State of Titans convo: Non-game specific

deeluxx3

3 hours ago, renndawg37 said:

Who are some realistic options in free agency this offseason? Team badly needs an infusion of talent on both sides of the ball. 

Everyone in FA should be realistic options with the amount of cap they’re projected to have. Now them actually going out and spending remains to be seen. A top 10 list for me…

1.) Tee Higgins

2.) Mike Evans

3.) Trent Brown

4.) Michael Onwenu

5.) L’Jarius Sneed

6.) Brian Burns

7.) Justin Madubuike

8.) Jaylon Johnson

9.) Michael Pittman 

10.) Patrick Queen

Our offense sucks for sure but we definitely need a lot more talent on defense as well especially in the secondary. 

Probably half of this list will be resigned and I didn’t even bother including Chris Jones.

Edited by ttitansfan4life
  • Like 1

based on availability i'd say it makes sense to load up on defense in FA and offense in the draft. drop a bag for a l'jarius sneed or jaylon johnson, try to add some pieces at edge/IDL/off-ball LB as well. there will likely be some interesting options there. offense is much more boom-or-bust. you might have tee higgins, you might not. tackle situation is a mess. couple of good IOLs, but tackle is so much more pressing for us.

• 1 month later...
11 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Would anyone trade D-Hop?

Maybe a 4th. Don't know what he is worth. 

Yes. Especially if we think we can build the OL through the later rounds of the draft and FA with Callahan Sr at the helm. Odunze or Malik in R1, followed by another WR in say, R4.

7 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Trade DHop?

Have you seen what our WR depth chart looks like?

Yeah, trading him doesn't make sense to me. Levis and him have a connection and we still need some veterans to show these young guys how it is supposed to be done. Hopkins is still a beast. 

10 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Would anyone trade D-Hop?

Maybe a 4th. Don't know what he is worth. 

There is not a single world in which you trade D Hop. He’s the only receiver on the roster Levis has shown chemistry with and also the only vet in the group that has experienced a coaching and system change. Even if you were to sign a starter and draft a receiver, you can never have too many ultra reliable options around a young QB.

• Like 1

Yeah, you keep Hopkins unless the offer is like a first or (maybe) second rounder.

He’s by a wide margin the bestWR on our roster, even before free agency. Without him it’s what, Kyle Phillips?

A fourth rounder usually gets you a rotational player, maybe a future starter (outside of a couple of positions like RB), if you hit, and that’s way less valuable than Hopkins.

• Like 1

Love him, but I would for a second or third, I think for a fourth I would rather hold on. Time to get younger though. He will most likely be around for one year, I am building for the future. We have cap space to fill options in the pass game along with the picks we would have if we traded him. Feel like we got lucky with him being healthy last year as well, he will be 32 next year and wouldnt be shocked if injuries come back.