State of Titans convo: Non-game specific

deeluxx3

9 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

The Ravens Playoff game broke me as a fan and person. lol I had to truly reevalutae how sports impacted my life. lol

Tanny with the INTs was just like "really."  Stupid team. lol

it's "unfair", but Tanny's Bengals game literally soured damn near everything about him for me

that is the game that broke me as a fan and person, esp w/ AJ trade months after

Loss to Ravens in 08/09 divisional was also horrendous 

I was only like 9 for the first 13-3 loss to BAL after SB year. It hurt but not as deeply as the other 2 games due to age

The Bengals game tho...changed me.

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

The Ravens Playoff game broke me as a fan and person. lol I had to truly reevalutae how sports impacted my life. lol

Tanny with the INTs was just like "really."  Stupid team. lol

yeah the ravens game was the big one for me too. bengals was just like, whatever, this is what this stupid team does lol

• Like 1

4 hours ago, deeluxx3 said:

If Im remembering the article correctly, Vrabel wasn't among the top 3 for ATL, either. It was Morris, Macdonald, Slowik

Report came out he would’ve had the job Robert Kraft called blank & told him he’s power hungry 

12 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Hey. If Levis doesn't work out. Bout time we get rid of him. Arch Manning should be ready to come out. Lol 

Could always trade Jeffrey Simmons for a haul to get him.

I've actually been wondering lately if they might do something like that Thursday to get MHJ or Alt lmao.

Edited by Kookie23

59 minutes ago, Kookie23 said:

Could always trade Jeffrey Simmons for a haul to get him.

I've actually been wondering lately if they might do something like that Thursday to get MHJ or Alt lmao.

I hope not. It would be a really stupid thing to do.

19 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I hope not. It would be a really stupid thing to do.

You could make the argument that trading a proven player for a potentially great player is silly, sure. 

But he plays defense.  And we all know defense doesn't matter. lol. 

We got Sneed for a 3rd didn't we? It would be really, really funny to get Sneed for nothing and turn a Simmons trade into a potential 10 year offensive starter.

If only we lived in Madden.

24 minutes ago, Kookie23 said:

You could make the argument that trading a proven player for a potentially great player is silly, sure. 

But he plays defense.  And we all know defense doesn't matter. lol. 

We got Sneed for a 3rd didn't we? It would be really, really funny to get Sneed for nothing and turn a Simmons trade into a potential 10 year offensive starter.

If only we lived in Madden.

It would be an incredibly stupid move to trade away one of our only standout defensive players, and the only good DL we have, to move up like three spots in the draft. Even if it is for MHJ. If it’s for Alt it’s even worse because there’s a good chance we get him at 7 anyway.

Like, Amy would be justified firing Ran the next day.

Defense doesn’t matter 😑, the chiefs traded sneed not because defense doesn’t matter, but because their cap strap & he’s not a cornerstone player. Notice they paid chris Jones new money. 

Edited by TitanRedd

Yeah those *checks notes* 8 playoff wins we've had in 25 years, really shows just how important a defensive mindset really is. 

We went 6-11 last year because points win football games. We only scored 17.9

Give me the haul! I'll take 10 years of 10 TDs/year over 7 sacks/year.

I really hope Callahan brings this fanbase out of the Stone Age. He'll be the GOAT if he does.

Edited by Kookie23

1 hour ago, Kookie23 said:

Yeah those *checks notes* 8 playoff wins we've had in 25 years, really shows just how important a defensive mindset really is. 

I really hope Callahan brings this fanbase out of the Stone Age. He'll be the GOAT if he does.

No sh!+ we know we struggled offensively but at the end of the day you have to score more point than the other team & how do you do that if defense doesn’t matter, you have to stop the opposing team from scoring doesn’t matter how nuclear your offense is, if your defense can’t stop the opposing team it’s gone be a long game 

1 hour ago, Kookie23 said:

You say that like we’ve had a great defense for 25 years.

There’s been a lot of dumb things said in this subforum, but saying it’s a good idea to send Jeff Simmons to someone just to move up for Joe Alt or MHJ is right off the bat one of the all time dumbest.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Daniel said:

You say that like we’ve had a great defense for 25 years.

There’s been a lot of dumb things said in this subforum, but saying it’s a good idea to send Jeff Simmons to someone just to move up for Joe Alt or MHJ is right off the bat one of the all time dumbest.

Notice the chiefs have traded arguably the best WR’s in football that makes their offense a madden cheat code, but they ain’t tried to not pay Chris Jones or trade him