Week 8 Thread: (6-1) Eagles vs (3-4) Commanders / GIF Theme: Ron Rivera staring blankly on the sideline doing nothing (there's plenty)

MikeT14

1 hour ago, TOUCAN said:

I think the whole “blow it up” sentiment is wayyyy too loud. We have some players that aren’t JAG. This team under some good directive can actually go places. I’m not saying they’re Super Bowl contenders but if they’re prepared they can play with anyone I think.

Problem is, you have two 1st round DE who are potential FA, starting CB, starting S are also both free agents.  You have no linebackers.  The OL is mostly aging (Leno, Lucas) or not very good (Wylie, Charles, Gates.). One of our RB’s is a pending FA, as is a WR and TE.  

Lots of starting folks won’t be coming back next year, regardless of what happens or doesn’t happen by tomorrow at 4 pm. 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Problem is, you have two 1st round DE who are potential FA, starting CB, starting S are also both free agents.  You have no linebackers.  The OL is mostly aging (Leno, Lucas) or not very good (Wylie, Charles, Gates.). One of our RB’s is a pending FA, as is a WR and TE.  

Lots of starting folks won’t be coming back next year, regardless of what happens or doesn’t happen by tomorrow at 4 pm. 

We have the cap space to retain anyone we want.

3 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

We have the cap space to retain anyone we want.

And to bring in impact players at other positions we might want to improve?  

Who knows, maybe a new front office will let some or all of those guys walk.  

My point is that we’re far from a team that has an established core for 2024 currently under contract.  That core is very much in flux right now.  Howell, Terry, Daron, and who else?  Can’t include anyone from the OL or LB corps, and probably not even in the secondary.  Allen is getting up there as far as age goes.  Curl, Sweat and Chase are upcoming FAs.  

• Like 3

8 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

Yes, I saw it and had the same thought !

If only it was Heinicke consoling Forbes it would've been promoted more. 😂 

Howell has been a calm and amazing leader for this team. He's very steady and resilient. Bad plays don't flap him, he just goes onto the next play which is impressive from a 22-year old QB

• Like 1

Landon Dickerson blows Jon Allen out of the A Gap. Chase gets stoned by Mailata. At 6’8, 350 once he gets his paws on you, you're not joking anywhere. Maybe when trying to shed him/getting away you get a holding call is the best you can ask for.

Thankfully Jamin Davis shed the pulling Lane Johnson to make the tackle.