2023 GDT Week #8 Steelers host the Jaguars

Steeler Hitman

2023 Week #8 Weekly Poll Question  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Steelers take advantage of two generous/lucky wins to build upon going forward?

• Yes. They have three winnable games at home to help build upon.
    • No. They have been more lucky than good and won't grow from this.
    • Have No Clue. The only thing consistent about the Steelers is their inconsistency.

47 minutes ago, 43M said:

My question is....at what point does coaching get any blame for this?

Yes, we need more talent, but some of our issues with discipline and lack of focus and preparation comes back to lack of coaching.

I am not fully giving coaching a pass. This is happening on their watch. However,

As a leader (HC) you are ultimately responsible, but not necessarily the root cause. These are grown men and professionals.  They get paid to do this. This is their craft. Where is the give a damn from them? Do they really need another grown @$$ man to motivate them and tell them what to do? They know this. Can you really make another man do something? You try to bring in players who will apply some "peer pressure and mentorship" to the squad.  It is a game of inches, and the Jags went that extra inch today and the Steelers didn't. The coaches put them in a position to be successful today.

I'm starting to see too many signs that point to us being the worse team in the Div with years of being being bad to mediocre. I don't see how we avoid this path under tomlin. He might help slow the process in the W/L column by pulling wins out his ***, but being a 5-12 type team finishing in last place feels like the eventual destination. We need to clean house with the coaching staff and blowup this offense. Need to start from the ground up with that unit. The foundation is broken. This is a big upcoming offseason for Khan.

32 minutes ago, Displayname said:

The Jaguars have the worst pass defense in the league. Couldn’t do **** that’s both players and coaches

Actually, they went right after them and Dieonte dropped two balls downfield from the getgo...and I still love watching him catch the ball and run towards the line of scrimmage...the fact that the coaches haven't put a stop to that just enforce the opinion that they should all go...

Edited by rlon
  • Like 2