Week 8 GDT: BATTLE OF NY!!! Jets vs. GMEN @ 1pm EST

Giants4eva

This was disgusting. I have no other words. This team literally invents new ways to lose. I swear its a talent of this club. If you know Tommy Davito can not pass a ball to a WR / TE.. why in the hell is he even on your squad? I don't pin that loss on Gano, something has been wrong with him this season and we come to find out he needs a knee surgery. He misses one earlier and now if i'm Brian Daboll you have a chance to put this game away on a 4th and 1... so they decide to kick another FG????. You hand that goddamn ball off to your best player (Barkley) and trust him to make a play. This ones on him. Poor coaching decision. PISS POOR. You as a coach have to make sure the Jets DO NOT get the ball back at all even if your defense is playing great. Im sick to my stomach over this one. WTH was he thinking???? Who was it that told me "the reigning coach of the year from last year wont be fired" ... Decisions like that are reminiscent of what Joe Judge did and that got him canned quickly. 

The defense played their hearts out. Kayvon was a monster this game, i cannot even describe him better than that. He was abusing Becton almost all game. Kudos to him. The secondary did its job and was able to generate great coverage throughout the whole game. Dex, KT, the LB corps.. everyone played amazing.. except Adoree. But at this point who cares. 

The offense. Tyrod wasn't doing a damn thing even before he got hurt. Poor decisions with the runs he did, inaccurate passing, Waller goes down with a hamstring.. This was bad. We are still lacking a true #1 WR. It's awful with us right now. Has anyone even heard from Isaiah Hodgens at all this season? Or how about Sterling?.. Wan'dale has been so so as a threat to get the ball but man its obvious we don't have a true deep threat.  Oline actually didn't play as bad as i thought. Was good to see JMS back and you can tell he's a keeper. But man we are just lacking bad with playmakers outside of Barkley. 

In closing, Brian Daboll deserves to get scolded relentlessly for this one. I'm sorry but 4th and 1 and you saying i'm gonna play field position over trusting your best player (Barkley) to make a play when he's been running great is just inexcusable. And then to have a QB who u dont trust to throw a pass it basically makes this game 10 vs 11.  Just truly mad AF about this one. At this point, were 2-6 when truly our record could've been 4-4.. This seasons lost if u ask me. Time to make trades / selloff. 

Edited by Giants4eva

Good teams don't kick the FG on 4th and 1 when a 1st down means the other team never gets the ball back. The Eagles, Chiefs of the world would never do it. Daboll can try to explain it away all he wants but it's playing to not lose and that's what loser teams do. I don't know why the cycle keeps repeating itself but it's like every head coach we bring in boxes themselves into not believing in the roster and therefore playing ultra conservative / not to lose. It sends the opposite message he's probably verbally saying to players in meetings. Daboll has time to correct it but it's a slippery slope.

Daboll cost us that game in so many ways. It is one thing to kick the field goal on 4th and 1 at the end of the game with a good kicker, it is completely another thing to do it with an injured kicker that missed an easy kick last week and another kick this game. How can you ignore that? And now I am hearing DJ was cleared to play on Sunday, with the season on the line why would you have him inactive to play on Friday when there is chance he could have played on Sunday. Could you imagine how big it would have been for DJ to lead this team to a win over the Jets after Tyrod went down. 

Last year Daboll was making all the right calls and putting us in a position to win, this year all he has done is put us in position to lose.