2023 GDT Week #8 Steelers host the Jaguars

Steeler Hitman

2023 Week #8 Weekly Poll Question  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Steelers take advantage of two generous/lucky wins to build upon going forward?

• Yes. They have three winnable games at home to help build upon.
    • No. They have been more lucky than good and won't grow from this.
    • Have No Clue. The only thing consistent about the Steelers is their inconsistency.

23 hours ago, 3rivers said:

lots of problems with this team, but if they end up over .500, thats all it takes and thats a winning season. The modern era marvin lewis bungles

Tomlin needs to be fired. Enough is enough. Every year this team finds a way to be worse despite FA splashes. It starts with Tomlin.  The offensive and defensive scheme is attrocious. But in the post game presser we will heat Tomlin talk about how everything is the fault of the players. 

Edited by VigilantZombie
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, August4th said:

Do you guys trust the steelers to develop Jones into a top tier LT?

No.

I feel like we are at the beginning of a dark stretch for this franchise.    The leadership isnt there and the complacency is obvious.

But hey...Mike Tomlin doesn't have a losing season!!!   Im sure that will keep Steelers fans happy for another 10+ years!!!

Edited by 43M

2 minutes ago, VigilantZombie said:

We got to move on from this entire coaching staff.. ******* pathetic 

I keep hearing everyone say this. I may be all for change going forward as well, but the players are not doing their jobs. They are getting beat at the line of scrimmage, can't establish a running game, don't consistently make the little plays, and the self-discipline aspect.  The Jaguars outplayed us on the field.

The defense had us in a position to win. They took the ball away and gave opportunities. The offense didn't make enough plays and the refs hurt us in the first half as well. 

I don't think this is one that you can lay this loss on the coaches. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dcash4 said:

Gonna get the stop, get a score, and it will feel like a hard-fought, close rock fight that just didn’t go out way. 

But nope. Got our butts kicked. 

I think this was much more a rock fight than you make it seem. We’re a couple plays away from winning. Plus all the injuries. I don’t think we were going to win, but this was a pretty close game.

1 minute ago, Steeler Hitman said:

They are getting beat at the line of scrimmage, can't establish a running game, don't consistently make the little plays, and the self-discipline aspect.

but this has been a problem for years tho and with different players....

1 minute ago, August4th said:

Levis has 4 TD passes today

kenny is yet to have a 3 TD pass game. Only one two TD game. Only 5 total, so far this yr. Everything on offense is a black hole for production except for GP chunk plays and DJ receptions.

This is why I was saying one game at a time and you don't know what you will get with a short week and the injuries.

Just now, Steeler Hitman said:

I keep hearing everyone say this. I may be all for change going forward as well, but the players are not doing their jobs.

My question is....at what point does coaching get any blame for this?

Yes, we need more talent, but some of our issues with discipline and lack of focus and preparation comes back to lack of coaching.

2 minutes ago, Steeler Hitman said:

I keep hearing everyone say this. I may be all for change going forward as well, but the players are not doing their jobs. They are getting beat at the line of scrimmage, can't establish a running game, don't consistently make the little plays, and the self-discipline aspect.  The Jaguars outplayed us on the field.

The defense had us in a position to win. They took the ball away and gave opportunities. The offense didn't make enough plays and the refs hurt us in the first half as well. 

I don't think this is one that you can lay this loss on the coaches. 

While I agree with you, let's go through this team..

Kenny Pickett -- ain't the guy.

Najee - is a career backup bulldozer

Dan Moore - sucks

Chuks Okorafor - Sucks worse

Mason Cole - is a career backup

Pat Friermuth - Can't block for ****.

We got 2-3 WRs that should be on the field. Has Robinson even played this season?

On defense, Adams continuing to start is a joke. We don't have a starting DE between Leal, Loudermilk, and whomever else is rotating in combined. 

Wallace and Patrick Peterson should be cut and we got 1 Safety on our roster that should be.

We currently have 1 CB on our roster that is relevant.

The Players are doing what they're capable of. The coaches and GM(Colbert) brought these guys here.