The MVP race

Steelersfan43

If you really think Dak should win MVP over Lamar, you’re gonna be a very sad panda when the award drops.

And this “narrative” you speak of has nothing to do with it. The NFL doesn’t like to award the same dudes MVP over and over again. If anything, Lamar had a tougher path to winning the award.

Man it’s weird supporting Lamar Jackson. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

My head is literally going to explode doing this with you. DO THE SAME THING FOR BALTIMORE. THANKS.

I love how you never bring anything of substance to the conversation. All you do is act outright disrespectful and hostile while backing it up with exactly nothing. You’re the one who tried to call me out - substantiate it with something. Try.

And again, I never even said your guy wasn’t deserving of the conversation and you’re acting like I’m dismissing him. You’re not even reading lol. Just piping off because your guy isn’t being worshipped.

8 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Fify. 

Sure, call me stupid while saying that I should be banned. This is typical FF and the reason why you don’t see Dallas fans in gen. You can’t even bring an ounce of intelligent conversation.. but you want to insult someone over having an opinion. Sooo lame, sooo weak.

1 minute ago, NoFlyZone said:

Sure, call me stupid while saying that I should be banned. This is typical FF and the reason why you don’t see Dallas fans in gen. You can’t even bring an ounce of intelligent conversation.. but you want to insult someone over having a dumb opinion. Sooo lame, sooo weak.

Fify. Peace! Happy New Year 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NoFlyZone said:

I do think Dak should be in the conversation if Lamar is.. but Lamar certainly has the narrative and his performance today might have earned it. 

You're going to get slammed for this but I actually think you're right. He should be in the conversation at #2, imo.

But I do think there is a gap between Lamar and him and I'm a box score scouter

Dak slightly more efficient TD:TO wise and marginally better rating, but Lamar's very close statswise after today. Essentially same total yards with Lamar slight higher ypa blah blah who cares.

Lamar's trump card is: He's the best player on the best team. 

We might have been able to trash his stats before today, but he's so close now, with an injured team, as the entire focus of the offense AND he's got the best record in the league.

It's really a no brainer at this point. 

Also - Lamar > Burrow and #2 QB in the league imo. Come at me bros

• Like 2

Just now, BetterCallSaul said:

Fify. Peace! Happy New Year 

Should I wait for you to bring anything to the conversation other than hostility? This is obvious bait to get me banned. If you think you’re worth that energy or my time you’re wrong. None of your insults hold weight, especially when you can’t back them up. 

3 minutes ago, Soggust said:

You're going to get slammed for this but I actually think you're right. He should be in the conversation at #2, imo.

But I do think there is a gap between Lamar and him and I'm a box score scouter

Dak slightly more efficient TD:TO wise and marginally better rating, but Lamar's very close statswise after today. Essentially same total yards with Lamar slight higher ypa blah blah who cares.

Lamar's trump card is: He's the best player on the best team. 

We might have been able to trash his stats before today, but he's so close now, with an injured team, as the entire focus of the offense AND he's got the best record in the league.

It's really a no brainer at this point. 

Also - Lamar > Burrow and #2 QB in the league imo. Come at me bros

Oh look, a reasonable reply. Why is this so much to ask for? 

• Like 1

Just now, NoFlyZone said:

Oh look, a reasonable reply. Why is this so much to ask for? 

Or maybe we are just both idiots lol

(Not sure my track record of takes suggests I'm good company to keep)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

sounds-familiar-saturday-night-live.gif

I mean.. no. I never ask for anyone to sing the praises of the players on my favorite team. All I ask for is fairness and reasonable takes. I don’t care if someone would have a different preference for MVP when it comes to Dak.. because obviously it has been a close race this year. But to be all like “Lololololoolllll you think DAK is in the convo?? R u DuMb??”.. of course I can have something to say about that.

4 minutes ago, Soggust said:

Or maybe we are just both idiots lol

(Not sure my track record of takes suggests I'm good company to keep)

No one has to always be right. Fans get it wrong constantly, and they can barely remember beyond what just happened in the last game. Aside from that, no one is fortune teller. As long as you can piece together reasonable arguments without acting like a petulant child I don’t really have a problem with anyone here lol. 

2 hours ago, Forge said:

There may not be one. If Lamar gets all the votes, which I think is possible, i don't think there would be one. Unless they've changed the voting process? I know a couple of years ago there was no second team RB because Taylor got all the votes 

buncha reasons why this voting method sucks. you found one of them.

and then in years where there's an OBVIOUS top guy, some voters will vote for a favorite knowing that one vote might get them 2nd team all-pro award.

should do a ranked choice

• Like 1