2023 GDT Week #8 Steelers host the Jaguars

Steeler Hitman

2023 Week #8 Weekly Poll Question  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Steelers take advantage of two generous/lucky wins to build upon going forward?

• Yes. They have three winnable games at home to help build upon.
    • No. They have been more lucky than good and won't grow from this.
    • Have No Clue. The only thing consistent about the Steelers is their inconsistency.

12 hours ago, jebrick said:

If you watch the Steeler TD in the Jags game. 4 blockers take 2 rushers and Moore is left with the last 2.  Lucky Mitch could throw that because he was dead.

This...is what Im talking about in my above response. How are these things happening to this unit thats been together minus Isaac and even for him its 8 weeks later. So many confused assignments etc.

"I see a whole bunch of JAGs on that field, and they aint from Jacksonville..."

God, I love Pittsburgh Dad.     Probably the best part about this team sucking.     His videos are much better when we lose.    😄

• Like 3

8 hours ago, JustPlainNasty said:

I honestly agree it starts with the Oline. Their miscues and mishaps are for me the #1 ingredient in all the bad mix. I've been asking all year why Pat Meyer gets such a pass from the media and even praised. For what? All of the olineman seem to struggle to comprehend his techniques and theories and to go a long with that those theories dont always seem to align with the Offensive coordinators play calling intent. Combine that clumsiness, out of position, wrong sides, wrong doubles..

After that then you can dawg on Canadas at time sporadic play calling or lack of awareness of rhythm and situation. Sometimes just understanding the temperature of the room. I also think Tomlin plays into that last part with our 50/50 shots etc when we need 2 yds to get our first first down etc.  

I dont think that the Olines talent is that much lesser than everybody else, just that their understanding and "precision" or (lack there of)  which is a term that shouldnt even be used in the same paragraph with this Oline keep them from even seeming adequate at times

Agree with your entire post, but specifically the bold. And I think you can realistically say that about a lot of the roster. Remove QB from the equation and it's not a top 5 like the Eagles or 49ers, but it's also not a talentless mess. 

The word execution comes up SO MUCH with this team. But after multiple games -- or in our case, multiple YEARS -- it's no longer a player issue, it's a coaching one. 

Good coaches find answers, and our staff continually fails the same tests. 

IMO coaching all over the field pops when you watch games back. My off-season wishlist is for Tomlin to clean house on that side of the ball. I would love to see Mike Munchak back as the OL coach and use his experience to balance out a young gun OC like Joe Brady or Zac Robinson. 

...but we will probably hire Munchak as the OC. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

I would love to see Mike Munchak back as the OL coach and use his experience to balance out a young gun OC like Joe Brady or Zac Robinson. 

...but we will probably hire Munchak as the OC. 

Honestly.....I wouldn't be upset with any of that.  But I have heard Munchak is pretty happy not coaching right now.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, warfelg said:

Rewatching the game and I can't help to wonder why the hell did Kazee try to return that INT rather than take a knee.

I think he was so shocked that Lawrence made such a stupid decision to throw into triple coverage in the end zone, that he had a momentary mental lapse.

Or maybe he just sucks.   :|

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 43M said:

I think he was so shocked that Lawrence made such a stupid decision to throw into triple coverage in the end zone, that he had a momentary mental lapse.

Or maybe he just sucks.   :|

I think he got excited, headed that way too fast cause if he took a second he had a wall of blockers and just one opposing player and he ran pretty much right toward him in his haste. Not everybody is as cool as Minkah.

7 hours ago, warfelg said:

Munchak is pretty happy not coaching right now.

where is the dislike icon to click for this news >:(

5 hours ago, jebrick said:

He knew if the defense did not score they had no chance.

classic, why didn't I think of this?