

On 12/29/2023 at 6:28 PM, PhillyRaider said:

I think that’s a bit harsh on Bennett. Jack Jones was a pretty highly regarded player last year who became available through off field or maturity issues rather than on field talent. Bennett was probably thrust into the starting lineup too soon but he’s got something to work with. He may be one that takes a year or two to learn the nuances I feel.

• Like 1