State of Titans convo: Non-game specific

deeluxx3

2 hours ago, Daniel said:

Yeah, you keep Hopkins unless the offer is like a first or (maybe) second rounder.

He’s by a wide margin the bestWR on our roster, even before free agency. Without him it’s what, Kyle Phillips?

A fourth rounder usually gets you a rotational player, maybe a future starter (outside of a couple of positions like RB), if you hit, and that’s way less valuable than Hopkins.

Exactly. Unless it's a 2nd in the top half of the round or better, you keep Hopkins.

this is in regards to the Brinker interview

Not to pile on PK...but as a guy who's been critical of Carthon (pro analytics) and has known the Titans were super behind-the-times in the JRob/Vrabel era...isn't it YOUR job to find out "what the hell they've been doing"? lol

(unless he did an investigative report on this and I missed it)

On 2/4/2024 at 1:28 PM, Justin615$ said:

If he wanted out I'd take a 2nd for him. Not much less. Maybe like a 3rd and 6th or something. That's only if he wanted out though.

You not getting a 2nd for D Hop this stage of his career, possible you get a 3rd from a contender, needing a solid #2 your best bet will be a 4th rd, what we gave up for Demarco, for Tannehill. 

Thought this would be fun among the fandom, based off the thread in NFL Gen:

If you would go back in time and turn any of our draft pick busts and turn them into good players, who would you pick? My mind immediately went to the 3 QBs (Vince Young, Jake Locker, Marcus Mariota) we've drafted in the last 20 years, but I was having some trouble of who to pick among the 3. I was thinking Vince at first, but I really don't know.

4 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

If you would go back in time and turn any of our draft pick busts and turn them into good players, who would you pick? My mind immediately went to the 3 QBs (Vince Young, Jake Locker, Marcus Mariota) we've drafted in the last 20 years, but I was having some trouble of who to pick among the 3. I was thinking Vince at first, but I really don't know.

i think it's gotta be vince because a good vince young turns that 2008 team into an absolute juggernaut. i mean hell, they got the 1 seed with kerry collins, can you imagine that team with VY hitting his full potential, a rookie chris johnson in the backfield and that elite defense led by prime haynesworth? that's a super bowl team even with how bad the receivers were.

i will say though- i wouldn't choose him, but an interesting one is isaiah wilson, because if he hits that changes the entire trajectory of our drafts in subsequent years and there's a good chance both jon robinson *and* mike vrabel are both still here.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, seminoles1 said:

VY my favorite college player ever, Tyrone Calico, Zach brown, Caleb Farley for me. Zach brown literally had everything to be 1 of the best LB in the league except the want to be, from articles I read he wasn’t a student of the game & just didn’t care to put in the extra work to do the lil things. Tyrone Calico I thought was gone be our poor man version of Randy moss our plexico. He had it all 6’4 218 ran 4.34 could jump 😫😭. Caleb I mean who don’t want to see him win how could you not root for him.

26 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Vince, easily. Titans were a good team and had been for years, so a good Vince likely keeps us in playoff contention through the 2000s and into the early 2010s.

A competent Vince maybe gets us a Super Bowl win. That team that Kerry Collins took in the playoffs!?

Vince. Chris Johnson. Lendale White. 

We could have been Baltimore/Lamar before it even happened. 

I know it's frustrating that Skoronski is likely going to be our LG the next 10 years and not our next LT

But...after watching last night...you can't discredit how important interior OL passblocking is in today's NFL. Obviously the edges are where the money is made...but with guys like Chris Jones, Simmons, Quinnen Williams able to just wreck games...the interior OL is becoming more and more of a premium.

Worth an early first round pick? Very debatable. But 4 years down the line I think we'll be very happy we have Peter Skoronski at LG. 

39 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

I know it's frustrating that Skoronski is likely going to be our LG the next 10 years and not our next LT

But...after watching last night...you can't discredit how important interior OL passblocking is in today's NFL. Obviously the edges are where the money is made...but with guys like Chris Jones, Simmons, Quinnen Williams able to just wreck games...the interior OL is becoming more and more of a premium.

Worth an early first round pick? Very debatable. But 4 years down the line I think we'll be very happy we have Peter Skoronski at LG. 

Very true, I think he's gonna shine if we manage to put an actual human being next to him.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

Very true, I think he's gonna shine if we manage to put an actual human being next to him.

It will help not having an emergency appendectomy and dropping like 25 pounds as well. Guy is gonna be a beast. 

36 minutes ago, 615finest said:

Doesn’t Rashawn Slater have short arms as well? Why is he able to play tackle but now Skoronski? Even Joe Staley had short arms 

Ive accepted he’s playing guard but just want to knw what the main difference is

Without looking, I'm going to guess athletic ability.  I don't know if Skron is an elite athlete, with movement and such. More technical than athletic.