Boston Sports Thread

I_GET_SAX

22 minutes ago, mcmurtry86 said:

Amazed that Barnes didn't make it. 

Very frustrated that Holt did

I'm not, he was terrible in high leverage scenarios this season. The spot came down to Maddox or Workman, IMO. I personally would have gone with Workman because of his playoff experience, but Maddox has been great.

Only way Holt makes sense is if Nunez is limited to DH'ing because of his injury.

18 minutes ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

I'm not, he was terrible in high leverage scenarios this season. The spot came down to Maddox or Workman, IMO. I personally would have gone with Workman because of his playoff experience, but Maddox has been great.

Only way Holt makes sense is if Nunez is limited to DH'ing because of his injury.

Workman looked tired at the end of the year. Barnes has been Farrell's binky for a while so I assumed he'd be on the roster. Not sure Maddox is any better, just a new flavor of shaky reliever I'd say.

36 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Holt has a lot of defensive vesratility, hard to leave him off

Sort of. He isn't good defensively anywhere though. He's outright bad in the outfield, SS and 2B and below average at 3B and 1B. i guess the Nunez and Pedroia situations have them worried about needing multiple pinch runners or injury replacements. 

Great effort by Pomeranz today. Followed up by a brilliant tactical decision to put in Carson "I've pitched 9 innings in the past 24 months" Smith in the biggest moment of the season.

For a guy whose early career was built on the reputation of being a pitching guru, Farrell's top pitchers have crapped the bad in a huge way the past two playoffs. Unfortunately, back to back AL East championships probably ensures we're stuck with Farrell for another year at least 9_9

Great effort by Pomeranz today. Followed up by a brilliant tactical decision to put in Carson "I've pitched 9 innings in the past 24 months" Smith in the biggest moment of the season.

For a guy whose early career was built on the reputation of being a pitching guru, Farrell's top pitchers have crapped the bad in a huge way the past two playoffs. Unfortunately, back to back AL East championships probably ensures we're stuck with Farrell for another year at least 9_9

Archived