Week 7: San Francisco 49ers at Minnesota Vikings

J-ALL-DAY

1 hour ago, Steve_DeBerg_Fan_420 said:

I could tell by Trent was out by how Forrester was talking at his press conference.  He was acting like a guy who was way too busy at the last minute.  At least he was just a little frustrated and nervous, not, well, you know.

That was a bad roll and with his age, there is no way he should be going out there on Monday. 

I just wanted Deebo and Trent to be out this week and one is for sure out and the other is likely out. 

I also want to see Purdy deal with some adversity with a trash OL and not all top weapons there. I think the kid responds just fine but now we get to see it.

I wouldn't play CMC either but nothing you can do to convince that man to sit out. And you know Shanny won't sit him out if he's able to go lol. 

31 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

That was a bad roll and with his age, there is no way he should be going out there on Monday. 

I just wanted Deebo and Trent to be out this week and one is for sure out and the other is likely out. 

I also want to see Purdy deal with some adversity with a trash OL and not all top weapons there. I think the kid responds just fine but now we get to see it.

I wouldn't play CMC either but nothing you can do to convince that man to sit out. And you know Shanny won't sit him out if he's able to go lol. 

Yes, I think it is better to test Purdy now than to wait until these things happen in the post season.  Getting film on coaching points is helpful in his development.  I think he will respond this week well also, even if CMC sits.   At this point, I am wondering more about what % of snaps CMC gets more than whether he will play.  You lay out a convincing argument. 

I think with a week to prepare, the team will be more prepared.  Shcwartz threw an infuriating defense at Kyle.  He ran cover 2 or cover 3, but Purdy reads that like a bedtime story.  He played one random dude in man coverage, with zone back.  Like,  who does that?!? It is like a ball kick to Kyle's standard offense.  He also disrupted timing, and had screens covered really well.  Their ability to jam within five yards, then still play in the zones and keep their assignments was impressive.  I don't think that is a game plan a team can just implement.  I think what the Browns do every week, naturally gives Kyle headaches. 

I feel like the Vikings will rush as many people as they need to get Hunter 1 on 1.  This may look more like the Giants game, and McC's ability to play hot against the blitz could really help protect Purdy.  Mitchell is pretty good in the passing game as well.

Trent & Deebo need to sit out the next 2 games + bye & hopefully come back healthy on Nov 12th vs the Jaguars 

McCaffrey's injury isn't that bad but we should be mixing in all other 3 RB's & even Juice should get a couple of carries. 

Not overlooking the Vikings, but we should still be able to win without Trent & Deebo. Vikings were worse than their record last year & better than their record this year.

I think this is a close, one-score W - something like 31-24

16 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Didn't the Giants do the most in history against us just this season?

For a single game, yes (at least since ngs tracking). Flores and the Vikings blitz more than any team in the league year to date, I'm pretty sure. 

In some tracking, their rates are historically high. 

8 minutes ago, Forge said:

For a single game, yes (at least since ngs tracking). Flores and the Vikings blitz more than any team in the league year to date, I'm pretty sure. 

In some tracking, their rates are historically high. 

Well if blitz is coming then it should be alot of bubble screens or the regular RB screen plays. Also look for quick hitters to just move the sticks or get whatever RAC yards are available. Also run the ball if it's working but don't want to get into a pattern where they run on 1st & 2nd down to just set up a 3rd & long passing situation. 

Most elite passing attacks don't fear heavy blitzing teams b/c it means more open receivers downfield to throw to and thus should be ok if the blocking is ok. 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

BIG! He's a game changer for the defense. 

The team still needs to be careful in managing these injuries and remembering what the goal is. More important having everyone healthy for the playoff run opposed to winning a game in October that you likely could even without some of these guys.

Excited to see how Purdy is going to bounce back from last week's game and to see him without Trent/Deebo.