2024 NFL Draft- First Round Pick

BStanRamFan

What do to with our 2024 First Round Pick?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Next season, we will have our first round pick for the first time since 2017. Quarterback's headline this draft and it's being touted as one of the deepest in recent memory. Stafford is playing very well, but at 36 with a laundry list of injuries, is it best to double-down and get him O-line help or finally take a QB?

• Draft LT
    • Draft QB
    • Draft EDGE
    • BPA

14 hours ago, Football_Bachelor08 said:

So with Dotson re-signed, who do you anticipate the Rams selecting in the first round?

The only OT that may be available at that point (and I always tend to expect more than one OT run in the 1st round, so picking where we are isn't reassuing) is Fuaga - and I don't think he makes it to us.  So my expectation is EDGE or CB (and I wouldn't put a trade back past Les either).  I do believe if he's available to us that Les would roll the dice on LL's health risks.  Chop's also a strong possibility where I'm concerned because I think that while he does need some technical refinement, his raw athleticism, first step, and swim move coupled with the (minimum) doubles that AD will draw buy him time to learn and develop on the job while still being productive as a rookie.  And then there's CB - which my gut feeling is we either go after in the 1st or wait until Day 3 as we have recently - and I more-than-halfway expect Les to have a totally different preference among the prospects than I do.  For example, while I'd take Wiggins if-available in a heartbeat, I could actually see Les taking Rakestraw with Wiggins still on the board, or even Renardo Green if Shula opts for less off-coverage and more press-man than Morris did.

15 hours ago, Football_Bachelor08 said:

So with Dotson re-signed, who do you anticipate the Rams selecting in the first round?

I don't know if much changed there other than maybe we wouldn't take someone like Jackson Powers-Johnson. But I feel like he's still useful, especially if Shelton isn't back. The guys I love if we stay at 19 are: Quinyon Mitchell, Fuaga, Terrion Arnold, JPJ, DeJean, and Darius Robinson. Very decent chance the first 3 don't make it to us. I also think we aren't staying at 19. We're either going up or down. Les hasn't had a first round pick in years, he's going to keep us fans on our toes. 

59 minutes ago, Dr LBC said:

For example, while I'd take Wiggins if-available in a heartbeat, I could actually see Les taking Rakestraw with Wiggins still on the board, or even Renardo Green if Shula opts for less off-coverage and more press-man than Morris did.

As a Mizzou fan, I'd be very worried about Rakestraw in round 1. I get the appeal but KAD who is going to be probably a day 2 pick was always the best corner. And he provided consistency which Rakestraw never had. 

37 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

As a Mizzou fan, I'd be very worried about Rakestraw in round 1. I get the appeal but KAD who is going to be probably a day 2 pick was always the best corner. And he provided consistency which Rakestraw never had. 

I agree.  And it's why I don't have Rakestraw ranked as highly (I have him in a similar vein - not necessarily H/W/S - but in terms of "type") as Xavian Howard when he came out of Baylor.  As in having certain deficiencies that could be ironed out, but weren't guarantees to be ironed out.  Those guys, IMO, you don't burn 1st round picks on because you can find guys with perhaps a little less in the top-end tools department, but not in such a way that scheme can't makeweight, on the second and third day of the draft. It's a cost/benefit analysis and I'd rather burn the premium pick on either a bigger or more efficient bite of the apple, so to speak.  I don't view Rakestraw as having lockdown potential, and those are the guys I swing at with 1st round picks.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Football_Bachelor08 said:

Maybe it’s just because it’s become a Norm, but I really don’t think we will have a first round pick. I think mcvay and Snead both truly feel like it’s smarter and safer to trade it for a proven player. 

I know there’s a very good chance Bowers doesn’t drop to us, but why hasn’t anyone really spoken about Ja'Tavion Sanders? I don’t know why I feel like he’s going to be a stud.

There was a lot of rumors saying we wanted to trade up for a TE last year and then we got jumped by the Bills (I think) for another TE… I think there’s a real chance that we end up with one of them. I don’t necessarily believe we’ll be picking in the first, but if we do it could be Bowers if he slides just a little outside the top 10 

3 minutes ago, Football_Bachelor08 said:

Citation needed. Nothing about the front office's behavior so far suggests they were expecting this.

I definitely think they’ve known as well for at least a couple weeks. I’ve said it before, it’s mind blowing they wouldn’t go after Dline a little more aggressively in FA but imo they did know he was retiring. 

1 minute ago, MDY10 said:

I definitely think they’ve known as well for at least a couple weeks. I’ve said it before, it’s mind blowing they wouldn’t go after Dline a little more aggressively in FA but imo they did know he was retiring. 

If that's the case, I have to question Snead's intelligence.

I think we need to go DB or Edge with our first. Personally, if Cooper DeJean was available I’d pick him. He’s a stud and can be used all over the place. Then I would hope to trade up soon after for Dline or Edge. 

5 hours ago, RamPackFan said:

I think we need to go DB or Edge with our first. Personally, if Cooper DeJean was available I’d pick him. He’s a stud and can be used all over the place. Then I would hope to trade up soon after for Dline or Edge. 

Darius Robinson is looking like a more attractive prospect now that Donald retired. Can play either edge or interior 

Edited by Football_Bachelor08

On 3/15/2024 at 8:59 PM, Football_Bachelor08 said:

If that's the case, I have to question Snead's intelligence.

It's fair to disagree with him but he definitely knew Donald was retiring for awhile. Hell, it was broken on this forum a week out so I'm sure if we had a hunch that it was happening that the team did too.