2023-2024 NBA GDT: Offseason

11sanchez11

The Nets had a big win tonight. Couldnt buy a basket in the 2nd quarter. Down by 16pts on the road without Dinwiddie, Clax, and Cam Johnson. Had guys Ive never heard of outside of Wilson the rookie and the Nets still got it done. Again this Nets team is deep and talented. If it wasnt for Mitchell and the greatness of Luka the Nets would be (4-0) right now. 

Watch out when the Nets get whole again. They definitely have the feel of a top 6 team in the East. 

2 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

The Nets had a big win tonight. Couldnt buy a basket in the 2nd quarter. Down by 16pts on the road without Dinwiddie, Clax, and Cam Johnson. Had guys Ive never heard of outside of Wilson the rookie and the Nets still got it done. Again this Nets team is deep and talented. If it wasnt for Mitchell and the greatness of Luka the Nets would be (4-0) right now. 

Watch out when the Nets get whole again. They definitely have the feel of a top 6 team in the East. 

I've missed your unrelenting optimism about the Nets.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Playin team at best IMO.  

7 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

Playin team at best IMO.  

If relatively healthy the Nets are way more than a play in team. If you are watching the games you can see that. They outplayed the Cavs but fell short at the end. They outplayed the Mavs and it took Luka greatness at the end to pull it out. They outclassed the poor Hornets. Then they just beat the Heat. They did this without a great defender in Clax, a nice starting guard in Dinwiddie, and a nice two way player in Cam Johnson. 

The only question I have about the Nets is their inability to close games late. They will be in most games even leading but the last 3 minutes of the game Im just hoping they dont fall apart and lose. If they can learn how to close games out they will win a bunch of games and be in the top 6 in the East.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

I've missed your unrelenting optimism about the Nets.

That never waivered. Just frustrated with the first two games and how the Nets had chances to win both but couldnt close. Im still loving what I see from them overall though.

2 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

That never waivered. Just frustrated with the first two games and how the Nets had chances to win both but couldnt close. Im still loving what I see from them overall though.

Oh, I know. You've loved them from the beginning of time, but this iteration since you called them a nightmare matchup heading into the playoffs last season...before they got swept.

13 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Oh, I know. You've loved them from the beginning of time, but this iteration since you called them a nightmare matchup heading into the playoffs last season...before they got swept.

Yeah as Chris Broussard famously said “a close sweep”. The Nets lost those games last season to the 76ers they were close but the Nets didn’t have a closer down the stretch to at least take a game or two to push the series deeper. 

Other random boxscore observations. James Wiseman a -15 in 6 minutes. Lmao.

I used to think he'd have to take the Hassan Whiteside path and figure it out in Europe for a few years, but he just stinks.

I get that Detroit wants to have Jaden Ivey run the bench unit for now--earn your minutes, have a legit scoring option when Cade sits, etc...but at the expense of playing Killian Hayes for 30+ mins a game?!! Isaiah freaking Stewart CANNOT be Cade's only floor spacer!!

Edited by redsoxsuck05