Week 7: San Francisco 49ers at Minnesota Vikings

J-ALL-DAY

2 hours ago, clarkfn2284 said:

Slow down Mattison, make Kirk move the ball slowly down the field and the mistake will come. On offense if Trent doesn't play Hunter may be a problem. Outside of that Minnesota shouldn't have the guys to match up man on man like Cleveland did and if Deebo and CMC play the Niners should walk away with it. I think we will learn something this week with Brock. Coming off a loss this team should be more intentional with all that they do including Brock. I expect Brock with the extra day and coming off a loss to be sharp.

Niners win 34-13

The Vikings will do the bolded for us. They're last in the league in rushing attempts. They're essentially a one-dimensional team. 

Kirk is going to throw the ball 45 times and they'll hand it off about 10-15 times. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

The Vikings will do the bolded for us. They're last in the league in rushing attempts. They're essentially a one-dimensional team. 

Kirk is going to throw the ball 45 times and they'll hand it off about 10-15 times. 

Agree, but Mattison when given the opportunity throughout a game has done ok. He's extremely inefficient, but if he sees 18 carries something went wrong.

18 minutes ago, clarkfn2284 said:

Agree, but Mattison when given the opportunity throughout a game has done ok. He's extremely inefficient, but if he sees 18 carries something went wrong.

That's true. I wouldn't be surprised if they run it less than 15 times and Kirk flirts with 50 attempts.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a stat line like this for Kirk: 30/48, 320 yards, 2 TDs 2 INTs, sacked 3 times. 

I think we end up winning something like 30-17.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, NinerNation21 said:

And 49ers defense leads the league in interceptions with 10  😃

Hock v Kittle on National Tight Ends day! What a gift

Today is the first day of practice for the week so let's see if our top guns get out there today or not. I still want them to be cautious and get these guys healthy going forward, especially Trent and Deebo. 

Greenlaw will be back though and that's going to be a big help on the defensive side.

A few weeks left until the trade deadline and I still think we have one more move in us. Hunter? Burns? CB? We shall see!  

57 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

A few weeks left until the trade deadline and I still think we have one more move in us. Hunter? Burns? CB? We shall see!  

I'll be curious to see if they bring in Desmond King.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Today is the first day of practice for the week so let's see if our top guns get out there today or not. I still want them to be cautious and get these guys healthy going forward, especially Trent and Deebo. 

Greenlaw will be back though and that's going to be a big help on the defensive side.

If CMC is questionable this week and it's a toss up, I'd prefer them to just rest him. Everyone else should be either probable or full-go.

14 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

As expected but let's see if either of them will be limited tomorrow or not.

If I had to guess, CMC is going to practice and will not want to miss the game. I don't know how I feel about that. The other two need to rest up though.

Isn't Minnesota turf, too?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Forge said:

Banks and Greenlaw did not practice today either. 

Shanny is so damn smug when it comes to reporting these injuries and the severity of them. When talking about CMC's injury, he was asked if it was a strain or something and he said I don't know what it is but he is day to day and that's all I know.

You can tell Mostert was right when he said Shanny pretty much looks at you in disgust if you can't go when he he thinks you can or should. 

On 10/18/2023 at 1:22 PM, clarkfn2284 said:

Slow down Mattison, make Kirk move the ball slowly down the field and the mistake will come. On offense if Trent doesn't play Hunter may be a problem. Outside of that Minnesota shouldn't have the guys to match up man on man like Cleveland did and if Deebo and CMC play the Niners should walk away with it. I think we will learn something this week with Brock. Coming off a loss this team should be more intentional with all that they do including Brock. I expect Brock with the extra day and coming off a loss to be sharp.

Niners win 34-13

If the 49ers stand still on defense every run play, I'm certain Mattison can gain 100 yards.

On 50 attempts. Dude runs like he's blind lol

• Like 1

6 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Banks and Greenlaw did not practice today either. 

Shanny is so damn smug when it comes to reporting these injuries and the severity of them. When talking about CMC's injury, he was asked if it was a strain or something and he said I don't know what it is but he is day to day and that's all I know.

You can tell Mostert was right when he said Shanny pretty much looks at you in disgust if you can't go when he he thinks you can or should. 

Man, there are some things about the NFL that don't make any damn sense, but nobody ever questions them.  

Guys playing through injury early in the season is one of them.  The season has so few breaks or chances for guys to heal from the swelling, bruises and strains.  If a guy is favoring one side somehow, the other team will go after it and it will make it worse, or affect something else.  I know they are pro's and they want to play, but there needs to be someone looking after the players long term interest, and someone thinking about the season as a whole.  

I think the overall trend is related to another thing that doesn't make sense.  Firing so many coaches so quickly, but that is a topic for another day.

• Like 1